Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RCarr posted:

So basically, if you're not going to be above 265 light by the weekly reset, it's safe to do the milestones? If you think you'll get to 265 before the weekly reset, then wait until you are before doing them?

Basically, the theory is that milestones are always going to be a set amount of light over your current level. So you poopsock all week to try and get a bunch of exotics to boost your light, and then just before reset finish the milestones to get even more of a boost.

Or you could just play the game and not give a gently caress because your light will increase over time no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Oh man i got the helmet that refills your melee lunges when you kill with them so now thats like, armor exotic number three i feel like i cant live without

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

xzzy posted:

Basically, the theory is that milestones are always going to be a set amount of light over your current level. So you poopsock all week to try and get a bunch of exotics to boost your light, and then just before reset finish the milestones to get even more of a boost.

Or you could just play the game and not give a gently caress because your light will increase over time no matter what.

This is specifically about 265, nobody's talking about saving that crap in the hopes of getting light boosts from exotics. It's about saving the powerful gear rewards for when they're either about to disappear or are the only way to level up.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mill Village posted:

This is great. He missed an easy kill.

YOU COULD HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH US.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
How the gently caress does this game not have loadout/profiles to switch between?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How the gently caress does this game not have loadout/profiles to switch between?

If you use it, the Destiny Item manager app has that as a feature.

https://destinyitemmanager.com/

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Do we have any idea on whether we will be able to continue to get faction tokens now that the event is ending? I'm still missing parts of the FWC Warlock armor.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Do we have any idea on whether we will be able to continue to get faction tokens now that the event is ending? I'm still missing parts of the FWC Warlock armor.

Tokens can be earned during Rally Week only. They can be turned in during Rally Week and during "Victory Week" (the week after, when the winning gun is for sale).

I'm guessing this will be a once-a-month event like Iron Banner, but they haven't said.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

You can earn tokens until the weekly reset and redeem them until the next reset, after that they're gone.

You're also lucky that FWC is bugged and doesn't obey the 30-engram limit so get to grindin'

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
:negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

You're also lucky that FWC is bugged and doesn't obey the 30-engram limit so get to grindin'

I'm up to rank 64, still don't have a complete set of armor. :shepspends:

Which I didn't even try to do, I've been doing a lot of public events and they constantly poo poo tokens at you. But now that I do the math on that, jesus christ that's a lot of destiny this week.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m happy that the FWC shaders make sparrows look even more like hotwheels cars than the original D1 trick sparrow

vvvvvv eh, Queens Wrath was hated almost universally while most people are happy or at least neutral with faction rally. Especially when it’s obvious that next time will have a different subset of faction guns dropping.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 2, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Tokens can be earned during Rally Week only. They can be turned in during Rally Week and during "Victory Week" (the week after, when the winning gun is for sale).

I'm guessing this will be a once-a-month event like Iron Banner, but they haven't said.

what do you think the odds are they pull it for "improvements" and send it to the Farm where it can run and play with the Queen's Wrath

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mazerunner posted:

what do you think the odds are they pull it for "improvements" and send it to the Farm where it can run and play with the Queen's Wrath

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, they're gonna keep this thing going with a new juicy gun every month because we all know destiny players absolutely must collect them all.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

Faction Rally is awesome, though!

Unless you were busy or out of town that week, then it's Bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Yeah, they're gonna keep this thing going with a new juicy gun every month because we all know destiny players absolutely must collect them all.

Yeah if they made a full complement of guns for each faction they can pick 4+1 over and over and get months of engagement out of it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah faction rally is good. If you're missing any of the armor (which I'm not!) just throw a faction shader on the set it's derived from and you're fine.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The only things this game needs to really do are

1) make strikes drop 50% more tokens

2) make crucible not poo poo from a butt

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The only things this game needs to really do are

1) make strikes drop 50% more tokens

3)fix the tower loading crash
4) add more tower fast travel points

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mazerunner posted:

3)fix the tower loading crash
4) add more tower fast travel points

5) Rehire Peter Dinklage

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

YOU COULD HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH US.

I could play tonight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

5) Rehire Peter Dinklage

RIP Dinklebot

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

5) Rehire Peter Dinklage

:agreed:

Give me my goddamn Dinklebot, Bungie! :arghfist:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

year 1: "fuuuuck dinklebot is SOOOOO BAD you really hosed this up bungie!"

year 2-4: "wow dinklebot was so awesome please bring him back bungie!"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I get why they redid the Ghost if Dinklebot couldn't continue, but man the new ghost's personally and tone are not good

Serf
May 5, 2011

dinklebot was always good

but they probably couldn't continue to afford dinklage

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

year 1: "fuuuuck dinklebot is SOOOOO BAD you really hosed this up bungie!"

year 2-4: "wow dinklebot was so awesome please bring him back bungie!"

I always liked the Dinklebot.

The same people who get really passionate about neeeeedinggg their guardian to speak also got mad about Dinklebot. They also love Failsafe and hate Asher. They eat soy.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You can't have a fully-formed opinion on D2 PvP until you've gotten 7 Trials wins, imho

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
In D1, me and the dinklebot awakened a warmind over the course of like 3 levels. In D2, Nolanbot asks "W-what's a warmind?"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can't have a fully-formed opinion on D2 PvP until you've gotten 7 Trials wins, imho

I'm not even sure I've played 7 trials matches this time

It seems like it is simply competitive mode, but with 2 minute intros

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

In D2, Nolanbot asks "W-what's a warmind?"

I think Nolanbot got some brain damage when it fell off the ship in the intro.

quote:

I'm not even sure I've played 7 trials matches this time

It seems like it is simply competitive mode, but with 2 minute intros

I'm getting on tonight to do Trials just because I want to go see the spire once, I don't really want to play it out. My shameful solo queue losing streak aside I do pretty well in pvp still but it's a lot more boring with how much less often powers and abilities are used.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Serf posted:

but they probably couldn't continue to afford dinklage

The official explanation is that video game voiceovers couldn't fit into his schedule indefinitely

I don't think talent money is an issue for a project the size of Destiny (even after you get past the FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS misinfo)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The destiny reddit is lousy with that stuff. People really, really want their Destiny 1 back.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I get why they redid the Ghost if Dinklebot couldn't continue, but man the new ghost's personally and tone are not good

Yeah this current Ghost is seriously painfully bad. You could find a better voice actor by just picking up a random person off the street...

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
No I think he's a fine voice actor it's just the direction is real bad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pretty much. I do like the acting just after getting off the ship and getting to the Farm though; the Ghost really sounds beat to gently caress and broken down over what just happened.

Also I know why they don't but it's a little weird how apparently every Ghost can speak and have personalities and stuff (and say and do things in the grimoire and exotic descriptions; in one FWC or Trials one I think there's a ghost that's glad his guardian died) but no one else's Ghost ever even shows up in-game.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 2, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I loved how tired and weird Dinklebot sounded from "....Wheresizz Ghost...!?" to that stilted explanation of "Rift in time, time, that can't be right"

xzzy posted:

The destiny reddit is lousy with that stuff. People really, really want their Destiny 1 back.

What on earth besides Peter Dinklage could any person possibly want back from loving Destiny 1? Almost everything that was changed was for the better save for leaving behind the option to do 6v6 or "no cooldowns mode lol" for PvP

RBA Starblade posted:

in one FWC or Trials one I think there's a ghost that's glad his guardian died

LOL I really wish there was a quest about some rogue ghost a la Guilty Spark, that'd be hilarious

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, lines like "Are you ready for creepy story time? I'm ready for creepy story time." and most of the Patrol turn-in dialogue is waaay too Gearbox for my tastes.

Failsafe and Asher can be overly HOO-HOO WACKY at times too, but they're also​gated off in their respective planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

What on earth besides Peter Dinklage could any person possibly want back from loving Destiny 1?

Sparrow horns