Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Toshimo posted:

It's 100% about predicting enemy movement. Sorry, but it's a straight get gud issue.

as long as the enemy is in/touching the circle when it lands, that's a hit right? i think the slow speed + the arc throws me off visually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
When do you and don't you Lunara? She's fun to play, but I'm not sure when you'd draft her as opposed to other ranged assassins.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I use the release to throw hot key and it helps.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kai Tave posted:

When do you and don't you Lunara? She's fun to play, but I'm not sure when you'd draft her as opposed to other ranged assassins.

You do Lunara on Battlefield of Eternity because Nature's Culling is insanely good for it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kai Tave posted:

Enemy's only DPS is squishy or melee. She can run circles around (and jump over) tanks and squishy divers, but she has problems with ranged lockdown or good ranged traders like Falstad, Zagara, Azmo, or Tassadar. If enemy has (Thrall/Alarak/Illidan/Ragnaros) plus (mage/Tychus) you'll be fine. Then again that's not a difficult team to beat in general.

She's also good vs burst heal like Uther or Stukov or Auriel.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I haven't gotten a stimpack out of a loot box in weeks. Did they change the rate at which they drop?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

NeurosisHead posted:

I haven't gotten a stimpack out of a loot box in weeks. Did they change the rate at which they drop?

I opened 33 loot boxes on Tuesday and got 1x 1-day and 1x 3-day stims. I spent 15k (:suicide:) rerolling too, so that gives you a sense of the rarity.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

They always feel like they come in bursts for me, I'll go forever without any, then get like a 3, next box a 3, then another 3 all back to back.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

NeurosisHead posted:

like 1/100 or something, haven't seen one in ages.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
That's lame. I remember after 2.0 first came out I got months of stimpacks just from lootboxes. Oh well, I suppose they're probably the most purchased item since more exp = more boxes. I don't know why they would give them away, given that.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

B E T R A Y A L

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
dont trust anyone even your panda

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Dire Human posted:

B E T R A Y A L

What happened ?

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
When you pick Lili you're picking against your team.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Nazeebo is ridiculous. He's just good at EVERYTHING. I had this discussion with a friend of mine and he said it's offset by naz being squishy but he doesn't feel squishy. Not like the casters do.

He's good at pushing, he's good at dueling, he's good at teamfights, he's good at killing bosses. Goddamn. Hope that dude gets nerfed soon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nazeebo is definitely OP but his design is basically tolerable so I don't care as much as I should. (See also Malthiel). The numbers are just a little too high.

Tracer entering top 5 win rates in HL is much more alarming to me because I despise her.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

No Wave posted:

Nazeebo is definitely OP but his design is basically tolerable so I don't care as much as I should. (See also Malthiel). The numbers are just a little too high.

Tracer entering top 5 win rates in HL is much more alarming to me because I despise her.

Malthael is really good but he does have a couple weaknesses. He's super close range so he can't just poke with impunity like Nazeebo can and he is kinda garbage at pushing structures.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

PantsBandit posted:

Malthael is really good but he does have a couple weaknesses. He's super close range so he can't just poke with impunity like Nazeebo can and he is kinda garbage at pushing structures.
Malth also only has one button he can push to poke. If he misses his hard-to-make skill shot, he jerks off impotently for a while unless the target is kind enough to enter melee range.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I feel like if you are planning on running a thick front line you want to ban Malthael because you don't want him just sitting in the middle of it ulting your team to death. Other than that I'm never really afraid of him. Missing his opener (aforementioned above) is really unforgiving and most Malthael players can be isolated and killed on the site of first mistake.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have never felt like Nazeebo was overpowered. If you shut him down during the early game (which is not hard, considering how heavily he relies on his talent build), he's just not a problem. Deny his minion stacks early and he'll not only be low on durability, but he will also miss the chance to pick up Vile Infection at 20.

Good counterpicks to Nazeebo:
Zagara can dodge jars like nobody's business. Additionally, because Nazeebo's only method of clearing creep are the jars themselves, a Nazeebo laning against a Zagara has to choose between clearing creep (so he can actually hit Zagara) or trying to hit Zagara (and likely failing because she's on creep).
Azmodan can kill minions in his lane well outside of the range of Nazeebo's jars and can summon minions to block toads from hitting your walls. Azmodan has comparable waveclear, so you can probably bring Nazeebo to a stalemate rather easily.
Sonya can get up in Nazeebo's face and beat the hell out of him pretty easily. Bonus points if he tries to Zombie Wall her and she uses Whirlwind for a free full heal.
Raynor, of all loving people. He can easily out-poke Nazeebo and his auto-potion allows him to shrug off Nazeebo's DOTs. If you get trapped by a Zombie Wall, escaping is as easy as throwing a Q at it and walking out.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

The other day I went vs a Naz, Poison Nova Xul and Ice Ring Jaina... it was not fun watching our whole team get poisoned.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

I have no earthly idea. Sorry Valla!

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Anybody that can basically ignore zombie ring will give Naz some trouble, considering he had no escapes.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

A good Genji or Illidan gives me fits as Naz. Granted, I only have to land one spider on Genji to send him away but if any of the hyper mobile heroes is on their game it's tough.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Valeera feels really overtuned.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Are you trying to play Kel'Thuzad in QM? (dont play kelthuzad in qm)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

Valeera is very punishing for certain characters and people who can't spot the shimmer. If you wander deep into a lane at half-health without having some idea of where Valeera is, you know exactly what's going to happen to you.

also it's free Nova week now so you should be seeing a lot more of her than Valeera.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
EDIT: Nevermind!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shabadu posted:

A good Genji or Illidan gives me fits as Naz. Granted, I only have to land one spider on Genji to send him away but if any of the hyper mobile heroes is on their game it's tough.

I loving love fighting Illidan because he's just so vulnerable to Nazeebo's attacks. An Illidan diving me at Level 13+ is basically a free kill - I immediately hit him with one wave of Toads after he flips over me, wait for him to slide through me for the second wave, drop some spiders on myself to just barely clip him with the jar, and then pop Ice Block while he gets ripped apart by 6 stacks of Toad damage and five angry spiders. If I'm feeling particularly spiteful (or if I'm getting Hunted), I toss a Gargantuan in the mix.

Regardless of what happens, pretty much his only option at that point is to gently caress off or die. It's great.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

Valeera is very punishing for certain characters and people who can't spot the shimmer. If you wander deep into a lane at half-health without having some idea of where Valeera is, you know exactly what's going to happen to you.

also it's free Nova week now so you should be seeing a lot more of her than Valeera.

I see a lot of duo players in QM running Valeera and Zerul and it's very irritating.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Outside of people queueing together I think the MM makes it impossible for two stealth heroes to be on the same. Because it's op!!!!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

If you shoot a fireball at her while she's stealthed and reveal, there's virtually nothing she can do for the next 6 seconds or so

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's more that she can stun or silence coming out of stealth plus she can re-enter stealth and be immune to getting knocked out of it for a few moments whenever she wants. I'm sure at higher skill level play it's not nearly as amazing but I routinely see her decimate teams my own rear end included in quickplay where i stay because i am terrible

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Minorkos posted:

If you shoot a fireball at her while she's stealthed and reveal, there's virtually nothing she can do for the next 6 seconds or so

There are sometimes when I just run up to people out of stealth to get a SS off and then stealth > stun > eviscerate > SS again. Granted this is after a few levels and talents.

Vanishing midcombat to suddenly stun people just makes them panic, it makes me panic. This also only applies to like low gold level because I am shite.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Hotfix is finally out fixing most of the major bugs introduced in the last patch including Falstad.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21072617/heroes-of-the-storm-hotfix-notes-october-2-2017-10-2-2017

edit: They fixed more bugs than are listed; Reddit reports that vehicles now scale correctly.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 3, 2017

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Whatever happened to Gazlowe? Had one on my team last night and it got me thinking about how I've hardly seen him at all in QM for what feels like months.

It can't be that he's bad at the moment, because he's almost always been terrible and that never stopped him making GBS threads up both sides of a QM every game (and even with the anti-mirror matching system now you would at least expect to see him on one team). I'm guessing it's because there are a lot more heroes in the game now and all the Gazlowe mains have found other ways to scratch that particular itch.

One hero's QM pick rate hasn't changed though : Nova's. Nova never changes.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Power Bottom posted:

I have never felt like Nazeebo was overpowered. If you shut him down during the early game (which is not hard, considering how heavily he relies on his talent build), he's just not a problem. Deny his minion stacks early and he'll not only be low on durability, but he will also miss the chance to pick up Vile Infection at 20.

Good counterpicks to Nazeebo:
Zagara can dodge jars like nobody's business. Additionally, because Nazeebo's only method of clearing creep are the jars themselves, a Nazeebo laning against a Zagara has to choose between clearing creep (so he can actually hit Zagara) or trying to hit Zagara (and likely failing because she's on creep).
Azmodan can kill minions in his lane well outside of the range of Nazeebo's jars and can summon minions to block toads from hitting your walls. Azmodan has comparable waveclear, so you can probably bring Nazeebo to a stalemate rather easily.
Sonya can get up in Nazeebo's face and beat the hell out of him pretty easily. Bonus points if he tries to Zombie Wall her and she uses Whirlwind for a free full heal.
Raynor, of all loving people. He can easily out-poke Nazeebo and his auto-potion allows him to shrug off Nazeebo's DOTs. If you get trapped by a Zombie Wall, escaping is as easy as throwing a Q at it and walking out.

Are these the heroes you shut down Naz with, or heroes who have shut down your Naz? I feel like Naz is one of my top two confidence heroes and at low plat I don't agree with any of these except maybe Sonya. Looking through my losses in the past few months they seem to be either Kharazim/Valla/Varian/Sonya/Tracer, heroes who can get on you and be sticky, or double tank Stitches/Johanna/Arthas with Medic/Uther where they can simply tank through your damage. I typically go Widowmakers/Big Voodoo/Dead Rush on 1/4/7 which is more of a waveclear build than full spiders. With this build I beat Zag and Azmo push in the 1v1 lane every time. None of the heroes you listed has an escape, and so when I lead with zombie wall, I either trap them and then throw on the Q and E, or zone them out to a place where they can't retaliate.

I never feel like I am shut down as Naz in the early game. You may kill me once or twice but I will just stick to my towers and be safer. It is going to take a 2-3 hero commitment by the red team AND you are going to have to catch me by surprize to get me. Hopefully since I am drawing so much resources to be neutralized, we are winning the rest of the map. In theory.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Kalko posted:

Whatever happened to Gazlowe? Had one on my team last night and it got me thinking about how I've hardly seen him at all in QM for what feels like months.

It can't be that he's bad at the moment, because he's almost always been terrible and that never stopped him making GBS threads up both sides of a QM every game (and even with the anti-mirror matching system now you would at least expect to see him on one team). I'm guessing it's because there are a lot more heroes in the game now and all the Gazlowe mains have found other ways to scratch that particular itch.

One hero's QM pick rate hasn't changed though : Nova's. Nova never changes.

Gaz is fine. Ever since he got the 'speed and armor on Robo-Goblin' tweak he's been a solid scrapper. Most people just like Probius, I guess? Easier to make bigger numbers happen.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Unfixed bugs, according to Reddit:

Confirmed by this guy:
Rehgar's [[Hunger of the Wolf]] deals no bonus damage at all, it just applies the self heal.
Thrall's [[Chain Lightning]] can only jump on enemies he has vision on
Kel'Thuzad's [[Shadow Fissure]] cannot be cast inside of the mines while you're outside of them and vice versa (only an issue on haunted mines, obviously)
Valeera: using [[Vanish]] right after one of her basic abilities (or using it by shift-queueing) makes her not vanish at all while Vanish goes on full cooldown
Murky: doing Mercs with [[Egg Hunt]] isn't as easy as it was before Ana patch. Mercs will attack the fake eggs only when nobody else is around (for example when murky uses his bubble), they won't ever priorize the fake eggs as long as a hero is around. (might be intended that way though, as it is a talent meant to deceive the enemy and not to merc faster)
Lunara: [[Boundless Strike]] doesn't work on allied heroes or minions; you can only jump over allied wisp or buildings.
Kel'thuzad's [[Hungering Cold]] only deals bonus damage to heroes, not minions or mercs or monsters, eventhough the talent reads "enemies that are rooted"

Unconfirmed:
Abathur Bombard Strain at level 13, his locusts deal 1 less damage when in melee range (not exactly 1 damage, 1 less damage lol)
Medivh Reabsorption at 16, Force of Will does not heal 50% the damage mitigated if Medivh takes a killing-blow level of damage the very moment Force of Will expires.
Rehgar wolf lunge range still buggy for at least 1 guy

bugfix notes posted:

Brightwing: Phase Shift will no longer be placed on full cooldown when interrupted by Root, Silence, or Polymorph effects.

OH THANK CHRIST! This (along with some other poor plays) lead to a TL loss for me yesterday. Was really frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

How come Roadhog and Pudge are top picks in their respective games, but nobody except me plays Stitches? He owns.