Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I had no fear because I believed in her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You probably shouldn't believe in Kirika, dess

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just lol if you don't always believe in all the Symphogears because they're incredibly cool and great.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kirika is dumb dess

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So is Hibiki and are you telling me you don't believe in Hibiki? I find that hard to believe.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kirika is my friend and i will root for the fierce crushing of anyone who hurts her

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kirika is dumber than Hibiki dess

it's okay really, I don't dislike her

just

she dumb and I adjust my expectations accordingly

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kirika is dumber than Hibiki dess

Perhaps that's just more reason to believe in her.

The Colonel posted:

kirika is my friend and i will root for the fierce crushing of anyone who hurts her

Hibiki is going to spend the first 10 minutes of next episode punching Adam and it will be good.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TFRazorsaw posted:

You probably shouldn't believe in Kirika, dess

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kirika is dumb dess

d-d-death!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look

Kirika has been making dumb, potentially lethal decisions since G

She's not a bad girl but she definitely has a poor track record when she's allowed to make decisions on her own

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kirika is an edgy teen who loves scythes and that's why she's badass

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The only bad decision I remember her making was in G and that was mainly due to her thinking she was inevitably going to get Fine'd and basically die, which I don't blame her for.

Throwing Hibiki a birthday party? Great idea. Doping up on drugs so she doesn't die from climax song? Great idea. Kirika makes good decisions all the time and this should be acknowledged.

E:^People say that all the time but outside of scythe enjoyment and the word death Kirika doesn't really seem edgy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Heavyarms is still cooler than Deathscythe, but it's close.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Does this mean Maria is Wu Fei?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gearhead posted:

Does this mean Maria is Wu Fei?

Nobody is Wu Fei because Wu Fei sucks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirika is one of the smarter characters on the show, she reads people's moods pretty well and is very emotionally intelligent and she notices things other people don't

she's just also got terrible priorities and is very self-destructive due to low self-esteem.

edit: also how quickly we forget kirika's hoodie with the devil horns.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kirika is good and strong and probably my favorite of the secondary gears.

I fwe're talking about edginess, though, I'm kind of dying for the show to introduce XD's Edgy Alternate Universe Hibiki. Or at least let OG Hibiki wear some of these great hoodies.

https://twitter.com/nilllirr/status/913407255193698304

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 28, 2017

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

chumbler posted:

Nobody is Wu Fei because Wu Fei sucks.

Shirabe is Wu Fei

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

Shirabe is Wu Fei

Get the gently caress out

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
She's moody, she complains about other people's philosophy, dark hair, extend-o arms, what more proof do you need?! Open your eyes!

Maybe Wufei wouldn't have been such a piece of poo poo if he had an chipper-yet-edgy boyfriend. So... Duo I guess...?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Kirika's 'edge' is mostly in her dress sense.

Endorph posted:

edit: also how quickly we forget kirika's hoodie with the devil horns.

I never forgot. It's so cute!

Give everyone more casual outfits. Tsubasa should wear a cool hat again!

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 28, 2017

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I think that was a pretty alright finale to an overall very good season.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I am already pre-hyped for season 5 in which

Miku

will punch

the Annunaki .

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I am glad Miku is going to be a goddess.

Actually what's going to happen is that one of Hibiki or Miku is going to be made into a national defense weapon and the other will have to save her.

Also, I wonder if Jojo is in Hibiki's training regimen.

Season 5 when! Hype!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Miku and Hibiki are going to become Gods and I'm very happy for them.

Good final episode for a good season. I kinda feel the alchemists started getting picked off anti-climactically mid-season and Adam is probably the weakest villain Symphogear's had but still a very fun time. Not all the character's arcs came together (except Hibiki's which was as always fantastic and well thought out) but outside of Maria's I really liked all the ideas that got brought up especially for Kirika and Shirabe, who usually don't get much screentime separate from each other. Kirika just wanting to selflessly help people and see her friends happy without thinking too much about the complexities is good. And although Shirabe being unable to connect with the others didn't land for me the idea of contrasting her with Tsubasa is cool and especially comparing the KiriShira duo with Kanade and Tsubasa's relationship is a really interesting concept. I hope those things get more play next season.

The alchemists all owned and I'm still going to believe they have the potential to return because they're great. Maybe the best selection of songs from a season as well if only because I think there were a lot more tracks with multiple singers and those are the best. For the first time ever it felt like there was some actual (very slight) set up for the next season and I like the seeds that have been lain. I hope Tsubasa beats up her terrible terrible terrible Grandad.

Most importantly Hibiki finally gets a Named Attack!!!!!! Almost cancels out the lack of a concert, which is still a pretty huge miss imo.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Carol's hat was better than Adam's fedora.

With all the dynamics the G cast has now, I'm not sure how Kaneko can even fit in characters as good as the Alchemists in another season. AXZ is good at building up expectations for next season as just as it was good at hyping itself.

The new Gear combat stuff was too good of a teaser and Hibiki's new abilities definitely fit her and where the plot is going with her. She's going to lose herself in turning into the Monomyth that bridges all stories and legends, and it's going to be up to Miku to bring her home! :3: Maybe even with the same plot as Kylra said going on externally, for extra business.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dzhay posted:

I am already pre-hyped for season 5 in which

Miku

will punch

the Annunaki .

:same:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

But seriously, I think the implication here, especially with Hibiki using the other gear's power is that both her and Miku are able to use any Gear that is out there.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It certainly opens the door for the return of Shenshoujing.

And Miku and Hibiki both punching love and understanding into the Annunaki.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think that was actually the best final fight in any season, since it wasn't just X-Drive and win.

I can't wait for Hibiki and Miku's alien-punching dates.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Helter Skelter posted:

I think that was a pretty alright finale to an overall very good season.

:yeah:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Most importantly Hibiki finally gets a Named Attack!!!!!! Almost cancels out the lack of a concert, which is still a pretty huge miss imo.

:yeah:: :yeah:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Adam is probably the weakest villain Symphogear's had but still a very fun time.

I liked Adam more than Carol. He's consistently such a weird abusive rear end in a top hat. He at least provoked an emotion, even if it's just 'gently caress this guy'.

iospace posted:

But seriously, I think the implication here, especially with Hibiki using the other gear's power is that both her and Miku are able to use any Gear that is out there.

Give Miku every gear

ED: Once again Symphogear ain't nothing to gently caress with. Can't wait for Symphogear RZA!

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 2, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will be first in loving line to kneel before Hibiki and Miku, the benevolent Goddesses of Love and Righteous Warfare.

AXZ doesn't quite match the highs or thematic tightness of Season 1 or G for me, but it's probably the most consistent season of the bunch. Certainly a massive step forwards from the well-intentioned mess that was GX. Hibiki continues to be an outrageously charismatic and lovable protagonist in all respects, Shirabe's arc in particular took a nice step forwards, and the villains were maybe my favorite in the series - between the Alchemists being genuinely sympathetic and likable, Adam being a hideously evil and smug fucker, and Tiki kind of serving as a weird foil to Hibiki with her empty, physical devotion to Adam being contrasted against Hibiki's boundless empathy, emotional labor, and willingness to love people. Extremely excited for season 5, hope we get an ETA soon.

Edit: Also can we talk about how it's now canon that Hibiki and Miku's love for each other has literally cleansed each other's souls and made each other clean?:swoon:

I loving love Symphogear

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 2, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Edit: Also can we talk about how it's now canon that Hibiki and Miku's love for each other has literally cleansed each other's souls and made each other clean?:swoon:

I loving love Symphogear

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that was the best final attack in the series

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

kanade for your soul

Absum
May 28, 2013

Weakest final few episodes for me personally. Most of my reasons aren't actually applicable to people who aren't me though so meh.

The only ones that aren't wholly personal are that I felt it was a bit too busy and that the alchemists return felt hollow. I really wanted them to be alive but the fact that the symphogears didn't know yet none of them cared that they'd killed two people felt really bad (even if I'd probably never noticed myself cause I'm dumb like that).

That's not to say that the final eps had no good moments at all though, and it was still a good season overall. Definitely hype for next season as well with that ending.

fakeedit: oh right I also did not like Adam as a final villain, he was fine in every episode before the last but all the other villains had idk more convincing emotions or something, with Adam I felt more like he just kept on fighting afterwards just for the heck of it and this was not helped by having him transform in some monster that's unable to emote and muddying his motivations with some last minute alien statements.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

Wonder if it'll turn out that the mirror gear cleansed her of the original sin as well

finally one of my predictions comes true!!

Wish they did a bit more with the silver all gear get up before moving onto the final gold one. That might have to wait until next season though since I just want some cool rear end poo poo to happen with it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lessail posted:

finally one of my predictions comes true!!

Oh holy poo poo, and that was weeks in advance. Nicely done.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh holy poo poo, and that was weeks in advance. Nicely done.

rip the genjuro vs adam dream

welcome the swiss army gear miku dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eela6 posted:

I liked Adam more than Carol. He's consistently such a weird abusive rear end in a top hat. He at least provoked an emotion, even if it's just 'gently caress this guy'

I liked Carol. She had strong connections to the themes of the season like Miracles and Dads and was even related to some of the greater series themes. Also she had a great song and a cool weapon. Can't believe it took 3 seasons for an instrument to be a weapon in this show about songs.

• Locked thread