Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pureauthor posted:

So then what's Bats' plan if Plastic Man goes rogue instead?

Big Barda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pureauthor posted:

Read Injustice Year 4 Annual. It's the best.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

Freezing him. Plastic man turns brittle at sub zero temperatures, so using a modified freeze ray works fine

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

McCloud posted:

Freezing him. Plastic man turns brittle at sub zero temperatures, so using a modified freeze ray works fine

That wouldn't keep him down, though. You'd have to split up all the pieces into separate glass or whatever, and there's no guarantee he can't just turn them all into glass cutters and put himself back together.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Throw him in molten metal like the t1000

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, one freeze ray and then a regular home freezer with a backup generator.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Uh, I think that DC has fridged quite enough characters, thanks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
One freeze ray and an outdoor sculpture garden at the Fortress of Solitude.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah apparently there was a story arc around 2003 when a fire powered lady somehow got J'onn to accidentally revert back to a primal Martian from before they were split into white and green, which meant apparently he was a fire based creature (alongside all his other powers) called "Fernus". He went bonkers and it took Plastic Man to defeat him, due to the shape-changing and his innate resistance to psychic ability. Afterwards, he told Supes that he was now only vulnerable to "The fires of passion" :flame::fh:

This arc also featured the league getting info from the only living being to ever kill a Red Martian: Vandal Savage.

IIRC, as he was discussing it with them, he pauses and remarks it's difficult to talk about that time with anyone, since it was before any humans possessed language and he didn't think in words.

It's a panel I thought was badass. I really like Savage, or at least the idea of him. :shobon:

Pureauthor posted:

In Tower of Babel (or whatever it was called, the event where someone steals and uses all of Batman's contingency plans), wasn't it revealed to be somehow altering his consistency so changing shapes made him crack and crumble, suffering excruciating pain?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Pureauthor posted:

Elongated Man.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's a panel I thought was badass. I really like Savage, or at least the idea of him. :shobon:

DC 1 Million had some brilliant Vandal Savage.

And one that I can't find a panel for:

Also DC 1 million posted:

:v:: I'm coming back and you're gonna pay!

:black101:: I paid for all this a long time ago; it cost me sixty barge loads of silver in the days of Thutmose.

And of course his entire final fight with Resurrection Man belongs in this thread but may be too long, I dunno.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

prefect posted:

Big Barda

Mad Magazine inspired, I expect. Also shows a creative way to hurt Plastic Man/Plastic Sam.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

DigitalRaven posted:

And of course his entire final fight with Resurrection Man belongs in this thread but may be too long, I dunno.

Do it!!!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Will pull it together in the morning. In the meantime, have some excellent Galactus monologuing from Ultimates 12.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DigitalRaven posted:

And one that I can't find a panel for:

That fight was great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DigitalRaven posted:

Will pull it together in the morning. In the meantime, have some excellent Galactus monologuing from Ultimates 12.

I really hope this is a now the status quo for Galactus. I don't think there's a lot of new stories you could have written about old Galactus (the Squirrel Girl story was definitely the last good one), he reached his peak with Hickman's Fantastic Four, and all of the old, good Galactus stories get a really interesting subtext in retrospect.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

wiegieman posted:

That wouldn't keep him down, though. You'd have to split up all the pieces into separate glass or whatever, and there's no guarantee he can't just turn them all into glass cutters and put himself back together.

It actually did. Ra's stole batmans design for a cryobomb in Tower of Babel. Worked great. Then just shatter him with an icepick. You can even keep the pieces apart and reconstitute him later on if you want (Obsidian age did just that, in fact, where he was dead for a millenia)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SiKboy posted:

Elongated Man.

Dark Knight strikes again, didn't go so well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I like to read that in Adam West's voice.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

goatface posted:

Now I'm imagining DKR as narrated by Adam West doing himself as Mayor West.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

goatface posted:

They're what's-her-name's thought-squares, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

goatface posted:

ManiacClown posted:

RIP

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Dark Knight strikes again, didn't go so well.

Batman looks like he's one of those unnamed Charlie Brown characters from the holiday specials.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doc Hawkins posted:

I've been watching the old Justice League cartoon, and the episode where Superman gets flung into the far future where Vandal Savage has wiped out all life on earth and become this zen dude who realizes he hosed up badly is really well handled.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He gets so excited when he gets a friend :3:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Samovar posted:

I'm Mr. Fantastic trying to blow up Mecha-Stalin from point-blank range with a panzerschrek.

Back in my Uni days my friends and I spent an afternoon playing either Call of Duty or Medal of Honour. And there was a bit where you were told "Take out that Half-track! Use your Panzerschrek."

We died over and over again and had to listen to that same clip on repeat. It is the very first thing I heard when I saw that panel.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

I would assume that Vandal Savage would prefer chianti:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ManiacClown posted:

One of my dream films would have been DKR with Adam West playing Batman, and just reusing old, dirty, broken versions of the old sets

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
About ten years ago somebody spent some time putting DKR dialogue over stills from the 60's tv series, I wish I'd kept them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

yaffle posted:

About ten years ago somebody spent some time putting DKR dialogue over stills from the 60's tv series, I wish I'd kept them.

They quoted some of it in Return of the Caped Crusader

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

yaffle posted:

Is that where this old thing is from?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/915924418693554176

:patriot:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Keru posted:

Is that where this old thing is from?

Reverse image search led me to a few more like that, and an excellent art by Gene Ha, and a highly relevant recording of Mr. West.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Bolt #6

Black Bolt and his ragtag crew are finally facing off against the force that's holding them in jail. They've been endlessly tortured, killed, resurrected, and tortured again many times. This is their last chance to get out. But even the overwhelming power of Black Bolt seems to be falling short. Crusher has an idea though, one that won't end well for him.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
That art is truly incredible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I feel like Steranko is floating in the heavens, smiling down at those pages.

I know he's not dead, he just probably likes to float around.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I used to think I didn't like Irving's art, but I think he's just the kind of artist where he's not a good fit for just anything, but when you get him on the right book, man oh man

E: oh. Ok well him I like then!

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 9, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Retro Futurist posted:

I used to think I didn't like Irving's art, but I think he's just the kind of artist where he's not a good fit for just anything, but when you get him on the right book, man oh man

If you're talking about the stuff I posted, that's Christian Ward. Same artist as the Ultimates pages several posts back.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
All-Star Batman #14 - A little setup required for this one: So back before the butler days, Alfred Pennyworth was chosen by some super secret underground division of MI5 called the Nemesis Program and trained to basically be a mix of Batman and Captain America and run black ops in the service of the Crown. He abandoned the program because his mentor attempted to kill Alfred's father to "take the weakness" out of Alfred. Said mentor supposedly died but has surfaced and revealed himself to be not only alive but attempting to take revenge on Alfred, which means killing and/or kidnapping Batman (presumably to later kill him) as a huge gently caress you since he knows Alfred is Batman's caretaker.

Basically I just consider it awesome any time Alfred uses a gun or beats up someone

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Isn't that saying from The Lego Batman Movie?