Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

euphronius posted:

It's unarguable

That's a quitters attitude. You'd make a terrible republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

King Possum III posted:

"The Puerto Rican Resistance"

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz accused Trump of 'poor leadership.' She complained about a lack of aid to her hurricane-swept country of Puerto Rico as she stood in front of palettes of aid. Apparently she wants President Trump to deliver water bottles Puerto Ricans personally. Maybe he can spoon feed the mayor while he's there, too.

The smoking gun is the fact that the Puerto Rican Truckers union is sabotaging the Hurricane Maria relief effort. The Union is not allowing the truck drivers to move containers from the Port of San Juan and the US aid cannot reach the people. The problem is not Federal- it is local distribution.

The Hillary-supporting Cruz praised FEMA for their work just days before bashing the president. When it comes to Trump, she just couldn't resist resisting him. It's just another example of the Democrats and the legacy media attacking Trump no matter what he does. Trump Derangement Syndrome continues to be an epidemic among the left.

—Ben Garrison

Only registered members can see post attachments!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jurgan posted:

The one silver lining would be if this disaster raised people's sympathy to the point of granting them statehood, but I don't expect it.

On the contrary, I have a feeling there's going to be a hard push against PR statehood in the near future :smith:

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

Jurgan posted:

"The silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload/
And nobody's gonna go to school today, she's gonna make them stay at home."

Not from the killer's POV.

The killer in that song was a girl.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe I never thought of "Yes we Klan"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Yes, I know that. But the song says "she" and "her" rather than "I" and "me." Hence, it's a song from the point of view of someone who knows the girl, not the girl herself.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wow that owns

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Someone replace that bowl of whatever with a trophy tia

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Are Trump fans latching onto some talking point that Puerto Rico isn't a US territory and puertorriqueños aren't American citizens? Like, this has to be intentional or something.

They had a vote for independence at one point in their history so they should all die.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

They had a vote for independence at one point in their history so they should all die.

Wait wait wait, the people who keep waving the traitor flag are criticizing literally anyone else for seeking independence?

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

Jurgan posted:

Yes, I know that. But the song says "she" and "her" rather than "I" and "me." Hence, it's a song from the point of view of someone who knows the girl, not the girl herself.

Yeah, I realized that after making my post. I make bad decisions on Mondays.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

Wait wait wait, the people who keep waving the traitor flag are criticizing literally anyone else for seeking independence?

The original wavers of that traitor flag wanted Puerto Rico for their own, along with Cuba and a lot of the rest of the Caribbean and Latin America which they hoped to build into a great, white-ruled slave empire.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

Every now and again I have to remind myself that the pants donkey comic was a legitimate drawing and not a thread edit. It's just so perfect.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Newfie posted:

Every now and again I have to remind myself that the pants donkey comic was a legitimate drawing and not a thread edit. It's just so perfect.
Was the song too? I forget.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Was the song too? I forget.
It's a meme from a failed American Idol contestant at the time.

I haven't actually heard it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
In this next comic Zelda is kicked out.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The original wavers of that traitor flag wanted Puerto Rico for their own, along with Cuba and a lot of the rest of the Caribbean and Latin America which they hoped to build into a great, white-ruled slave empire.

Did it occur to literally any of these fucks that Spain may have a bit of a problem with that?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pants Donkey posted:

I haven't actually heard it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc&t=32s

You only have to waste like five seconds watching if that 0:32 timestamp kicks in properly.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fulchrum posted:

Did it occur to literally any of these fucks that Spain may have a bit of a problem with that?

They generally thought either they could buy the land off Spain, or that the slaveowning classes of those territories would be amenable to joining their hypothetical country because the "Golden Circle" would have had more interest in protecting slavery than Spain did.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Fulchrum posted:

I'm pretty sure these guys thought that the war with the North was gonna be short and full of glory. They were not great long-term planners.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I still hate everyone in this strip. It is bad and should not be posted.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

For more info on this line of thought, check out This Vast Southern Empire.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Duly noted.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is the boyfriend in it intentionally drawn to look like a twilight vampire or do norwegian(?) men really look like that

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good for you.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Shut the gently caress up, nobody cares.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I think Zelda is going to deserve whatever happens next. But isn't that guy still in an open relationship with another person?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh go gently caress yourself with a cactus.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

In the words of Abraham Lincoln, I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Between this and Garrison's cartoon, it's like they're trying to make up the awfulness deficit left by Branco's vacation.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Disturbing that Zelda gets more daily whining than DbD ever got. Sick sick people in this thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Obviously the only solution is to bring back DbD

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pants Donkey posted:

Disturbing that Zelda gets more daily whining than DbD ever got. Sick sick people in this thread.

DbD was terrible but was also obviously a political cartoon and the walls of text within it were made of right-wing word salad instead of boring self-absorbed people talking about nothing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao this fuckin rules, just :discourse:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

SirSamVimes posted:

Obviously the only solution is to bring back DbD

The word salad is the same, but it's like 90% traced tits now, so I don't think it would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DbD was terrible but was also obviously a political cartoon and the walls of text within it were made of right-wing word salad instead of boring self-absorbed people talking about nothing.

But enough about this thread.

• Locked thread