Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

neurotic posted:

if you live on a train, aren't you technically homeless?

Yeah, who ever heard of a mobile home? Ridiculous!

As somebody who works with homeless people in my community on a regular basis, I could actually give you a VERY detailed answer to that question, but I like my joke answer better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Is anyone still around?

Still here. Getting massive amounts of schadenfreude from people on the official forums who neither do NiM Ops or Ranked crying about 5% dps/hps normilizations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Non-Entity, you still around? Is anyone still around?

Nope.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

As far as I could tell when I came back a few weeks ago there's nothing to do.

I mean, you can grind command xp but why? So you can run a nonexistent raid? You could level another character, but past 50 why? It's the same story. You don't even have different companions anymore.

PvP is active at least. It seemed nigh impossible to get any other queue to pop though. Fleet is a ghost town.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I do log in from time to time, mostly to check the Cartel Market. Lately I've been playing Champions Online and LOTRO more. I will eventually shift to playing SWTOR more, but after everything involved with the Zakuul stuff, part of me just doesn't have the energy to slog through it and I'm curious to see what they put out from here to see where things go. I did hear the other day or so that they might have a tentative settlement with the voice actor strike and if that's true, perhaps we'll see more companions come back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Still here. Getting massive amounts of schadenfreude from people on the official forums who neither do NiM Ops or Ranked crying about 5% dps/hps normilizations.

Yeah my current pastime is riling those people up. Along with yelling at people who complain about how terrible Galactic Command is that they don't need gear for anything but hard mode raiding and then your gear comes from raiding.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Yes I am here what is it that you want

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Make a new raid

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Make a new raid

STAR WORLDS: THE PENULTIMATE FRONTIER

©SPAECGAEMS 1988

INSERT COIN

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

We already have a raid with a coin inserting mechanic

There's no new ideas these days, i tells ya

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

We already have a raid with a coin inserting mechanic

There's no new ideas these days, i tells ya

You have been killed by chiggers.

Score: 9
Achievements unlocked: 2

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

My favorite is when someone posts something reasonable about how the nerfs aren't the end of the world and they get immediately accused of being a secret BioWare dev.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

nonentity posted:

Make us something nice for October.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Medullah posted:

im always here, patiently awaiting the revelation of the hidden imam, muhammed al-GSF Update

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Can you make me a cool Rancor that is like a robot but with a Rancor hologram.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Or how about a Sith motorcycle/three wheeler with flame exhaust, chains, skulls and a bass canon fit to shake the decks on fleet?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZqzYdK_xzs

What.

nonentity fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 29, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Can I get one in red?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

can you make it so that the hologram changes color depending on your alignment? neutral would be white of course.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Funny, everyone says IA has the best story, but apart from act 2 I thought it was boring as hell. I like the Commando story best so far. Certainly the best companions by far.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Lordshmee posted:

Funny, everyone says IA has the best story, but apart from act 2 I thought it was boring as hell. I like the Commando story best so far. Certainly the best companions by far.

I gotta say that is an exquisitely unpopular opinion.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Lordshmee posted:

I'll grant that the last sentence has some truth but :chloe:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

look, someone has to be wrong for people to be right

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lordshmee posted:

My opinion of the trooper story:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mxcvR676ZMY&t=1m50s

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

New cantina code for a free mount.

NYCANTINA17

Korrealis Viceroy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only reason to play SWTOR anymore is to grind for pets and mounts.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I said come in! posted:

The only reason to play SWTOR anymore is to grind for pets and mounts.

I misread this as a Morally Inept post at first

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's missing dress-up, anyway.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
New roadmap is up.

quote:

In our most recent Crisis on Umbara update (Game Update 5.4), players faced a deadly decision for your Alliance as you were forced to track down a traitor in your midst! There’s been lots of speculation about why this has happened, why anyone would betray the Alliance, and how we could allow such a horrible situation to occur. We know how impactful this has been on you, so perhaps knowing the story transitions to the Chiss on the planet Copero will give you a bit of insight as to what may happen on November 28 in A Traitor Among the Chiss (Game Update 5.6)! Although I won’t reveal where things are going after that, I can confirm that the thrilling conclusion to this chapter of the story is coming early next year… on a planet you probably wouldn’t expect to return to.

We know Companions make this game feel totally different while pulling on your emotions and making conversations exciting, frustrating, and extremely entertaining. We’ve given you the ability to customize many of them including Theron, Lana, Shae, Koth, and Senya, while at the same time changed how some interact with you. We continue to discuss ways of reintroducing you to your original Companions and will be returning several of them over the coming months. As we did with Crew Skill Missions, we’ll look to improve how you gain Influence with your Companions to increase their overall effectiveness.

We're going to be going back to Makeb, aren't we? Or maybe Quesh.

Oh, and:

quote:

Unlock new achievements when you complete multiplayer activities using Group Finder and earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion!

So we get the other DvL comp anyway as expected.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 2, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm pretty excited about Server Merges. I play with some people on Shadowlands so it'll be nice to only have one group.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm pretty excited about Server Merges. I play with some people on Shadowlands so it'll be nice to only have one group.

West coast best coast. :smug:

quote:

Legacy Perk – For each character that reaches Command Rank 300, we will automatically add an additional 25% bonus CXP to your entire Legacy up to a maximum of 100%. You do need to purchase the initial 25% perk, but the additional 75% will be free. And, YES, this Perk is retroactive, so you will immediately benefit once we deliver United Forces Foundation.

Also with A Traitor Among the Chiss, we’re changing how Disintegrate works – instead of receiving more CXP, we will provide you with Unassembled Components for armor and weapons. In addition, you can send those components to any character in your Legacy as we’re changing these to be Legacy-bound consumables.

My idea was to add UC's to Heroics but this works too. I think I've got 8 Rank 300 chars at this point and a few I don't want to PvP on are stuck on the 248 grind. This also helps my 4 full-248-in-every-spec chars who have been maxed on UC's for awhile.

Looks like quite a few good changes.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Aleth posted:

We're going to be going back to Makeb, aren't we? Or maybe Quesh.

It'll be Hoth.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah honestly I think they should have just merged all US servers. Although it'll be interesting to see if all the East Coast players on Harbinger start coming back.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Gasoline posted:

It'll be Hoth.

:shepicide:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Does anyone still play this? I have half a mind to jump back in and have some fun, but I don't know any goons that play and all the server pops seem kind of dead.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Read the United Forces faq. Sounds to me like it will be a combo cross server/ faction queue, which would be nice.

Hopefully the person who has Cranraspberry on JC is one of the people who hasn't played in forever, so they will lose it when the servers merge. I think someone has Cranapple there too. The bastard/s.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Does anyone still play this? I have half a mind to jump back in and have some fun, but I don't know any goons that play and all the server pops seem kind of dead.

You can pick population on Harbinger or goons on Jedi Covenant, not both.

CeeCee posted:

Read the United Forces faq.

Neat I didn't notice the cross-server bit...I look forward to seeing anyone with a Goon tag in Warzones.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wait I missed cross server. Really?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Wait I missed cross server. Really?

quote:

To deliver these benefits together in one update we will connect multiple servers in each region together, uniting players across the galaxy. By joining servers as United Forces, grouping becomes easy and queues for your favorite Flashpoints, Uprisings, Missions, Warzones, Arenas, Galactic Starfighter, and Operations should be much faster.

Here. It kind of sounds like it...or they could be talking about the merging of existing servers. Rereading it it sounds like the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Here. It kind of sounds like it...or they could be talking about the merging of existing servers. Rereading it it sounds like the latter.

Oh yeah I read that as merging the servers into one new one.

• Locked thread