Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Exinos posted:

The /r/dereksmart posters are magically retarded.

6 years in development and literally nothing works like it should. The patcher is a disaster, the game is an unplayable crash fest that runs at sub 30 fps on a pc that costs several thousand dollars.

CIG can not even get their nightmare mess of spaghetti code stable enough to release any new content in over 9 months yet they're somehow assuredly responsible for the major updates in Lumberyard.

Stop spread FUD. Everything is fine :colbert:

Baxta posted:

Has AWS ever formally announced or acknowledged a "Partnership" with Star Citizen?

Why do these people think that Star Citizen is some joint venture between SC and AWS?!

:laffo: Of course not. It's all DREAMS and poo poo they made up in their head.

See the list of companies on this page? They're licensees. Not partners. Not joint venture.

Ho Lee poo poo! Those statements he made in the stream. He may as well go over to LA and give Chris a blowjob. Dayum.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
how do i save if i only have one plus button

do i need wiimotes?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

VideoGames posted:

We have no way of knowing who is buying avatars.
The system is not set up to log and record that sort of thing.

I see. Well since it's inherently offensive, you guys should remove and reset it to the default. I shouldn't have to pay to remove offensive content. Would you agree?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Wiz posted:

You're in luck, friend. With our new deskeletonization backer package, all your physical needs will disappear, and you can play space games forever.

btw, where are all the auto build, auto event clicking, auto agreement denying functions? You get bombarded with stuff if you play a megamap.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

I see. Well since it's inherently offensive, you guys should remove and reset it to the default. I shouldn't have to pay to remove offensive content. Would you agree?

You'd think someone who built this place with his bare hands would know how it works.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

zcrow posted:

It's true. When I had one of my screens in portrait, I'd usually have python on it. People regularly commented on my apparently immense intelligence. Especially the girls. They definitely dig a portrait screen.

This made me put one of my screens on portrait.
I often have Python or some XML file on it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

how do i save if i only have one plus button

do i need wiimotes?

I'm surprised you don't already have them, they're essential for that Chris Roberts mini-game filled party game about Star Citizen development called Vapour-Ware. For Derek's game you want the Twister Mat.

D_Smart posted:

Derek, it's us. We're the offensive content. All of us. And most of us paid 10 bucks to be here.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

D_Smart posted:

ps: Wait! we're on the avatar war thing again. Also, I hope that person who bought that and called me a Nazi, gets a sixer.

The way I read it it looks like it is calling anyone who disagrees with you a nazi.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I'm surprised you don't already have them, they're essential for that Chris Roberts mini-game filled party game about Star Citizen development called Vapour-Ware. For Derek's game you want the Twister Mat.

Derek, it's us. We're the offensive content. All of us. And most of us paid 10 bucks to be here.

True. But since I got a sixer for just saying "loving Nazis, man", as a closing comment, without actually calling anyone that, it seems to me that someone then putting it in my avatar should have consequences.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Facebook Aunt posted:

The way I read it it looks like it is calling anyone who disagrees with you a nazi.

Yes, that's how I read it too. But if you see my previous comment, you will see the point I was trying to make.

----------------

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

lmao

christ you're an idiot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just lol if you use the block list for anything except when people decide to make threads literally unreadable with giant walls of blank posts.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

True. But since I got a sixer for just saying "loving Nazis, man", as a closing comment, without actually calling anyone that, it seems to me that someone then putting it in my avatar should have consequences.

Yeah just perma Derek. He's the ultimate drama queen and he's going to act out forever now that his name was removed from the subforum.

He's really not worth it - he steals the actual news/rumors from The_Agent and the insightful commentary from G0RF.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Imagine the ***OFFICIAL STATEMENT*** after an eleven year probation :allears:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

D_Smart posted:

In the case of an avatar that is NSFW and graphic (like nudity or gore) then yes, we would change it.

Red texts are a staple of this forum and if someone has spent $10 to change it to that, either the poster has to endure it or pay half that to change it back. It's been a tradition as long as I can remember.

If it makes you feel better, I've also had my avatar randomly changed by other users, so there is no one beyond having this done to them.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

D1E posted:

Yeah just perma Derek. He's the ultimate drama queen and he's going to act out forever now that his name was removed from the subforum.

He's really not worth it - he steals the actual news/rumors from The_Agent and the insightful commentary from G0RF.

The most compelling argument hidden in the subtext here is that D1E would also have nothing to post about once Derek was gone and would either be reborn as a brilliant phoenix of posting or just plain gently caress off.

D_Smart posted:

I guess they do nazi it the same way you do.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Somewhere at a law office a red phone rings. The entire team scrambles.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Rugganovich posted:

No.
The old rule of thumb of 1/8th output impedance to headphone rule.
So as long as your amp can output 31.25 Ω, you're golden.

What means this?????

So I have one of those Objective2 amps. Not the jdlabs one but they're all the same, on their page it says :

quote:

LOW OUTPUT IMPEDANCE

Objective2's extremely low output impedance ensures transparent frequency response for all headphone loads.

So low impedance is good (or bad)??

Or maybe you want as low as possible but within 1/8th?

On the tech specs bit (https://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/) it says "Output Impedance 0.54 ohms".

So I can only drive a 4 ohm headphone?

The headphones I have (ATH-40X) are 35 ohms it seems. :confused:

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

big nipples big life posted:

You'd think someone who built this place with his bare hands would know how it works.

You cant handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has games, and those have to be guarded by men with forums accounts. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant Beet Wagon? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the goons, and you curse the Battlecruiser devs. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my refund, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about parties; you want me on that forum, you need me on that forum! We use words like parp, stimpire, refactoring, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent making fun of something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very signal-boost that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a twitter account, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a drat, what you think you are entitled to!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

VideoGames posted:

In the case of an avatar that is NSFW and graphic (like nudity or gore) then yes, we would change it.

Red texts are a staple of this forum and if someone has spent $10 to change it to that, either the poster has to endure it or pay half that to change it back. It's been a tradition as long as I can remember.

If it makes you feel better, I've also had my avatar randomly changed by other users, so there is no one beyond having this done to them.

To add to this slightly, in many cases having made someone mad enough to redtext you can be seen as a victory, of sorts. Derek if you're truly offended that your av text has the word "Nazi" in it, you have the opportunity to change it whenever you want.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Polish Avenger posted:

You cant handle the truth! Son we live in a world that has games, and those have to be guarded by men with forums accounts. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant Beet Wagon? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the goons, and you curse the Battlecruiser devs. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my refund, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about parties; you want me on that forum, you need me on that forum! We use words like parp, stimpire, refactoring, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent making fun of something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very signal-boost that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a twitter account, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a drat, what you think you are entitled to!

:golfclap:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

reverend crabhands posted:

What means this?????

So I have one of those Objective2 amps. Not the jdlabs one but they're all the same, on their page it says :

So low impedance is good (or bad)??

Or maybe you want as low as possible but within 1/8th?

On the tech specs bit (https://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/) it says "Output Impedance 0.54 ohms".

So I can only drive a 4 ohm headphone?

The headphones I have (ATH-40X) are 35 ohms it seems. :confused:

I use 600 ohms DT990s, so it doesnt really matter. If i activate the 6.5x gain button i can use my headphones as speakers :D.

The O2+Amp can drive anything.

I guess you should use the rule if you dont have a powerful DAC with an amp. Like an usb amp for a amsrtphone or so (the basic principle should be impedance matching, to maximise power transfer)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I guess these idiots don't really understand art unless it's a rough draft with elements ripped from other games and used to sell them things that don't and won't ever exist.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Any other blocklist buddies wanna rub?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kinda sounds like you aren't rubbing right now...

explain yourself.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Let's!

~~~~~~~LOWTAX DELENDA EST~~~~~~~

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Jobbo_Fett posted:

you guys should establish a leper colony

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm up!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:wink:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Derek angrily typing FOIA request to lowtax

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AutismVaccine posted:

you guys should establish a leper colony

We'll all stand together and rub for our fallen comrades.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Remember, changing Derek's av is literally fraud.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

FUD Buddies and Rub Buddies unite

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Calling it now; Ignorelist rub meeting releases well before Star Citizen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Variable 5 posted:

Remember, changing Derek's av is literally fraud.

Don't worry though, Derek's a manchild so expect to see his AV change back because he doesn't ACTUALLY care, guys. :rolleyes:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

rules lawyering is against the rules

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Calling it now; Ignorelist rub meeting releases well before Star Citizen

You, and everyone else on Derek's blocklist is invited.

To my basement.

For rubbing.

:pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Marquis de Frottage