Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So how quickly can an experienced group get through the raid with all the layered mechanics? My IRL friend group spent about 6 hours in total this weekend failing to get through the gauntlet so our new-to-destiny friend can get some magic pants and it just wouldn't happen. The biggest issue was just getting through lap 4. Everything up to that point was mechanical, precise and easy. Then we'd start the final run and people would start exploding before we hit the second gate and everything fell apart.

God help us with the pleasure gardens.

I haven't done the Raid yet but having watched Giant Bomb beat their heads against it for more than 24 hours it was pretty fascinating to watch this group finish the entire raid in around 24 minutes. The way they burn the boss with their entire rocket inventory is mesmerizing.

Calus Spoilers
https://i.imgur.com/7mj9odH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcyv5RxSDI4

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
GOD DAMMIT DEAD ORBIT?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao love that people think this still

HOW DO I READ WORDS WHY IS LANGUAGE SO COMPLEX gently caress OFF EDUCATION

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao 2 Shot Legend of Acrius Owwwwwnnsssszzzz

Can you get it up to 305 yet?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wazzit posted:

I haven't done the Raid yet but having watched Giant Bomb beat their heads against it for more than 24 hours it was pretty fascinating to watch this group finish the entire raid in around 24 minutes. The way they burn the boss with their entire rocket inventory is mesmerizing.

Calus Spoilers
https://i.imgur.com/7mj9odH.gifv

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck cocoon owns as a perk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffle House posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck cocoon owns as a perk

That's not cocoon, it's the Titan short barricade which grants instant reload to all guns when crouching.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dead Orbit won? Hell yeah.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Wazzit posted:

Calus Spoilers

Wut rocket launcher was he using?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Serf posted:

Dead Orbit won? Hell yeah.

enjoy yuor lovely gun

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

This faction rally thing seems like a bad system.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zokari posted:

This faction rally thing seems like a bad system.

No it functions as designed, gets people running around playing the game a lot. Those planet destinations they spent three years moving bushes around on gets way more use, and all it costs them is a reused gun model with a unique perk set.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

enjoy yuor lovely gun

Whoa, we get a gun??

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Serf posted:

Whoa, we get a gun??

Goddamn you

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the prize should have been kek gloves

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everybody gets a gun, it's like that Oprah gif but with guns instead of bees (also the bees cost $50,000 for 2/3 of the audience)

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

No regrets for pledging New Monarchy, my warlock is serving 24 carat gilded Daft Punk realness.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Serf posted:

Whoa, we get a gun??

hahaha im going to kill myself

Serf
May 5, 2011

I pledged to Dead Orbit because they have the coolest agenda.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Serf posted:

Whoa, we get a gun??
We also get to pay only 5000 glimmer to finish the MIDA quest this week.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Roman posted:

We also get to pay only 5000 glimmer to finish the MIDA quest this week.

Oh cool, I need to do that still. I've been having lovely luck with getting scout rifles to drop. Is the free gun a scout rifle?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Serf posted:

Oh cool, I need to do that still. I've been having lovely luck with getting scout rifles to drop. Is the free gun a scout rifle?

It's not free*, but yes, all you can eat scout rifles from DO for a week.

*ok if you pledged to DO they're mostly free but coming up with 250K glimmer isn't that hard anyway

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
This weeks nightfall is pretty rough. Especially when the two dudes you're matched with don't know what anomalies are and run straight through the final area and engaging the boss while you're combing through it. :argh:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

haveblue posted:

That's not cocoon, it's the Titan short barricade which grants instant reload to all guns when crouching.

That's a thing?

Also, post your glimmer farming method

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Waffle House posted:

That's a thing?

You were behind it when we were shooting skulls!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Wazzit posted:

Calus Spoilers

Man alive, Empowering Rift + Rally Barricade + Rockets just eats through Calus's health.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just lol at people "finally" finishing MIDA with discount scout rifles from DO.

Because the game doesn't constantly poo poo blue guns at you by playing normally.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

QuasiQuack posted:

This weeks nightfall is pretty rough. Especially when the two dudes you're matched with

Lol

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mango Polo posted:

Like 2 hours?

If you're going boom in the final lap of the gauntlet then tell your two runners to skip the first orbs so the non-runners have an easy time.

Well, we did actually. Maybe we're just bad. We'd get randomly killed by war psion something or others even though the psions were killed, or someone would fall in a hole and die immediately, or our guys who supposedly picked up orbs from gate one would explode right after the other runner and I would pick up orbs from gate 2.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Is Curtain Call better than Sins of the Past? (I don't have either, just trying to figure out whether I focus on vanguard tokens to get a Curtain Call).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

mikeraskol posted:

Is Curtain Call better than Sins of the Past? (I don't have either, just trying to figure out whether I focus on vanguard tokens to get a Curtain Call).

Datto crunched the numbers and found that they were basically identical!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

mikeraskol posted:

Sins of the Past has cocoon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffle House posted:

:shrug: I find myself capped constantly, probably helps that my clan has leveled up and unlocked the extra glimmer/reward perks.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Waffle House posted:

Vanguard Institutional Index I (VINIX)
http://www.morningstar.com/funds/XNAS/VINIX/quote.html

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pretty funny asking people to pay 50k glimmer for a scout rifle when the other factions gave you better ones for free

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DLC Inc posted:

pretty funny asking people to pay 50k glimmer for a scout rifle when the other factions gave you better ones for free

Gotta collect 'em all

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

haveblue posted:

:shrug: I find myself capped constantly, probably helps that my clan has leveled up and unlocked the extra glimmer/reward perks.

Is that why it says 99,999+? We're going over the limit?

E: or do you mean we get extra glimmer?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

This guy fuckin' GETS it. Keep your operating expenses low and you can't lose :cool:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah the 99,999+ is a really bad UI choice

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

Jolo posted:

No regrets for pledging New Monarchy, my warlock is serving 24 carat gilded Daft Punk realness.

Same, Epcot Warlock is my favorite set in D2 so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReverendDre posted:

Is that why it says 99,999+? We're going over the limit?

E: or do you mean we get extra glimmer?

99,999+ means you have 100,000 glimmer and can't earn any more. I assume those clan perks mean that the amount of glimmer you get given for doing the thing goes up (the number you stare at waiting for it to go away so you can see the challenges).

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah the 99,999+ is a really bad UI choice