Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Heffer posted:

The National Strategic Prayer Reserve is running dangerously low.

What is the warmest condolence to prayer ratio these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Catastrophe posted:

lol can you imagine Donald Trump trying to shoot at a range? I feel like he'd dangerously and clumsily violate every rule within the first 15 seconds, accidentally shoot a round into the floor, and then do his dismissive shuffle away while mumbling nonsense.

"Flagging more like FEL-agging am I right Pencey-boy? You know like suckin on the ding dong? Ahh you're no fun Mike. Look here, so called *fingerquotes* INSTRUCTOR here is my Safety *Blackhawk Down flexy-finger*, don't be a baby they're not even big bullet wounds but because you are being a Nasty baby about it I'm gonna sue you AND tweet about you, you Nasty Baby who jumped in front of me #MAGA TRUMP OUT"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Most Americans have a 6" - 18" layer of adipose tissue encasing their organs so AP bullets are pretty necessary imo.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

If you want to shoot guns for sport, why can't you just use ear protection like people do in every other country on earth? Seriously, guns are dangerous tools you take out for very special occasions. Turning them into tacticool toys is partly what's driving this weird, deranged fetishisation of firearms. I mean, nobody ever tried to gently caress an ugly hunting rifle or a .38 revolver. It's always the tacticool AR-15 with silencer, a grenade launcher and pocket calculator attachments, that people get their dick stuck in.

I don't want to continue this derail for much longer but I do have an honest answer. If it quiets it down enough that you don't need hearing protection while outdoors, then you don't also have to deal with the downside of wearing hearing protection: You can't hear anything else either. That could be useful for hearing noises while hunting, hearing a friend you're hunting with who's speaking with you, not startling as many animals with a shot, etc.

But they are super not required. I'm just saying I can see benefits immediately. I can also see the downsides. Just saying they aren't only made for people who want to play Mission Impossible assassin in their free time.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I hope Geary Danley sues the poo poo out of the right wing website that has loving White House press credentials

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I think trump is playing the long game where eventually the piss tape won't be the most embarrassing thing on his record

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

I think trump is playing the long game where eventually the piss tape won't be the most embarrassing thing on his record

he could just whip out his cock and piss on the press and then release the tape and say "see that bed? thats YOU"

*throws up devil horns*

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

Have the thoughts and prayers arrived yet?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

lmao that makes me want to start showing up to disasters with an empty cardboard box that says THOUGHTS & PRAYERS on the side and go around asking first responders where they need them

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i heard trump on the radio talking about candles or lights or something and wow your president is loving awful lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Pissflaps posted:

i heard trump on the radio talking about candles or lights or something and wow your president is loving awful lol

You are not incorrect, please feel free to join the peanut gallery lol

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Burt Sexual posted:

Aren’t hollow points the best for home defense/drop him where he stands stuff?

I always heard it was Glasers.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

Have the thoughts and prayers arrived yet?

Due to governmental mismanagement they're all stuck at the san pablo docks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jel Shaker posted:

he's gotta get in front of this thing and make us a homegrown, none of this russian VHS potato bullshit

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The shocking twist is that Trump was holding the camera and it was Ted Cruz getting peed on

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Kak posted:

I'm living in the alternate timeline where Biff stole the sports almanac. There is no way the last two years would have happened in the regular one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh wow

https://twitter.com/katemather/status/914980381459308544

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Obsidianheart posted:

I always heard it was Glasers.

Idk what that is. Will it fit in my 9mm?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

hseroK divaD posted:

idk man, this looks awesome

i want a gun now

My friend has a story about one of her relatives, an uncle I think, who was a southern (southern Illinois, which is basically the south) good old boy. He said he was on his porch out in the country one night, when a big black triangular UFO slowly moved overhead. So he did what came naturally to a country man, he went inside, got a hunting rifle, came back out and started shooting at it. After a few shots, a sliver of light appeared, a door opened up, and in clear American English, a voice called out: "Stop shooting, you stupid motherfucker!"

And the UFO silently moved on.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Burt Sexual posted:

Idk what that is. Will it fit in my 9mm?

It's like a hollowpoint filled with birdshot. It was designed for use on airplanes to shoot hijackers without puncturing the hull. You can buy a box of 9mm for about $30, I think? Super-lovely if you're shooting more than 30 feet away or at someone behind cover more robust than a couch.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

An armed society is a polite society *gets skull misted by 17 rifles lashed together in the shape of a dick and balls*

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Trump Administration is supporting the new (& awful) anti-abortion law in Congress that bans abortions after 20 weeks.

Vote is tomorrow in the House.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Back on subject, slightly. Imagine Trump being at a firing range again when someone walks in with a gun that's significantly larger than his. How long until the 4 day Twitter meltdown happens? Bonus lol if he asks to try it out but his stubby Vienna sausage fingers are too small to reach the trigger.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kumo posted:

Trump Administration is supporting the new (& awful) anti-abortion law in Congress that bans abortions after 20 weeks.

STATE'S RIGHTS!!!!!! oh wai

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FuturePastNow posted:

a door opened up, and in clear American English, a voice called out: "Stop shooting, you stupid motherfucker!"

Me at every red light tbh.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Kumo posted:

Doesn't this run directly contrary to the Roe v Wade decision (abortion legal specifically up to the point of viability)? Can congress pass laws that are incongruent with supreme court decisions?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yeah I was not expecting ammonium nitrate levels of ennui there, I'm gonna 86 my drunken rich guy deciding to throw it all away on a whim idea.

You should post this in the Vegas thread lol

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 3, 2017

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Devils Affricate posted:

Doesn't this run directly contrary to the Roe v Wade decision (abortion legal specifically up to the point of viability)? Can congress pass laws that are incongruent with supreme court decisions?

Short answer: yes.

Roe v. Wade isn't the controlling case, not really anyway. Planned Parenthood v. Casey is what created the framework for our modern understanding of abortion jurisprudence (along with other cases).

Congress has broad purview to pass legislation and has passed anti-abortion laws in the past.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Carhart

And it depends by what you mean by "incongruent". Much of this is tinged with emotion & political inclinations, so incongruency becomes a matter of opinion.

If passed, it will likely be cause lawsuits which may lead to a Supreme Court case, which may be the point- trying to get abortions made illegal again.

Kumo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 3, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile on other side

:lol:

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/914770094487670784

64% poll on Yes

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Maybe Trump can hand a belated win to Big Luther by putting Roy Moore up for the next Supreme Court opening.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

The lol here is that this isn't a vote or referendum, it's a non binding postal survey because our government is poo poo and any positive result will get no significant response.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

lotsa lols here, fellas. get em while you can

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

This is straight up my alloley thank you for these.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

This is a big, perhaps... bigly, lol. That's maga!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

An armed society is a polite society *gets skull misted by 17 rifles lashed together in the shape of a dick and balls*

An armed society is a polite society *entire loving white wedding gets turned to swiss cheese because a firecracker went off*

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

:stonklol:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

lol they can't comprehend an old rich white guy shooting up a concert

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Powershift posted:

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the NRA is funded by the russian government to destabilize the United States.

DING DING DING DING DING

Let's see what he won, Bob!

Donald J. Trump is the President of the Russian United States!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Why won't imgur let me see the full size image on mobile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

tangy yet delightful posted:

Why won't imgur let me see the full size image on mobile?

because they don't want you to break your device in a fit of rage