Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Imagine being bad enough at Destiny 2 that you take 16+ hours to do a raid when most people doing it blind take like 4-6 hours max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Help Im Alive posted:

You'd better pray detective Mackenzie doesn't decide to investigate emulation crimes

Who needs her when we got a fuckin' Sherlock Holmes right here

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

at this point i just want them to come back to rerelease guardian heroes and radiant silvergun on pc cause those games are hard as gently caress to emulate

i almost finished a route of guardian heroes on a saturn emulator once and then the game froze
I was happy when it came out on 360, thinking it was a way more accessible way to get to that game... now I don't want to hook up my 360 anymore

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Colonel posted:

it sucks that sin & punishment 2 is like the last thing treasure released before basically dying, and even around then it's kind of surprising how good it was for how much they'd dried up since the early ps2 era. you've got like six years of gently caress-all after that and they haven't done anything since the pc port of ikaruga
S&P2 is good but man. MAN. That is a hard video game. I never dead beat it a second time with the other character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only shmup I've ever 1CC'd is s&p1 but it's pretty easy so it's not much of an accomplishment. I suck at shmup s

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sin & punishment 1 is easy but it's also an older treasure game so it's insanely bizarre and inventive and every other minute it seamlessly shifts into you doing even more crazy poo poo so it's ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah I didn't want to detract from sp1. Hell of a game

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Nobody can say that Lost Izalith is good, even ironically. Its just not possible.

It was conceptually cool, and visually cool from a distance...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Moon Monster posted:

It was conceptually cool, and visually cool from a distance...

The horde of dragon butts was not cool but the central area was kinda cool, especially when you realized that it really was inside that giant thing you saw

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The horde of dragon butts was hilarious and the area was really bad.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Maybe one of these days I'll get further than the tower knight in Demon's Souls. It's keeping me from playing every other Souls game.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just liked the concept of the birthplace of demons being a giant molten Angkor Wat deep beneath the earth. Too bad about that level design, and the cavalcade of lovely bosses, each shittier than the last.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Maybe one of these days I'll get further than the tower knight in Demon's Souls. It's keeping me from playing every other Souls game.

tower knight is badass as a really easy boss that i just barely scraped through after running out of resources and only just barely figuring out how to beat him

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Like most challenges in Demon's Souls, I'm pretty sure I killed the tower knight with thousands of arrows

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/KirbyFacts/status/901780675401011201

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirby fact

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have a question for you guys who know all the kirby facts...

Just what makes Meta Knight so meta????

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's meta because he's a kirby under the mask

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

His name is actually Metak Night and people have just been getting his name wrong for 25 years

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

His name is borb

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

every time i see you post it makes me want to play chrono cross

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
kirby fact

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's what Kirby'd look like if he swallowed me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JIfxSaMmgI

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

tower knight is badass as a really easy boss that i just barely scraped through after running out of resources and only just barely figuring out how to beat him

That was basically my experience. Took me about 30 minutes running around his arena dodging ghost spears until I built up the courage to try hacking at him.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCZ45edqMuQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

every time i see you post it makes me want to play chrono cross

i'm sorry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lol
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/915049297221160960

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Well he's right. You can't live without a spinal cord. I love that dumb game.

Harvester in case anyone was wondering.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I got Splasher because it just came out on PSN last week. It''s really god drat good and I'm surprised more people don't talk about it. Maybe it really falls apart further in

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Watching the final fight of Mario + Rabbids make me realize how loving absurd Bowser fights have gotten over the years.

This looks like some Final Fantasy poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching the final fight of Mario + Rabbids make me realize how loving absurd Bowser fights have gotten over the years.

Look up the final fight to Bowser's Inside Story.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Bowser owns, my friend.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well he's definitely come a long way since just lazily breathing fire at you.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

I got Splasher because it just came out on PSN last week. It''s really god drat good and I'm surprised more people don't talk about it. Maybe it really falls apart further in
I only played a small preview beta in 2016 but it was very good. It's by the designer of Rayman Legends so naturally the level design and mechanics are fantastic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched Jason and the Argonauts too many times as a kid so my go to response for any large dude is to start hacking away at the heels.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

glam rock hamhock posted:

There was a run of it at SGDQ this year. It was a good run and the running managed to be informative and even entertaining, despite his co-commentators apparently ditching on him.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Look up the final fight to Bowser's Inside Story.

Yoko Shimomura getting her Final Fantasy on.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

I only played a small preview beta in 2016 but it was very good. It's by the designer of Rayman Legends so naturally the level design and mechanics are fantastic

Yeah, it has that smooth modern Rayman feel. So far it seems like the perfect mix of Meat Boy, the paint part of Portal 2, with some Splatoon in they're as well. The worst thing about it is it looks like a Newgrounds game but that's pretty easy to get over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can't stop playing Heat Signature. I did my first Stronghold mission that was full of sentry turrets and guards with shields. There was no way I was going to be able to handle it with violence, so I meditated on it for a bit and wound up taking a kit focused on speed and stealth, with a key cloner and subverter for breaking locks and a sidewinder (teleport within a radius so long as the path isn't blocked by a door) for emergencies. I wound up triggering the alarm about halfway through but I was able to juggle my equipment to keep me moving at high speed and half-invisible through to the cockpit. Then it was a simple matter of setting the ship on a collision course with the Stronghold and using the last eight seconds (an eternity when you have two slipstreams running in your pocket) to loot the last two chests before blasting open a window and being sucked into the cold embrace of space where I could remotely control my pod to pick me up so I could follow the craft and watch my handiwork.

The game really shines when it puts you up against a tough scenario. You can have a character who's decked out in enough gear to trivialize almost anything, but that person stopes contributing towards your overall progression pretty quickly so you're constantly incentivized to retire them and let some new blood play the hero.

• Locked thread