Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

how is this non constructive feed back i literally suggested to make the game better they need new servers https://imgur.com/a/5K2XX

You have a...unique posting style. No offense, but I'm not surprised someone who isn't already familiar with you read that and thought you were smoking something. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
well its true run xvm look at the flags and the stats, they need their own server to get good ping for the game to be playable also i caused a ruckus with A-S-F players i tk them /they tk me because i tell them off for spamming clan messages every battle lol

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

You have a...unique posting style. No offense, but I'm not surprised someone who isn't already familiar with you read that and thought you were smoking something. :shrug:

Isn't Turmoil constantly out of his mind on a mixture of bath salts, PCP and pixie stix?

I mean he's played several hundred season 2 Ranked battles...

e: also Turmoil are you a guy or a porpoise and should I change those pronouns?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i dont know i just hate this game and cant find something else to entertain me like this one does no drugs just special thats what 55k games of this does to a person save yourself before 30k i'll just remove mods to be a happier person "~i started using about a week ago`*" xvm ruins everything AND WILL make you go insane from seeing red triple digit and double digit numbers

have a nice shot btw, yeah those aren't standard ammo loaded either ... and this is why i still play, for the "little" things https://youtu.be/BE8RYH02w_Q more to add as my day goes on..a .. possibly worth your time replay if you're into that kind of stuff http://wotreplays.eu/site/3859300#sacred_valley-turmoilx-type_5_heavy <- 7.1k carry the type 5 is really cool, that was 31 hits received could of been better still nice , two 7k+ dmg games today in type 5

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 3, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Barry posted:

I've been hating on the Ferdinand for a while now but I finally got the top gun and it is night and day how much better it is.

Well duh. Stock tanks are supposed to be bad.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Cardiac posted:

It is interesting how everything WG does seems oriented towards the hardcore players, which is pretty much the opposite of what made this game successful.
Clans, team battles, ranked, tournaments is basically for those that have the effort to spend a massive amount of time on the game, whereas I would guess that the average player logs in, plays 3-4 games and then logs out/ragequits.
It also seems that every game mode they implement opens itself to matchfixing since for some obscure reason there has to be an award to play a game mode.

Pretty much it is only the personal missions that have been implemented in a way that doesn't require effort/matchfixing per default.

I think I have played less overall since Personal Reserves became a thing. At first I thought, "Great! Boosts!", but the thing is most of them last for 2 hours, so it ended up that any time I wanted to play I had to think, "Do I have a 2 hour block?" quite often I did not, so do I play sub optimally without boosters, or waste some of a booster? Ugh, gently caress it I'll do something else. Of course, added to that, on EU they hardly ever give out credit boosters so while the XP boosts are fun for a time you ultimately run into an even harder credit wall. On the other hand, WoWS has Signals which you can put on a ship for a match, so even if you only play one nothing is wasted.

Speaking of WoWS, WoT's new Personal mission setup looks a bit like the campaigns they have. Except Personal missions were released once in like 6 years while WoWS gets new campaigns fairly often and has fairly sane requirements which can mostly be done over a number of battles rather than requiring luck in team comp and perfect play once you get it, AND they have a rotating series of PvE events which are fairly fun. I guess mostly I am saying the WoWS team seems more on point with giving causal players stuff to do. WoWS has its own issues of course, but I think a lot of stuff is done better than in WoT.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Some of the LT missions are clearly from pre Scout-role-nerfs as well. But I agree, WG have no clue how to make this game more fun for casuals, which would greatly increase the playerbase and give us more dummy team mates to rage about.
I mean who doesn't like watching a T30 hunting arty for 5 minutes when all he had to do to finish your carry game was go on the loving cap.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

CompeAnansi posted:

Well duh. Stock tanks are supposed to be bad.

Sure, but this thing is on a different level.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Did they add rating based match making and/or remove arty yet?

I've been clean for a couple months but that could make me come back.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Did they add rating based match making and/or remove arty yet?

I've been clean for a couple months but that could make me come back.

No, and no. Artillery players in particular are still giving everyone AIDS while being sub-45%'ers.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Turmoilx posted:

how is this non constructive feed back i literally suggested to make the game better they need new servers https://imgur.com/a/5K2XX

Sadly, what do you think would happen to the NA server population if central/south america got their own local server(s)? In addition to that, imagine what would happen to the server population if WG actually wanted to eliminate bots from the game?

However, good job for triggering the KGB.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I unlocked the T49 but I can't get myself to use my Bulldog crew and sell that lovely little killer machine.
There is no decent US premium tank to train up a new crew is there?

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

So I unlocked the T49 but I can't get myself to use my Bulldog crew and sell that lovely little killer machine.

You enjoy the Bulldog post nerf?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tahirovic posted:

Not for that exact layout, no, and certainly not with a premium LT. Have to waste hours of time in a Super Pershing or something then retrain them after (and end up with a completely superfluous Radioman too), unless you feel like throwing endless reserves into the T37 for a matching layout.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I took a bit of a WoT break to play Civ VI and came back to find things haven't changed and got stuck on a complete plethoria of loving worthless teams. Welcome back to Wot.png:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

this is a child who just heard the r-word and wants to use it repeatedly

e: lol what the gently caress is going on with this person's stats

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/markoctavio/1026966104/

9 total tanks played in 1750 games, 1122 in the Chaffee.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

well its true run xvm look at the flags and the stats, they need their own server to get good ping for the game to be playable also i caused a ruckus with A-S-F players i tk them /they tk me because i tell them off for spamming clan messages every battle lol

See, this...this is what I was talking about. :eyepop:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i had something weird happen today that i thought would never happen https://imgur.com/a/ON30e it can happen i guess and my team won i see clearly i did something to earn that win. here is something else i just had happen too that i thought was interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O92b62XLN-M

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 4, 2017

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Scapegoat posted:

You enjoy the Bulldog post nerf?

Yeah it's still got nice mobility and does ok damage. Good for LT missions too.
Guess I have to decide if I want a new crew in the Bulldog or T49.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Hello,

I occasionally feel like playing some casual WoT because I have brain problems. I was a newbie back then and pretty much still am. I haven't checked my account yet but I do know I followed newbie advice to head up the american heavy line and score myself a T29, and get a Hellcat on the side. That worked out pretty well. Are they still nice little beasties? I recall the t29 being slightly on the expensive side to play for a f2p player, but it was a goddamn camp monster worth the price. Pubbies would try to destroy that turret all the time. Does it still anger people?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Most people know better than to shoot at a hull down T29. The dumb ones will usually try a few shots, the smart ones won't bother, the really smart ones will try to slam high-caliber HE into your ears or AP into your cupola, at least at close range.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I really am enjoying the new Foch:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

have you guys got any desync lately? this is the first time i ever noticed it myself im sure many others have had it before with stuff like this happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAa-cLDHtFY hes not even aiming at me on the last two shots i feel like..ping is fine fps is fine ..is wg fine? id doubt it

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Turmoilx posted:

WG is going after everyone apparently. I got a warning a few months ago for something I said over 3 years ago.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

brodoyouevengif posted:

WG is going after everyone apparently. I got a warning a few months ago for something I said over 3 years ago.

lol wow 3 years ago and they dig it up now?

also today is odd iv flipped my tanks countless times what the hell this one is the most random and unexpected my fuckin mini map covered it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5D-moEh9A (another 24 hour session in progress..nearing the end just need to go some more for ranked battles) so uh tank while very tired always..not the best (great driver btw)

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Mindblast posted:

Hello,

I occasionally feel like playing some casual WoT because I have brain problems. I was a newbie back then and pretty much still am. I haven't checked my account yet but I do know I followed newbie advice to head up the american heavy line and score myself a T29, and get a Hellcat on the side. That worked out pretty well. Are they still nice little beasties? I recall the t29 being slightly on the expensive side to play for a f2p player, but it was a goddamn camp monster worth the price. Pubbies would try to destroy that turret all the time. Does it still anger people?
T-29 is an OP PoS that should have been nerfed into oblivion years ago. The Hellcat unfortunately, for you, has been. The gun is ridiculously inaccurate (For a TD), mobility is poor.

brodoyouevengif posted:

Oh dear :ohdear: I see some pain in my future.

Also that loving matchmaker. Tier VIII is absurd and yet I can't recall a match where my Cromwell hasn't been bottom tier so someone is getting top tier in their tier VIIIs :iiam:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Cartoon posted:

I took a bit of a WoT break to play Civ VI

Really jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire there.

Cartoon posted:

T-29 is an OP PoS that should have been nerfed into oblivion years ago.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
If you have been playing games recently, don't forget to go to wargaming's tankrewards.com halloween deal and click on houses to get manual fire extinguishers.

edit: love the new in-game survey. "So, uh, would you like, recommend WoT to any friends or anything like that? [scale of 1-10]" Provide answer. "Thanks for taking the survey!" I'm just imagining the conference room/conference call where this was discussed, not to mention wherever results will be shared.

Strike Anywhere fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 5, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I'm still waiting for them to unfreeze the last rewards thing, the "Battle of Kursk". Prize selection has been "paused" for like a week while they "investigate an issue with point totals...." :rolleyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone have the AC 4? Is it worth the $20?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Looking at the stats it seems like a nice gun on a horrible chassis? Not sure how much fun that is to play at tier6

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Yesterday was a complete loving shambles for teams, with a 41% WR for the session. Even when top-tier (an almost impossible occurrence in a two-man platoon) there's gently caress all you can do when the rest of your team lemmingtrains off the other way to melt within 4 minutes, leaving you to deal with 10+ enemies swarming you all at once.

Today's looking no better!

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone have the AC 4? Is it worth the $20?
It's better than the Firefly because gun depression. I like mine because pen + RoF = lol but it's still going to get shat on by this awful matchmaker.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turmoilx posted:

xvm ruins everything AND WILL make you go insane from seeing red triple digit and double digit numbers

Boy ain't that the truth.

Recently the EU servers have been making me want to kill my team and then myself, because half (on a lucky day) of my team will be double digit efficiency rating bots, the other half will be Russian and Polish people team killing each other. My winrate has dropped significantly and it seems that almost every match is a complete loving blowout with one side (the one with actually decent players) winning by 12 or 13 kills and it's just luck which side you'll end up on.

XVM also proves that Wargaming don't take your rating into account AT ALL when matchmaking, because in 99% of my games one team will be 4/5 pure red and the other will be an actual team of decent humans, who will then proceed to utterly crush the other team.

Strike Anywhere posted:

If you have been playing games recently, don't forget to go to wargaming's tankrewards.com halloween deal and click on houses to get manual fire extinguishers.

Americans only, as usual, right?

E: also, it seems like there's some new bot making the rounds that doesn't give a fuuuuuuck about shooting teammates, because I've been taking a lot more friendly fire in recent days from sub 100 performance rating tomatoes who just try to shoot at the enemy through me. It's not a case of me driving in their line of sight just as they shoot either, it's like the bot just doesn't understand that there's a friendly in the way.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 5, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Already stopped for today after three battles. Eastern Europe needs its own loving server for this game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tooonnnnkkksssssss

I just bought the $20 131 package just for the Zero skill BiA crew so I could have one for the germans, I am a pile of poo poo.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 5, 2017

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Tooonnnnkkksssssss

Tonks r good

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I played a game yesterday where a Blue-stat IS-7 on the enemy team TKed a Roomba. No idea why, but then we didn't see the IS-7 during the match. We found him at the very end, tipped over on his side just outside their base. Just WoT things.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

BadLlama posted:

Tooonnnnkkksssssss

I just bought the $20 131 package just for the Zero skill BiA crew so I could have one for the germans, I am a pile of poo poo.

I thought the zero skill BiA only works while they're in the tank you bought them in?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
No, that'd be crazy. You can also buy the package repeatedly if you want more crews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

Tooonnnnkkksssssss

The 131 is a fun tank to play though. Less so when you're bottom tier in a tier 8 match but when you're top dog, whoo boy.