Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The Jets are well on their way to being 8-8

SWEET JESUS WHY

Welcome to Jets Football

This year's slogan is "Of Course They Couldn't Even Suck Right"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The Jets will pick in the 6 to 10 range and the Giants will land in the top 3 and get Rosen or Darnold.

The Prophecy has been foretold.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yes but the Darnold to USC rumors persist anyways.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/914934059742019584

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cash Monet posted:

The Jets will pick in the 6 to 10 range and the Giants will land in the top 3 and get Rosen or Darnold.

The Prophecy has been foretold.

If the Jets have to give up multiple future 1's to trade up than so be it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

If the Jets have to give up multiple future 1's to trade up than so be it.

They would waste them anyway

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

They would waste them anyway

Jets are ok with first round picks, it's the second round picks we should be treating as worthless.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

Jets are ok with first round picks, it's the second round picks we should be treating as worthless.

Yeah though they have to take some offensive players at some point.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Taking Hackenberg in the second was very offensive.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Taking Hackenberg in the second was very offensive.

They have been wasting 2's WAY before Hack was a thing.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Dolfans please give me the stats or whatever I need that shows Suh is a top DT. I watch Aaron Donald, McCoy and Wilkerson and see guys out there making plays and changing games.

I watch Dolphins games and I see Suh... well I don't really see him that much.

I've always been wrong about this though so tell me why I'm wrong.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

sirtommygunn posted:

Jets are ok with first round picks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheBizzness posted:

Dolfans please give me the stats or whatever I need that shows Suh is a top DT. I watch Aaron Donald, McCoy and Wilkerson and see guys out there making plays and changing games.

I watch Dolphins games and I see Suh... well I don't really see him that much.

I've always been wrong about this though so tell me why I'm wrong.

He stepped on a dude once

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You're not seeing that out of Wilkerson. Mo is JAG-tier now and almost certainly getting cut after this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

You're not seeing that out of Wilkerson. Mo is JAG-tier now and almost certainly getting cut after this year.

The best Jet DL this year isn't Wilkerson OR Leonard Williams...

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Just about 90% of the Jets who were on this team last year are having awful seasons so far, whether they are still on the roster or somewhere else

The No Name Draft Selections

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Just about 90% of the Jets who were on this team last year are having awful seasons so far, whether they are still on the roster or somewhere else

The No Name Draft Selections

We mentioned this before but there isn't one player the Jets let go in the offseason who is making them look bad for that decision. That includes Sheldon Richardson.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nick folk sucks. Sorry tampa

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Folk playing like a Jet :stare:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In the good universe the pats wouldnt keep getting bailed out by stupid decisions like not going for it 4th and 1 or trusting nick folk.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Real hurthling! posted:

In the good universe the pats wouldnt keep getting bailed out by stupid decisions like not going for it 4th and 1 or trusting nick folk.

Yeah any other team at the end of the half where they had 2 roughing the passer penalties to put the other team in field goal range or if any other team gave the other team a first down on a punt, they would be struck with the Football God's equivalent of Thor's Wrath and pay for it dearly.

But the sorry rear end Buccaneers...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

They are going to be the worst 12 win team in NFL history.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

mcmagic posted:

They will get the 1st seed in the AFC. The two actual viable AFC teams will face off, with one of them getting knocked out. The remaining team will face the Patriots on the road, and thanks to generous holding calls, the Patriots will sustain a drive that will lead to the game winning field goal. They will be the worst team to ever make the Super Bowl and win.

:gonk:

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 6, 2017

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Patriots have never been good. They're just on an unprecedented 16 year streak of luck.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mcmagic posted:

still won't be worse than the 13-3 01 bears

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

mastershakeman posted:

still won't be worse than the 13-3 01 bears
Which the Bills paid dearly for having happened.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets somehow going to edge the browns that should be beating them 24 nothing right now if it wasn't a clash of two cursed franchises type situation

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There were actually idiot Jet fans who thought the fact that they beat 2 terrible teams to go 2-2 meant they were any less horrible than people expected them to be.

Edit: They still just aren't close to as competent tankers as the Browns are though. Not in the same league.

Edit 2: They are gonna be taking bows all week for being 3-2 too.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 8, 2017

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Jets, Bills and Patriots share the division lead at 3-2.

This is the dumbest division.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Also the Pats play the Jets for the division lead next week since the Bills are on a bye. I hate rooting for the Jets but here we go I guess.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

afc east tied for most wins :psyduck:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Jets are the worst team I've ever seen with a winning record this far in the season. They can barely beat the Browns and Jaguars with basically everything going their way.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets are the worst team I've ever seen with a winning record this far in the season. They can barely beat the Browns and Jaguars with basically everything going their way.

The early schedule has been about as easy as it could be. That's over now though.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

God has looked upon the Jets and grace them with weapons grade lucktonium. The Jets are horrible, but so are the Patriots right now. This is the most vulnerable the Pats have been in years.

The Jets will be the worst team to ever get the 1st seed in the AFC :v:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

God has looked upon the Jets and grace them with weapons grade lucktonium. The Jets are horrible, but so are the Patriots right now. This is the most vulnerable the Pats have been in years.

The Jets will be the worst team to ever get the 1st seed in the AFC :v:

They really haven't gotten lucky, they are just better than the Browns and Jaguars and Dolphins...

Looks like it's either Cousins or trade up in May.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets gonna lose 11 straight maybe except they might beat the dolphins again somehow

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

5-11. Maybe 4-2. Just hope for 3 QBs coming out.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
X posting my mate who is a pats fan meltdown:

quote:

I don't like Dallas but I hate all the chat about Rodgers being the best. He's not.
Payton Manning had some bad defences through his career and made 4 Super Bowls, Brady took a 31st rank defence and was one pass away from winning another. Rodgers goes one and done every year. His numbers are really good because his team doesn't run the ball and lions and bears have had bottom 5 defences for the better part of 10years.

At least Brady struggles to beat the dolphins and the Bills and Jets have had number one defences in the league numerous times to challenge him. While the team has beat them and the division is weak, the actual defences he's played are pretty good. And it's not about him being better than Brady, I just find it annoying that most analysts think he's the best qb ever. He's a good qb but it's only because he can get out of the pocket and buy time. If people keep him in the pocket, like the Falcons do or like the cowboys currently do, then you see how he plays. He'll get 300yards this game and maybe 3 touchdowns but it will mostly be in garbage time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

5-11. Maybe 4-2. Just hope for 3 QBs coming out.

I don't think there any way after 3-2 than they get ahead of the Browns or 9ers in the draft and the 2 QB's are going 1-2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aaron rodgers is a big tool but every pats fan is higher on the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“mcmagic”" post="“477184752”"]
I don’t think there any way after 3-2 than they get ahead of the Browns or 9ers in the draft and the 2 QB’s are going 1-2.
[/quote]

Yeah the browns have to win more games than the jets now.

• Locked thread