Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Blake
Bortles

His initials are BB because playing the Jaguars is a free pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I remember being sad the Texans didn't sign Cutler

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My dream is for the Adams family to sell the Oilers name/logo/colors/history to Bob McNair and that we do one Oilers game per season as opposed to Battle Red Day.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Later, they missed a blindside block on a punt, but called taunting on the Jaguars player who got blindside blocked because he got upset that he got blindside blocked.

gently caress the refs.

Are you talking about the Posluszny play because I thought that was bullshit too

all-Rush mixtape posted:

My dream is for the Adams family to sell the Oilers name/logo/colors/history to Bob McNair and that we do one Oilers game per season as opposed to Battle Red Day.

I'd sell my soul for the Oilers stuff back

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Later, they missed a blindside block on a punt, but called taunting on the Jaguars player who got blindside blocked because he got upset that he got blindside blocked.

gently caress the refs.

Not just any player, but PAUL POSLUSZNEY, a gem of a man and player.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

No way, if Houston got the Oilers name back in the next 10 or so years fans would scream bloody murder until McNair renamed the team.

However the Adams family are chickenshit spiteful little people and they'll never sell the name back. Maybe someday some theoretical future owner without bad blood with Houston comes along and by then the connection to the name name is lost to history but at least the long tradition of mediocrity and heartbreak could come home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfi2ts2s7dc

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 2, 2017

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Same but every day is Oilers day instead of just one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just saw a replay of the Powell run on TV, from the endzone perspective, and holyshit how was that a no call? The Jets got 14 points from no calls (there was a blatant hold on the 69 yard TD run). Then they got 3 points (to win the game) on a no-call blindside hit / calling Paul Poz for taunting after he got blindside blocked :psyduck:

I may be done with the NFL because of the reffing. It has been dogshit all year but holy gently caress 17 points because of bad reffing?!? gently caress this poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Titans could offer the Oilers name/colors back for free and McNair would decline

He's built up the Texans brand too much by now

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Man, how things have changed from week 1. Defense is back to last year's form and Watson is getting better week to week. Looks like Texans will be back at the top of the poo poo pile, my fellow afc south poo people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nah, the secondary is still bad and will continue to be bad until Kevin Johnson gets back

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm sure Irsay is on top of the dire situation of the Colts as we speak.

It' might be a mountain of coke or a pile of hookers, but my god he is on top of something.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

The Titans could offer the Oilers name/colors back for free and McNair would decline

He's built up the Texans brand too much by now

Texans is a lovely brand they could change the name to pretty much anything and the only people who would care are the idiots who get sports logo tattoos.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm sure Irsay is on top of the dire situation of the Colts as we speak.

It' might be a mountain of coke or a pile of hookers, but my god he is on top of something.

This year is a rebuilding year, even if they aren't going to say it. When Luck comes back he'll probably help the team win more games than they should, but they're probably going to finish with 5 wins or so. Pagano won't be fired until after the season because the interim coaches would be just as bad, and none of them would be the next coaching candidate.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

This year is a rebuilding year, even if they aren't going to say it. When Luck comes back he'll probably help the team win more games than they should, but they're probably going to finish with 5 wins or so. Pagano won't be fired until after the season because the interim coaches would be just as bad, and none of them would be the next coaching candidate.

I'm just glad we dumped that first round bust Dorsett and got a great backup QB in return. Definitely won that trade.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dorsett has four whole receptions this season I'll have you know

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Comrayn posted:

Texans is a lovely brand they could change the name to pretty much anything and the only people who would care are the idiots who get sports logo tattoos.

:frogout: Texans forever

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pubic works project posted:

I'm just glad we dumped that first round bust Dorsett and got a great backup QB in return. Definitely won that trade.

So far most of Ballard's moves have turned out to work really well. A few misses in the draft, but it looks like he's had some major hits too. The FA signings have contributed as expected. Another draft and year in FA and the team should be back in the hunt for the division. Then another year or so for legit Super Bowl runs.

But yeah, getting Brissett for Dorsett was a loving steal. And there will probably be the opportunity to flip Brissett for some draft picks if they want to.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3/4 QBs in the title have changed

(assuming Mariota doesn't come back in just a week)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Get rid of the Re the afc south part so we can fit more

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

And unfortunately Bort is the one who has not changed :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

And unfortunately Bort is the one who has not changed :(

:sad:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Guys I'm starting to think that maybe Blake Bortles is a bust.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Weeden to the Titans, yesssssss

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Guys I'm starting to think that maybe Blake Bortles is a bust.
Ayup.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Intruder posted:

Weeden to the Titans, yesssssss

Congratulations to the Houston Texans for winning the AFC South.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
kill me

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Me first.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Valar Morghulis.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is this the first time the Texans have ever legitimately had the best QB in the division? Who were the Jags and Titans QBs the year Peyton was hurt?

e: Hasselbeck and Gabbert apparently

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Is this the first time the Texans have ever legitimately had the best QB in the division? Who were the Jags and Titans QBs the year Peyton was hurt?

e: Hasselbeck and Gabbert apparently

Luck is going to practice this week. So he'll probably be back not for this game, but the next. So enjoy that week of having the best QB!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSxS8NYjWo

Better times. :yaycloud:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Luck is going to practice this week. So he'll probably be back not for this game, but the next. So enjoy that week of having the best QB!

You think he'll be back that quickly after doing nothing football related since last season ended? Most people seem to be saying in three to four weeks but :shrug:

Did he put on any weight? Because god drat that Dune picture

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I don't think we see Luck for another 3 weeks and honestly I'd rather not see him at all this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

San Francisco 49ers - Luck for sure not playing. Probably a loss but hey it's Hoyer so who knows?
@Tennessee Titans - Luck proooobably not playing, but Mariota is out for the foreseeable future and the Titans defense looks pretty bad so again, never know!
Jacksonville Jaguars - Jags pass D is good enough to carry them through Bortles. Then again, they just lost to the JETS
@Cincinnati Bengals - Luck could probably be back pretty easily here. Tossup?
@Houston Texans - Certain Colts loss
Pittsburgh Steelers - Likely Colts loss
Tennessee Titans - Mariota should be back by now, tossup?
@Jacksonville Jaguars - lol, THE JETS
@Buffalo Bills - Bills bitch
Denver Broncos - Probable loss
@Baltimore Ravens - Colts should be favored
Houston Texans - Certain Colts loss

Huh, I could see bringing Luck back to make a division run

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

San Francisco 49ers - Luck for sure not playing. Probably a loss but hey it's Hoyer so who knows?
@Tennessee Titans - Luck proooobably not playing, but Mariota is out for the foreseeable future and the Titans defense looks pretty bad so again, never know!
Jacksonville Jaguars - Jags pass D is good enough to carry them through Bortles. Then again, they just lost to the JETS
@Cincinnati Bengals - Luck could probably be back pretty easily here. Tossup?
@Houston Texans - Certain Colts loss
Pittsburgh Steelers - Likely Colts loss
Tennessee Titans - Mariota should be back by now, tossup?
@Jacksonville Jaguars - lol, THE JETS
@Buffalo Bills - Bills bitch
Denver Broncos - Probable loss
@Baltimore Ravens - Colts should be favored
Houston Texans - Certain Colts loss

Huh, I could see bringing Luck back to make a division run

Your tears will be delicious when Brissett sweeps your team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Colts with Luck couldn't beat the Osweiler Texans either time last season

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Intruder posted:

The Colts with Luck couldn't beat the Osweiler Texans either time last season

I will make a fantastic amber ale using those tears. It will be my masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Remember the Weeden/Hasselbeck bowl a couple years ago? This division sure makes some memories

Weeden, 11/18 for 105 yards :laffo:

e: Also that game was basically for the division :laffo:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 3, 2017

• Locked thread