Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

(brad would in fact have not uninstalled the game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
brad was so sad no one else gave a poo poo about the story lol

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Kaubocks posted:

brad said he was convinced they were about to fail "the dps check at the end" and he was "ready to uninstall the game"

so unfortunately since they beat it that means we have to experience more destiny

whenever brad says something I am these days inclined to believe the opposite

like no matter how ludicrous the opposite is I always at least consider it

klapman posted:

They just beat it and Abby let out a primal scream while Jeff wordlessly walked up to the dying boss and started punching him in the face over and over again

I would watch this clip if it gets timestamped on QLCrew

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't play Destiny, is it normal that these raids take so long? I used to raid in WoW all the time and even with groups of 25 people we only went longer than 2.5 hours if we were really pushing content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

fadam posted:

I don't play Destiny, is it normal that these raids take so long? I used to raid in WoW all the time and even with groups of 25 people we only went longer than 2.5 hours if we were really pushing content.

fadam posted:

Austin is literally just a much fatter and very slightly more blacker version of Patrick.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Don't do Austin like that

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
austin rules

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
I agree with fadam. I too cannot perceive any meaningful differences between Austin and Patrick beyond their skin color and body weights. I am retarded and have no sense of humor or intellect, you see.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jghYYWJyRCA&t=150s lmfao

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

lol

Abby was such a fantastic choice for the East team.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Last night on the Waypoint podcast, Patrick told a story about ruining his friend's Netflix queue and then chuckled about it like a lovely little kid and I think it's a perfect 2 minute summary of the kind of man Patrick is in his heart

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Shoehead posted:

Last night on the Waypoint podcast, Patrick told a story about ruining his friend's Netflix queue and then chuckled about it like a lovely little kid and I think it's a perfect 2 minute summary of the kind of man Patrick is in his heart

some pretty chilling stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I don't wanna read another drat thing about Patrick Kl*p*k except for his obituary.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do u think the giant bomb crew had fun playing the same raid for twelve hours

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do u think the giant bomb crew had fun playing the same raid for twelve hours

twenty two

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ahahahaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY6LILKEuqY&t=64s

Soral
May 30, 2009

Shoehead posted:

i think a perfect summary of the kind of poster you are is that you listen to the waypoint podcast

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

"No Way To Prevent This," Says Only Website Where This Regularly Happens

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

At least they'll always have the date remembered of their epic victory over dumbass raid boss everyone hated fighting, haha

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Hating what you do at work everyday must be what it's like to work with Patrick

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ep 500 of the bombcast opens with jeff just going down memory lane and talking about the very early start of the podcast and giantbomb and imho its worth listening to at least the start of the ep

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sir John Feelgood posted:

"No Way To Prevent This," Says Only Website Where This Regularly Happens

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Bombcast 501 has a bit where the gang decides that despite the misery of the Destiny raid they'll probably do this again when new content hits

Mario Party Party is back, baby

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Bombcast 501 has a bit where the gang decides that despite the misery of the Destiny raid they'll probably do this again when new content hits

Mario Party Party is back, baby

if we make a direct 1:1 comparison between destiny raids and mario party party, the first raid is going to be the best one for a long time

and if this first raid is the best content they got then hoo boy were in for a long ride

i don't even think playing the fifth one in front of a live audience will salvage it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The first raid was the one where we saw Jeff get a cold in real time.

This one is this, for twenty hours:

https://i.imgur.com/REcOrRP.gifv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Mario party videos were fantastic and anybody comparing them to 40 hours of destiny content needs lead in their head

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

108 hours of tedium and monotony but they got a digital tee that says I Plundered King Galaxor's Tomb so "Not that bad, actually."

Soral
May 30, 2009

Party Boat posted:

some epic brad faces in this

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Soral posted:

i think a perfect summary of the kind of poster you are is that you listen to the waypoint podcast

waypoint is good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Party Boat posted:

Inaccurate as they seem to be laughing and having a good time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that mario party clip is awesome, looks like im going to watch 22 hours of destiny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol thinking about one of the Wii mario party videos where the music for the map they played was like a 4 second loop and thy had to listen to it for 4 hours straight and they were slowly driven completely insane by it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I watched one Mario Party Party live and it was definitely boring, but that is nothing compared to the raid streams. Besides there's like 30-40 minute supercuts of all the parties and they're some of the best GB kahntent ever produced

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdD8Lqc42ss

In Training posted:

The Mario party videos were fantastic and anybody comparing them to 40 hours of destiny content needs lead in their head

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

mario party marty 1, 5, and whichever one had the extremely loud music that started over after every mini game (i think 7?) are very good videos

2 and 3 suffer from peak brad and jeff negativity imo

4 and 8-10 are pretty forgettable because i forget anything noteworthy in them

i think 6 was the chain chomp ice map which was uhhhhhhhhh woof, extremely one sided and gimmicky map, didn't enjoy it that much

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

all destiny raid videos are bad i'm glad i tuned in live to watch them beat the first wing or whatever where they got the bug where they all died over and over and over which was pretty emblematic of how i felt about the stream as a whole

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

MPP also chronicles Brad's rise to Big Boy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anything the MP videos were hampered by Jeff and Dan and Brad deciding from minute one of a 30 hour series to make the same joke over and over and over but the moments of completely accidental emotional investment more than make up for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also they did 10 Mario parties over 18 months, and they're collectively barely longer than the amount of destiny 2 videos make in the last 2 week's, before even considering how much podcast airtime is dedicated to Brad breathlessly laughing g to himself over dead air before coughing politely and saying But yeah no definitely. The shader stuff is soooo crazy. [Long pause] At least in 2, with the way engrams are allocated...[45 more minutes of destiny monologues]