Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Strontosaurus posted:

How come Roadhog and Pudge are top picks in their respective games, but nobody except me plays Stitches? He owns.
Stitches had his niche stepped.on a bit by Garrosh but I've been playing him a bunch. He's got a respectable 20% pick rate and I think slam build Stitches is still borderline OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Gotta draft a team to support him, where normally you're drafting a team to build around your carries. Live and die on the hook. Kinda makes sense that he's a bit niche.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Shabadu posted:

Gotta draft a team to support him, where normally you're drafting a team to build around your carries. Live and die on the hook. Kinda makes sense that he's a bit niche.

Yeah I've played him a lot and have done generally well on him. I can tell after a few team fights when he is or isn't working in a comp. When he's not working it's pretty sad. You can still put up a ton of empty numbers but if your team doesn't have good follow-up to the way Stitches makes plays you won't seal a lot of fights effectively, and he's not as durable as other tanks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Strontosaurus posted:

How come Roadhog and Pudge are top picks in their respective games, but nobody except me plays Stitches? He owns.

Pudge can eat a guy in a 1v1, Stitches requires your team to do something besides nothing, which is a really big ask. Pros will draft him fairly often because they can perform complex tasks like attack and/or cc the guy that is hooked.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I like throwing guys more than hooking guys

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stitches also feels way less fluid than Pudge and Hog. Something about his hook feels really bad and finicky, I think it's the enormous hitboxes in this game. It's easy to accidentally snag a minion even when you're threading the needle.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I love stitches but so many of the targets you want to hit have tiny hitboxes (like Chromie, Li Ming, Jaina). Kel'Thuzad and Hammer are just wonderful to go up against though.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Stitches also doesn't yell GET OVER HERE, doesn't speak with a funny cockney accent and can't deny himself (half of the time by accident) and tilt the enemy team even when he's feeding.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Roadhog skin for Stitches, when?

They share enough abilities:
Hook = Hook
Slam = Spreadshot
Devour = Breather

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dodgeball posted:

Roadhog skin for Stitches, when?

They share enough abilities:
Hook = Hook
Slam = Spreadshot
Devour = Breather

Roadhog's iconic ability to fart green goop all over the ground.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Kai Tave posted:

Only dwarfed in memory by Widowmaker's ability to go invisible and call down an orbital laser.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Dodgeball posted:

Only dwarfed in memory by Widowmaker's ability to go invisible and call down an orbital laser.

thats in the comics

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Kai Tave posted:

Just change it to a poisonous-looking version of his huff gas and make the sound effect a 'pssshhhh' of opening a canister and you're good

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dire Human posted:

Just change it to a poisonous-looking version of his huff gas and make the sound effect a 'pssshhhh' of opening a canister and you're good

Honestly it would be way funnier if they just left bile as-is, sound effects and all, but I doubt Blizzard would ever do it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I do love when Roadhog eats someone whole

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lol blizz cant make vanish work in any game

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

EdRush posted:

Are these the heroes you shut down Naz with, or heroes who have shut down your Naz?

Both. I weave between Diamond and Master and my Nazeebo is level 49, if that helps for context.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah Zagara works well against Nazeebo and should always win that lane as long as the enemy team doesn't heavily shut her down with ganks. A decent Zagara will put a steady pressure on Nazeebo with superior autoattack range and a few hydralisks if Naz overextends and put him in a lovely situation before level 7. Only way she loses is if she eats too many spiders or if she's scared to trade and just plays the PvE game while ignoring Nazeebo.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
poo poo, I would 100% prefer a Stitches skin for Roadhog. I understand the sleek and often cartoony aesthetic of Overwatch, but I hunger for some sticky, insane-looking, xenomorph and zerg-like skins for OW, something with a far more mature feel than it currently has. I would play Overwatch twice as much if the aesthetics were more mature.

There aren't enough FPS games in which player characters lose limbs or suffer real losses when taking damage. Morphies Law but in reverse (you lose body parts instead of your rear end getting bigger when it gets shot.)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

Lol blizz cant make vanish work in any game

its funny because samuro's wind walk is a better vanish than vanish

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Although they fixed the overpowered Falstad bug they left the Nazeebo Toads of Hugeness bug so either take advantage or ban him

EDIT:

Toads of Hugeness currently get the damage hop bonus regardless of amount of hops.

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 3, 2017

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

PantsBandit posted:

Nazeebo is ridiculous. He's just good at EVERYTHING. I had this discussion with a friend of mine and he said it's offset by naz being squishy but he doesn't feel squishy. Not like the casters do.

He's good at pushing, he's good at dueling, he's good at teamfights, he's good at killing bosses. Goddamn. Hope that dude gets nerfed soon.

I dashed into a Naz with Genji and was about to pelt him point blank with my shuriken when he one-shot me with his frogs. I don't play Nazeebo, so I'm not very familiar with his damage output, so I just thought I got owned by someone else in the team fight. Did it again later against Nazeebo solo and BAM, completely yellow healthbar annnnnd.... dead

gently caress Nazeebo

EDIT: Wait, toads of hugeness bug? I checked his talents and he had that one

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well gently caress, yeah, that would explain why I got annihilated... still, gently caress Nazeebo!

Mangoose fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 3, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The new D Va skin is cool and D Va looks really great outside of the mech. But the in-mech portrait is so creepy and weird.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

No Wave posted:

But the in-mech portrait is so creepy and weird.

It's metal as gently caress is what it is

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's funny to me that a D.Va skin gets as big billing as some new heroes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

chumbler posted:

You used to play League, this isn't unusual at all for the genre to headliner a legendary skin.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

chumbler posted:

The Kel'Thuzad splash image was half him and half the Jaina skin. The summer event might as well have just been a Tychus/Tracer skin celebration.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

EdRush posted:

The summer event might as well have just been a Tychus/Tracer skin celebration.

gently caress you, buddy. Bikini Stitches is life.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Stitches is fun but pepperoni nipples are unpleasant.

I hope the jason style skin is available again.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

chumbler posted:

I think it is because the skin was inspired by the community. It also might just be a thing they do more from now on. For example I know that they gave the L800 ETC/Templar Li-Ming/Zerg Anub bundle some extra attention after Garrosh had been out for a week.

Toshimo posted:

gently caress you, buddy. Bikini Stitches is life.

Bikini Stitches was already in the game before, so that is why it got less attention. I think it was some kind of weird thing where it was only available if you bought a Stitches plushy.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 4, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I feel like the Lurking Arm talents for Stukov are bait. I see too many Stukovs taking them and using it basically on cooldown for stuff like waveclear and poking, when his autoattack -even with the level one ranged talent- is pretty strong. The weighted pustule is really good as well with the range upgrade, and can get a much needed slow or last bit of damage on an escaping enemy.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

The new D Va skin is cool and D Va looks really great outside of the mech. But the in-mech portrait is so creepy and weird.

Is it in the game after yesterday's patch? I looked in the featured skins and didn't see it...

e: oh, I see it now. Huh.

lucifirius posted:

The weighted pustule is really good as well with the range upgrade
If you skip Targeted Excision you are trying to lose the game.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 4, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Spine launcher and pustules build can be real nice but yeah, going full lurking arm is wasting so much useful poo poo he could have instead.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
People spec out the Lurking Arm because it is by far his most useful and defining ability. Within My Reach is by far the best Talent on the Level 7 Tier.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah, AOE ancestral healing every 6 seconds sucks, you're right.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

D.VA = teen waifu = more $$$

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah, AOE ancestral healing every 6 seconds sucks, you're right.

You're enormously exaggerating the effect of something that has a long list of conditionals to be met before happening.

Which is probably why that talent is not popular or good.

Because the substitution choice is literally "make this thing you use every time it's off cooldown way better every time no downside"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Top tier players: Lurking Arm talents are super good and should be taken as default at every level except 20, with minor variations based on comp.

Goons: Lurking Arm is a trap and only garbage AI monkeys take those talents.

:thunk:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Targeted excision is usually better if you're a really good Stukov but both builds are good, you don't always pick the same talents anyway unless you're playing a poorly designed/outdated hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

There's a lot of unlisted poo poo that was added with the patch. Countess Kerrigan, the Eye Pad, the Invisible Horse, Psycho Stitches, and IIRC a few other things got snuck in. Y'all might wanna pick up the Eye Pad now before it goes "on sale" for Hallow's End and gets the price jacked up.