Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It's sorta annoying when you reach a vendor legendary engram cap because since everything is at the same number you can't infuse the stuff you get to break through. So I'm stuck at 269 legendary (276 light lvl) and I cant get some of my non-exotic gear over that level b/c every engram gives me 269. If one gave me 268 though I could infuse and break out. Guess I just gotta wait for the new milestones and hope future exotics out do mine (although I love my MIDA at 288 so just hoping for better armour).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So which faction won, I didn't get a chance to check and no one's posted anything about it

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think Bungie said they would announce it at 10

So what's the blue wanna be AntiPope I wanna at least see what all the fuss is about since loving Bender will never give me one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jolo posted:

Has someone compiled the damage numbers for each grenade? The Titan grenades feel so much more satisfying to use than the Warlock grenades, but I wonder if it's just my perception of them.

It's that warlock grenades blow up once but titan ones explode constantly all the time forever and with a bigger and cooler effect.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

RBA Starblade posted:

It's that warlock grenades blow up once but titan ones explode constantly all the time forever and with a bigger and cooler effect.

This is true, both the pulse grenades and the lightning rod seem like they hit really hard. I wonder if the quick ticks from the void grenade that sits in place add up to much. It doesn't seem like it, but maybe it does. There's definitely pros and cons to the different types, obviously the Warlock seeker grenades are handy in situations because you don't even need to be accurate with them while a whiffed Titan grenade can be a total waste.

Whiffed like 5 Titan grenades between the Nightfall bosses legs last night.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

The good sh

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

Aren't the pulse grenades the same? But Titans can get two of them.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BWV posted:

It's sorta annoying when you reach a vendor legendary engram cap because since everything is at the same number you can't infuse the stuff you get to break through. So I'm stuck at 269 legendary (276 light lvl) and I cant get some of my non-exotic gear over that level b/c every engram gives me 269. If one gave me 268 though I could infuse and break out. Guess I just gotta wait for the new milestones and hope future exotics out do mine (although I love my MIDA at 288 so just hoping for better armour).
Eh? That's not how it works... Are you unaware of how legendary mods work?

Infusing with a 268 would make an item 268 or 273 if the item being infused into has a legendary mod. 269 would make 269 or 274. That's it.

If an item has a legendary mod and a level of 273 it counts as 268 when you infuse it into something else. Higher numbers are always better but the mods obfuscate the "real" number. A lower base number is never better for any purpose.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 3, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I got all the faction weapons buy wasn't able to finish any of the armor sets. Oh well next month I guess.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xim-tier click

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Akuma posted:

Aren't the pulse grenades the same? But Titans can get two of them.

Titans get two and the pulses last longer. Titan grenades are a lot better.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FishBulb posted:

So what's the blue wanna be AntiPope I wanna at least see what all the fuss is about since loving Bender will never give me one

After the 4 hour maintenance.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Akuma posted:

Eh? That's not how it works... Are you unaware of how legendary mods work?

to be honest I'm still struggling to get my head around it but I think I understand now. I gather then the only way to break through a plateau is to get higher exotics or infuse exotics into legendaries to gradually raise your un-modded level

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tei posted:

Is a geek tradition to use names from fantasy novels and myths for servers.

It would be too boring and hard to remember to call a server DTPT13, so you call it Shiva, so of course the backup server of this server gets the name Muthappan. The machine in 192.168.1.1 that do the routing, firewall, DMZ, gets the name Vishnu. The web server (where all the movies are hidden in a directory) is called Lakshmi.

What would be the alternative to "Young Wolves Alliance"? something boring and hard to remember like "Some Group of Friends from Chicago"?

My clan is called Pint Club, because we like drinking pints of beer :unsmith:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flytrap posted:

All I can hear when Devrim Kay talks is that one guy that everyone wanted to voice their poo poo on Newgrounds because he was like the only person on the site that had a general idea what acting was.

It's the same voice actor as Balthier in FF12.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad I got to last-minute do New Monarchy poo poo with my Titan since my Warlock already got the 3 great FWC guns. Initially did New Monarchy for the armors but pulled that scout rifle they have which looks loving amazing and has an absurd range. It basically shoots and looks like a Primary Sniper or something, poo poo's crazy.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This is good

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

So which faction won, I didn't get a chance to check and no one's posted anything about it

select fwc_rank,do_rank,nm_rank from players;

*figures job is done, walks off to get wasted at the bar for two hours*

"gently caress I forgot to sum the totals"

select sum(fwc_rank),sum(do_rank),sum(nm_rank) from players;

"oh poo poo I only ran that on the ps4 database? gently caress now I gotta do the xbox one"

@DeeJ: maintenance has been extended by four hours

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BWV posted:

to be honest I'm still struggling to get my head around it but I think I understand now. I gather then the only way to break through a plateau is to get higher exotics or infuse exotics into legendaries to gradually raise your un-modded level
Every week all of your characters get a handful of milestones that reward "powerful gear" - these are your primary method of levelling up. And today is reset day!

xzzy posted:

"oh poo poo I only ran that on the ps4 database? gently caress now I gotta do the xbox one"

This is literally what happens.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mikey-San posted:

checks out

*nods solemnly*

thank you, posting ally.

that was a rockin voyage and a pleasure to watch!!!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Lol

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
Hey Don Tiny Hands, Quizzleflesh - IncontintlBkfst here - good nightfall run, we would have gotten it with one more but I had to get to work...apologies for having to go.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Philippis-B

it owns, was using it on my baby titan last night.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

good vid, poomerang

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i'm hard

right

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hunters confirmed rogues of destiny

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Tumble_Skill

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Huxley posted:

It's the same voice actor as Balthier in FF12.

As much as I love Balthier, I loving can't stand Devrim Kay. It's like, was no one on Bungie's writing staff capable of looking into ways of making him British without constant references to tea? "TEA TEA TEA BECAUSE I'm a Brit you see, Tallyho good chap God Save the Queen!"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Click click click click click

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd forgive the tea thing if this guy who was billed as a crackshot sniper who would help secure the EDZ for refugees actually shot his gun once in a while. Or did anything except hide in a church tower.

The only thing he can see from his position is a courtyard before it drops off into a death cliff.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

I'd forgive the tea thing if this guy who was billed as a crackshot sniper who would help secure the EDZ for refugees actually shot his gun once in a while. Or did anything except hide in a church tower.

The only thing he can see from his position is a courtyard before it drops off into a death cliff.

He could snipe the boss of the Taken strike and save us a little dps time

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Bungie got a lot of feedback regarding how much better the characters would be received if we actually got to see them doing cool stuff. So we got to see our three Vanguard guardians use their powers once in the opening mission, then they do some stuff off screen in the last mission, and no other NPCs do anything of note throughout the campaign or in the post game.

Great job Bungie, you nailed it!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah at first it felt like a big step forwards and now it's like... Half a small step.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well, Holliday brought us a tank once. That was pretty cool.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

xzzy posted:

Well, Holliday brought us a tank once. That was pretty cool.
She shot some dudes once, too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't get a lot of the campaign design decisions. Why spend time designing the Not Scorpion for us to use in one mission once ever for example? We're not ever getting vehicles back in pvp because Esports and 4v4, and it's not like they put it anywhere else in the game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There will be a war
Wait of course there will be a war the entire universe wants us dead
Uhhh but it will be a really big war
No poo poo one of the alien species that wants us dead does nothing but engineer new ways of making things dead and has been killing all life in its path for billions of years another do nothing but war and have a ton of planet destroying engines another transcends time and space and the other is a scattered group of aliens that are outgunned and outnumbered by us and are consumed by petty infighting but they still almost completely wiped us out several times over and may gain access to a nanomachine technovirus that consumes all in its path
Yes, a big war. We're the future oyster oval office

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DrNutt posted:

no other NPCs do anything of note throughout the campaign or in the post game.

Considering that Zavala is basically a machine designed to spew neverending motivational speeches, I'd say he was VERY active throughout the entire campaign.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mango Polo posted:

Considering that Zavala is basically a machine designed to spew neverending motivational speeches, I'd say he was VERY active throughout the entire campaign.

Zavala's really bad at his job, we should probably put Shaxx in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Mango Polo posted:

Read this in a Lance Reddick voice in my head. Think I'm going to do this with all posts from now on.