Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Railgun is much better, for reasons outlined above. S3 would be bonkers and I would greatly look forward to Demon Mikoto
You mean Misaka BEST WORST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's happening!! Literally right now.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/914916504784723968

Why am I at work, this is terrible.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fujita "Surprise Vore" Yoichi

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jyushimatsu ate a woman and I'm still processing this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

Jyushimatsu ate a woman and I'm still processing this.

yeah, that sounds like him

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Dayooooooon

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
The boys are indeed, back.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Infini-T Force is off to a... not bad start. The main character is kind of annoying, but in a very mild way, and while the character models look kinda like a PS2 cutscene, the actual animation quality is a bit higher than I expect from CG anime.

I'm not super familiar with the Tatsunoko Heroes in their OG forms since I've mostly seen remakes and spin offs thereof, but I'm glad Polymar is the coolest much like how his (remake) song is

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/914975280506089472

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I don't remember my Negima having quite so much blood and dismemberment..... or nudity, for that matter, even in the Xebec version.

Still, it's kinda cool that they went back to a variant of Happy Ready Go for the theme song for UQ Holder. They sort of threw the audience straight into some manner of bizarre plot, but I'll be looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

EDIT:

Going back to the topic from the last page, I still think I prefer Index to Railgun, but I have to say the main plot of Railgun S2 Misaka Clones is the high point of the both series, with the possible exception of "Our spaceship has hidden weapons systems" from Endymion.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 3, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

I don't remember my Negima having quite so much blood and dismemberment..... or nudity, for that matter, even in the Xebec version.

Still, it's kinda cool that they went back to a variant of Happy Ready Go for the theme song for UQ Holder. They sort of threw the audience straight into some manner of bizarre plot, but I'll be looking forward to seeing where it goes from here.

EDIT:

Going back to the topic from the last page, I still think I prefer Index to Railgun, but I have to say the main plot of Railgun S2 Misaka Clones is the high point of the both series, with the possible exception of "Our spaceship has hidden weapons systems" from Endymion.

academy city is an amazing concept and stories in the index universe are only good when they focus on it. the magic stuff is very dull and cliched by contrast. when the plots go all in on the mad science not even touma with all his baggage is enough to drag them down.

i'm hoping uq holder gets heavily censored for tv. i liked the story and characters, but later on there were way too many butt nekkid little girls running around for me to tolerate.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Kytrarewn posted:

I still think I prefer Index to Railgun, but I have to say the main plot of Railgun S2 Misaka Clones is the high point of the both series, with the possible exception of "Our spaceship has hidden weapons systems" from Endymion.

That's the worst Railgun arc and Endymion was terrible in every way.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
magic side has lots of good and snooty girls like laura stuart (great in the endymion specials so i hope you didn't skip those...) and lessar and her imp tail who i should think will be showing up in s3

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Two new threads added! :toot:

quote:

Osomatsu-san 2 (Mr. Osomatsu 2)
Studio Pierrot | Fujita, Yoichi | Matsubara, Shuu | Comedy, Parody | Manga | Oct 3, 2017
The second season of Osomatsu-san.
PV
Thread

quote:

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girls' Last Tour)
White Fox | Ozaki, Takaharu | Fudeyasu, Kazuyuki | Adventure, Slice of Life | Manga | Oct 6, 2017
Civilization is dead, but Chito and Yuuri are still alive. So they hop aboard their beloved Kettenkrad motorbike and aimlessly wander the ruins of the world they once knew. Day after hopeless day, they look for their next meal and fuel for their ride. But as long as the two are together, even an existence as bleak as theirs has a ray or two of sunshine in it, whether they're sucking down their fill of soup or hunting for machine parts to tinker with. For two girls in a world full of nothing, the experiences and feelings the two share give them something to live for...
PV
Thread

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
We have an idolocalypse thread for the various idol animes, and either that or the existing Sunshine thread for Sunshine in particular.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Whoever voices the MC in black clover is absolutely awful. Such a shame, was looking forward to the show

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UnderFreddy posted:

Whoever voices the MC in black clover is absolutely awful. Such a shame, was looking forward to the show
From what I learned, it seems that the VA is an absolute newbie. Huh.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
This sort of thing is always cruel. I remember the poo poo the voice actress for Maka got with Soul Eater.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

he screams too much and the camerawork gave me a headache

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Fangz posted:

This sort of thing is always cruel. I remember the poo poo the voice actress for Maka got with Soul Eater.

She was so good tho!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

what can i say, Asta's a scream-y kind of protagonist

ps: the hell happened to your avatar, an actual dog?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't know what you're talking about, looks like the same cheerful dog as ever to me. Are you feeling okay?̗͚͈̥͕̿̈̀̂

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 3, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i quite enjoyed the new nisio isin anime, juni taisen

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

She was so good tho!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
juuni taisen's first episode owned

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Fangz posted:

Maka was great.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The first episode of Black Clover was super underwhelming. The protagonist is irritating to listen to.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cosmo321 posted:

Maka was great.
Yeah. Maka (and her VA, Chiaki Omigawa) was great. But to this day, I remain very ambivalent towards Kouki Uchiyama (Soul's VA). Like, sometimes he fits just fine, but other times it feels like he'd rather be elsewhere instead of doing voice work.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Man, I bet the owners of the annoying parrot who voices Black Clover's main character are super proud. They must have trained him for ages.

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Yeah. Maka (and her VA, Chiaki Omigawa) was great. But to this day, I remain very ambivalent towards Kouki Uchiyama (Soul's VA). Like, sometimes he fits just fine, but other times it feels like he'd rather be elsewhere instead of doing voice work.
I've enjoyed his work in most of the shows I've watched starring him, but he doesn't heighten my enjoyment of a show in the way Chiaki Omigawa does. She's rather unique and fun to listen to imo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The first episode of Juuni Taisen was entirely set up, but it was neat and cool looking so I'll stick with it for a bit

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hello, yes I would like to eat Kuga's mapo tofu now please

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The anime about drinking also came out today and it's cute and good.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nullset posted:

Man, I bet the owners of the annoying parrot who voices Black Clover's main character are super proud. They must have trained him for ages.

Apparently this is the general consensus. They could not have picked a more irritating VA to do the main character. It was a terrible decision on their part.

He sounds less energetic and rambunctious and more like someone dropped him on his head way too much as an infant.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the VA is fine, weirdoes. i do take issue with the director having him yell almost every line though

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

dogsicle posted:

the VA is fine, weirdoes. i do take issue with the director having him yell almost every line though

The VA is fine when he's talking, which is maybe 1% of the episode. The long drawn-out yell at the end of every other single bit of dialogue is ridiculous.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/10/03/saikano-and-your-name-staff-create-romance-anime-about-winter-tires

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hope it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Winter driving safety is no laughing matter.

e: wait, the Saikano guy is involved? Everyone will end up skidding into a ditch and dying then i suppose.

• Locked thread