Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

TMMadman posted:

God, gently caress the news and the White House and everything else for just refusing to just label this as terrorism.

They just said 'We need to know his motives before it's determined if it's terrorism' and that is complete loving bullshit. What other motive is there besides wanting to cause terror and fear in people when you decide to set up a gunners nest in a hotel and open fire on a large group of people?

getting a stiffy from murdering people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kijpcUv-b8M

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
doesn't terrorism require a political objective or goal

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

God, gently caress the news and the White House and everything else for just refusing to just label this as terrorism.

They just said 'We need to know his motives before it's determined if it's terrorism' and that is complete loving bullshit. What other motive is there besides wanting to cause terror and fear in people when you decide to set up a gunners nest in a hotel and open fire on a large group of people?

no, you really do need to have a political motive for it to be terrorism, just wanting people to cower before your godly power does not meet the definition

given that he had explosives, it does seem probable there is a political motive here, but i haven't seen anything reported yet to make it certain

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phi230 posted:

yes

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Phi230 posted:

political terrorism does.

plain 'ol run of the mill terrorizing folk is still terrorisms tho

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/915002304234999809

This loving bitch.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

but doesn't terrorism need a political objective or goal

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sesame Street went too far when they went to cable.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TMMadman posted:

"My life is boring, everything sucks. I'm very rich and its bullshit that I can't actually really do what is physically possible on this planet because of stupid things like laws. I make this my last indulgence on earth, having concluded every business, this is my final richman bucket list. Since they are too busy decoruming into oblivion, eh gently caress it, yolo *loads automatic*"

Rich people are the true :matters: because they have the privilege to handwave it away, it's all a game to them. They do it by choice. Our version of :matters: is resignation.

Phi230 posted:

No, it requires mass hysteria from an act of violence. It doesn't matter what your motives are, even if you are bored rich white man indulging in his final wish. That alone is a belief.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

terrorism is a dumb word

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
This event reminds me of that copilot that flew a plane into a mountain . Some day someone figures out a way to go out and take a lot of people with them and does it.

And now it's warping and breaking the fiber of our magical realism world where everything has to be a part of some grand narrative.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

*record scratch*

actually, I did

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love the top comment to the original post that says how he should get his own jersey. because hey he's black and blacks love sports right.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

political terrorism does.

plain 'ol run of the mill terrorizing folk is still terrorisms tho

I think that's called disturbed individual or just crazy.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Phi230 posted:

They should have clapped...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
heres a really simple guide

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Nichael posted:

terrorism is a dumb word

If you say it over and over it loses all meaning

Terrorism
Terrism
Trism
Buttigieg

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
if you take away the political connotation from the word "terrorism", it loses its only important meaning and makes it impossible to determine whether any act of violence is terrorism or not

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lastgirl posted:

"My life is boring, everything sucks. I'm very rich and its bullshit that I can't actually really do what is physically possible on this planet because of stupid things like laws. I make this my last indulgence on earth, having concluded every business, this is my final richman bucket list. Since they are too busy decoruming into oblivion, eh gently caress it, yolo *loads automatic*"

Rich people are the true :matters: because they have the privilege to handwave it away, it's all a game to them. They do it by choice. Our version of :matters: is resignation.

No, it requires mass hysteria from an act of violence. It doesn't matter what your motives are, even if you are bored rich white man indulging in his final wish. That alone is a belief.

I just don't think that's a compelling motive. I can't believe someone would go and do that because they were rich and bored.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

bump_fn posted:

heres a really simple guide

Larry David decide between two things .gif

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

speng31b posted:

If you say it over and over it loses all meaning

Terrorism
Terrism
Trism
Buttigieg

:tinfoil:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/914697490611437568

pro watch, for real

wait for the "he came in my face" part, it rules

So the whole point is just trying to own libs, but he always ends up getting owned...he's just an annoying white supremacist masochist?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vladimir Putin posted:

I just don't think that's a compelling motive. I can't believe someone would go and do that because they were rich and bored.

yer riight, he had cancer

there, he's humanized

a motive people can decorum and fathom, and lodge it with the other categorization

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Here's Dana Loesch, who wants to join us in adulating this heroic black kid who took a bullet from a loving gun nut, advocating for fighting back against the journalists and black people by buying guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOfLjGg5gP0

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like how Vic Berger's videos have gradually gotten less and less edited as reality became a cartoon.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

no, you really do need to have a political motive for it to be terrorism, just wanting people to cower before your godly power does not meet the definition

given that he had explosives, it does seem probable there is a political motive here, but i haven't seen anything reported yet to make it certain

I completely disagree.

The man is a flat out terrorist, although we don't know his particular motivation for causing terror, maybe it was just for the sheer joy of it. A suicide bomber in the Middle East is a terrorist whose motivation is claimed to be political. However, as far as I'm concerned, if you want to be political then you shouldn't be targeting innocent people to try and prove a point.

As far as I am concerned, the two are identical regardless of their motivations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Consummate Professional posted:

Larry David decide between two things .gif

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

Here's Dana Loesch, who wants to join us in adulating this heroic black kid who took a bullet from a loving gun nut, advocating for fighting back against the journalists and black people by buying guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOfLjGg5gP0

i still can't believe this video is real lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

thank you friend

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
white people cant be terrorists bing bong so simple

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Bored of life and wanted to hunt people on his way out?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

Terrorism, in its broadest sense, describes the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror, or fear, to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim.[1]

hmmmm

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nichael posted:

I like how Vic Berger's videos have gradually gotten less and less edited as reality became a cartoon.

Jeb! is a BIG FAT MESS

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dana loesch is 9 blinking lights away from giving you Command and Conquer mission briefings

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
He needs to have a motive, pleaded a person, writing his headcanon about Stephen Paddock

everything is jest a story, this life is just a story

its all a dream

take me to neverland :qq:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i came here to shitpost and debate semantics

and im all out of poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Evil_Greven posted:

Bored of life and wanted to hunt people on his way out?

I thought for a while the number 1 attraction in vegas outside the strip was going to shoot big rear end guns in the desert

• Locked thread