Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm sorry, but I don't think this got the appropriate attention. Imagine being so smug and desperate to be different that you look at your online communities and say "No, I'm not wolfkin, I'm not eaglekin, I'm not fairykin, I'm not dragonkin, I'm not spacekin. I'm Jesuskin." Which means, as far as I know, that you think you share your body with Jesus. It's tone-deaf to the core Christian tenants that Jesus sacrificed himself so that everyone can have a little of his divinity (freeing humans from the yoke of original sin) and ignores the ritual of Communion, where whole congregations symbolically ingest parts of Jesus making them all, in a small way, Jesuskin. It's like a perfect microcosm of everything I think is crazy about the *kin community and their pitiful one-upsmanship to be the most special snowflake in the webring. I hope this kid gets dunked on constantly.

Now I'm imagining a young Jesus angrily explaining to Joseph that he identifies as Godkin and that he's not going to be a stupid carpenter.

I think most christians think they share their body with Jesus, depending on how literal they are about letting him in to their heart. And christians are often very literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I think most christians think they share their body with Jesus, depending on how literal they are about letting him in to their heart. And christians are often very literal.

Sure, but I think that image is going above and beyond, saying "I have an even closer connection that you, not because of actions by you or me, but because I'm *Jesuskin*."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A lot of Christian cults are basically led by Jesuskin.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Is that where gems like this come from?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm in love with the nunchucks hanging on the door to show he's dangerous

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's one of those pictures where the longer you look at it the stupider it gets. Why are there random playing cards? What's the candle for? Why is the perspective on the ashtray so hosed up? What's with the door handle and the random single handprint? Why the skull?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Jesus always stealing my drugs. Dude has a problem.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Heath posted:

That's one of those pictures where the longer you look at it the stupider it gets. Why are there random playing cards? What's the candle for? Why is the perspective on the ashtray so hosed up? What's with the door handle and the random single handprint? Why the skull?

As a man of art, I will help you understand this image:

The playing cards are to indicate that this is a gambling man. Gambling is a sin and bad.
The candle is to show that this man needs additional lighting that is easy on the wallet because he is poor and being poor is bad.
The random handprint is not random at all. It represents our druggie friend's lack of ability to leave his addiction. He traps himself inside his apartment, which is a metaphor but also literally a shithole.
The door knob has nunchucks on it because he's hella bad rear end. (I guess being hella badass is a sin).
The skull is there to represent death with all the subtly of a fart in the mouth.
The perspective of the ashtray is hosed up because the artist is bad.

I hope this help you understa - Wait a minute ... do the cracks on the wall form some sort of lovely map of the Americas because I swear that's Alaska over Jesus' right shoulder and South America to his left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm gonna be 85 years old saying that furries are stupid and I'm gonna be on the wrong side of history huh

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

zoux posted:

I'm gonna be 85 years old saying that furries are stupid and I'm gonna be on the wrong side of history huh

Aghhh, why are the teeth so small?!?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

King of Foolians posted:

Aghhh, why are the teeth so small?!?

Because you have to fit a squeak toy in there and making the teeth bigger would block more of the sound.

That's literally why.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

The winners write the history books.

You know what to do.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

A lot of Christian cults are basically led by Jesuskin.

There's some interesting Christian leaders in early 20th century America claimed to be God. They were effectively the forerunners of what's now called prosperity gospel (because they were often real estate magnates and maintained fleets of limousines) and charismatic Christianity.

I will give you an example:

"Father Divine posted:

Father Divine (c. 1876 – September 10, 1965), also known as Reverend M. J. Divine, was an African American spiritual leader[2] from about 1907 until his death. His full self-given name was Reverend Major Jealous Divine, and he was also known as "the Messenger" early in his life. He founded the International Peace Mission movement, formulated its doctrine, and oversaw its growth from a small and predominantly black congregation into a multiracial and international church.

Father Divine claimed to be God.[3] He made numerous contributions toward his followers' economic independence and racial equality. He was a contemporary of other religious leaders such as Daddy Grace, Charles Harrison Mason, Noble Drew Ali and James F. Jones (also known as Prophet Jones).

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

text me a vag pic posted:

The playing cards are to indicate that this is a gambling man. Gambling is a sin and bad.
The candle is to show that this man needs additional lighting that is easy on the wallet because he is poor and being poor is bad.
The random handprint is not random at all. It represents our druggie friend's lack of ability to leave his addiction. He traps himself inside his apartment, which is a metaphor but also literally a shithole.
The door knob has nunchucks on it because he's hella bad rear end. (I guess being hella badass is a sin).
The skull is there to represent death with all the subtly of a fart in the mouth.

I hope this help you understa - Wait a minute ... do the cracks on the wall form some sort of lovely map of the Americas because I swear that's Alaska over Jesus' right shoulder and South America to his left.

And that's a hosed-up UK over the lamp.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
He's sitting in a chair? I thought he was standing and Jesus was super tall. The perspective is really bad

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/jFS42zB.gifv

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of these people might actually own

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Randaconda posted:

u should get banned for posting this, you know these people all own.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Hot date with Laverne DeFazio. :corsair:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Hot date with Laverne DeFazio. :corsair:

Does your balloon ever land?

(I started watching that show last year; it's great)

also one of the best all-time opening credit sequences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRmKzxhMzwo

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

Randaconda posted:

The 70s look really loving cool. I missed out on a chill time for being a dude.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

text me a vag pic posted:

Pretty sure the candle is for heroin, but I think the artist would also agree with your interpretation.

potentiallycool
Nov 7, 2011

Homie
Fallen Rib

Randaconda posted:

What's wrong with you they all own.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Oh, man, the autist formerly known as ADF, it's been a long time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

So you just discovered the Internet K-Hole?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

quote:

Is that chrischan?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

As someone else said, "Pronouns: jowl, jowls, jowlself."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm the stretched out Black Flag tattoo.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Oh man. That's a *choker* with spikes on. It looked like they'd wrapped a headphones cord around their neck.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair what wouldn't be a choker on them

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sludge Tank posted:

Is that chrischan?

No, it's Isabel Rosa Araujo, formerly known as Ahuviya Rotem Harel, formerly known as ADF-Fuensalida, formerly known as Philip Hawkins-Delici. I may be leaving out a few of the a/k/as.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

:eyepop:

Yeah sorry but these people kick rear end

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Blech Flag more like

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's a Labrys.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This dude is legit awesome. About the only thing I can possibly ding him for is the hair, and it was the 70s, it's not his fault.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Blech Flab

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

beer incoming. it's for you

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

WTF it's like someone painted a face on a balloon animal with makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sludge Tank posted:

Is that chrischan?

• Locked thread