Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not all cousins are close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not all cousins are close.

I just find it odd that one cousin can know of the other's existence so well as to be able to stalk the other, who is totally unaware of their existence.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh! Yeah, that's because it's made up.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip

loquacius posted:

Anyway utilikilts are super neckbeardy but if you're wearing leather bracers around you probably don't mind that so utilikilt it up

Sorry late to the party, but utilikilts are loving FANTASTIC to curl in.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh! Yeah, that's because it's made up.

Definitely. The birth certificates would list his name as the father anyways, no way to keep that secret from the kids.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Plus the whole "our grandparents are brother and sister" thing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nocheez posted:

Definitely. The birth certificates would list his name as the father anyways, no way to keep that secret from the kids.

I mean, it probably was made up, but kids are lied to about who their parents are all the time

Most of the time it's because their mom got teen pregnant and they are raised by her parents, thinking she's their older sister. Hell, it happened to Eric Clapton. It's not hard to keep a kid from seeing their birth certificate until they're "old enough to handle it" whenever that is.

Bust Rodd posted:

Plus the whole "our grandparents are brother and sister" thing.

I think the idea is that they "don't know" who their father is because their heroin-addict mom slept around a lot

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't think the cousin one is made up. It's too detailed

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Part of the fun of this is never knowing which of the utterly :stonklol: confessions are real.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Well he knew she was destined to hook up with fuckups...

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Lol at Deliverance goon for thinking cousin incest is actual incest

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Lol at Deliverance goon for thinking cousin incest is actual incest

Adjacent to incest is incest.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

loquacius posted:

I mean, it probably was made up, but kids are lied to about who their parents are all the time

Most of the time it's because their mom got teen pregnant and they are raised by her parents, thinking she's their older sister. Hell, it happened to Eric Clapton. It's not hard to keep a kid from seeing their birth certificate until they're "old enough to handle it" whenever that is.

Happened to Jack Nicholson too. He only found out when a reporter asked him about it in the early 70s.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Debt goon, I think it's time to turn to a life of crime. Every monetary decision you've made is wrong. Worst case scenario with a life of crime is a free roof over your head and free meals.

You forgot "and all the sex you want"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

therattle posted:

You forgot "and all the sex you want"

:doh: That's the best part of the joke!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Solice Kirsk posted:

:doh: That's the best part of the joke!

Yeah, you left the rear end end off that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, just falls right in line with the rest of my lovely unfunny posts. I'd hate to break precedent.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I have around 30-35 first cousins (my mother is Irish, one of 13 kids), some of which I've known my entire life and others I've met once or twice and probably wouldn't recognize if I passed on the street. Depending on the size of the family and how interested people are it's certainly not surprising that cousins wouldn't be aware of each other.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had a dream about my cousin when I was like 15, she was a very pretty 17 year old, and it wasnt a sex dream but is was vaguely sexual and I remember waking up and just going "whelp that was weird, thank goodness it's just a dream and it's probably my broken puberty brain" and it never happened again but It was like three years before I could talk to her at family stuff while making eye contact.

I think sometimes people get their hormones all switched up. There have been a ton of studies about incest, and a prevailing theory is that it's related to Post-Partem depression, i.e. there's normally a wave of hormones designed to block or incite important impulses (like blocking your desire to reproduce when interacting with your parents or siblings. Or caring about your newborn baby even though you just met them). When those hormones for whatever reason aren't present, you can get all kinds of crazy poo poo flaring up as different chemicals make a Hail Mary attempt to balance out your neuro-chemistry and the results are often super hosed up, because your brain is designed with those hormones in mind and their absent is very taxing.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Mystery solved, Deliverance goon must be a Canadian.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I had the weirdest crush on my cousin for like a week when I was 13. I grew out of it really quickly. Figured it was just the hormones in my head loving around.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Mystery solved, Deliverance goon must be a Canadian.

Or another former colony of England. They used the word University instead of College

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
When my aunt got married, one of my family members (my grandmother's brother's daughter, I forget exactly what that makes her in relation to me) was asked, "do you know the bride?" And she said "yes, she's my cousin." "Oh, then have you met the groom?" "Yes, he's my cousin."

She was a cousin on her father's side; he was on her mother's, so there was no consanguinity. But it was still funny.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Hey as long as they're third it won't hurt the herd.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Hey as long as they're third it won't hurt the herd.

If they closer to 2nd, you get webbed toes.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

half coke half diet posted:

Actually, genetic problems tend not to happen unless there's been several generations of immediate family inbreeding, furthermore
:goonsay:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If you share the same dad the gene pool is bad

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

My confession is that I've checked out my second cousin before. In my defense, I only see her once a year at most, and I'm always incredibly horny at all times

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Tax Inductions posted:

Actually, genetic problems tend not to happen unless there's been several generations of immediate family inbreeding, furthermore
:goonsay:

this is where the phrase "walk like an Egyptian" come from

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

one of my family members (my grandmother's brother's daughter, I forget exactly what that makes her in relation to me)
I think this is what "first cousin once removed" is supposed to mean, although there are regional variations and it's probably best to leave it under the catchall term of "cousin" anyway.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Don't gently caress your cousin without a buzzin'

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

half coke half diet posted:

Proof of the Aquatic Ape Theory?!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Incoherence posted:

I think this is what "first cousin once removed" is supposed to mean, although there are regional variations and it's probably best to leave it under the catchall term of "cousin" anyway.

You can use Wolfram Alpha to check. It even shows % blood relationship. :science:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When you think about it, arent we all cousins, since we're descended from about 100 early humans

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

when i went to get my marriage license there was a sign explicitly detailing the levels of cousin that it wasn't legal to marry posted oon the counter. i would post the pic i took but imgur is being a bitch

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

got any sevens posted:

When you think about it, arent we all cousins, since we're descended from about 100 early humans
Alien fetishists are just trying to escape the all-encompassing stink of incest, if you think about it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Incest is more mainstream now

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

We Know Catheters posted:

Incest is more mainstream now

Op was into it before it was cool

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

got any sevens posted:

All sex is incest. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

RFC2324 posted:

when i went to get my marriage license there was a sign explicitly detailing the levels of cousin that it wasn't legal to marry posted oon the counter. i would post the pic i took but imgur is being a bitch

I actually looked this up, and it turns out that first cousins can get married in abut half the states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state