Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

uber_stoat posted:

the gunman has cunningly thrown a wrench into her plan by introducing the element of verticality. back to the drawing board, Megan

The plan still holds, though it might take a while for everyone to get inside the hotel and run up the stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Megan's article was about Sandy Hook btw so she's talking about children bum rushing an active shooter

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
remember when a gunman murdered a bunch of kids and multiple conservatives wrote hot takes about what pussies the kids and teachers were for not bum rushing/using sick kung-fu to take him out instead of agreeing we have a gun issue? But yea I'm sure the Chud Durdly concert getting shot up will be what makes people decide we need gun control.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sandy Hook was in the news for like two days I feel like and then it was just "oh yeah all those kids died"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/808101509170925573

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want one of you to come over and kill me.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also Tim's attempt at pronouncing Kvelertak

he hosed it up so bad

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Garland seems to be in the throes of a heavily alcoholic meltdown

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Garland seems to be in the throes of a heavily alcoholic meltdown

He called me a Russian and blocked me. Part of his reasoning was that I don't use my real name. Except...I do use my real name as my twitter handle.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
red scare v2.0 seems to be going well

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
His cover photo is the funniest poo poo of all time

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

He called me a Russian and blocked me. Part of his reasoning was that I don't use my real name. Except...I do use my real name as my twitter handle.

I've been blocked since shortly after game theory time. I just kept responding to his tweets with comments about adderall and blueberry IPAs

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

yoober posted:

he hosed it up so bad

Kvelertak is really bad so it works out.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

The PR episode was pretty bad. Not sure why they pushed a Middle East expert to talk about the situation in the Caribbean.

probably their worst set of takes, mostly because none of them had any idea what the Jones Act actually is, and therefore the entire segment made no sense.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Also Tim's attempt at pronouncing Kvelertak

THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS TRYING TO SAY?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I love Tim's goofy-rear end laugh. :3:

LOL the Romans didn't have tomatoes or pasta. Matt's on fire. :newlol:

"We make jokes about Irish food, but that's just because we don't like the people."
:cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg::cawg:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Oct 3, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sandweed posted:

THAT WAS WHAT HE WAS TRYING TO SAY?

Yeah. I'm afraid to listen to that Heavy Medical episode because he probably says it a bunch. He did alright with Nattesferd as far as I can tell.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

oatgan posted:

Megan's article was about Sandy Hook btw so she's talking about children bum rushing an active shooter
How many five year olds could you sho

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Who would win? A class full of preschoolers or a guy with an AR-15 and a hundred round drummag?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sandweed posted:

Who would win? A class full of preschoolers or a guy with an AR-15 and a hundred round drummag?

On the next Deadliest Warrior,

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sandweed posted:

They're really running out of ideas for Epic Rap Battles of History, huh?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Going back through old episodes in search of their first football segment, I almost forgot that Matt is the paragon of a lovely YouTube film reviewer. Hits every line on the checklist perfectly.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Halloween Jack posted:

Going back through old episodes in search of their first football segment, I almost forgot that Matt is the paragon of a lovely YouTube film reviewer. Hits every line on the checklist perfectly.

Sounds like someone who never listened to Frost/Christman....

But what do you mean by that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

McArdle has to be some kind of alien or something, right

SMP
May 5, 2009

McArdle is a Koch bros tulpa

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

cat doter posted:

red scare v2.0 seems to be going well

3.0 if you want to get technical.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Matt was 100% correct to lose his poo poo, that was infuriating.
There is nothing worse than a New Yorker talking about how special New York is, as if Italians aren't abundant in every rust belt city in the North East.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

SMP posted:

McArdle is a Koch bros tulpa
We live in a magical realist novel that's an extended metaphor about the cultural legacy of colonialism that I'm too dumb to understand but I know enough to realize that someday an earthquake caused by fracking will open a fissure that swallows the Kochs and all memory of their family whole and that same morning McArdle will vanish into a cloud of steam that wanders the atlantic coast for all time, whispering of the estate tax

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

snucks posted:

We live in a magical realist novel that's an extended metaphor about the cultural legacy of colonialism that I'm too dumb to understand but I know enough to realize that someday an earthquake caused by fracking will open a fissure that swallows the Kochs and all memory of their family whole and that same morning McArdle will vanish into a cloud of steam that wanders the atlantic coast for all time, whispering of the estate tax

Mr Robot fits "Magical Realist Contemporary Fiction" pretty well

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

OPS

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 4, 2017

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

McArdle has to be some kind of alien or something, right

nah her worldview/talent make perfect sense given her background

She came from rich parents and has spent her entire life in this NYC elite scene, which is how she developed her uber-libertarian mindset where anyone suffering from any sort of hardship or oppression must have done something to deserve it. Dumb privileged people who want their abhorrent views parroted back to them by ostensibly intellectual people is a pretty lucrative market, so she's always been able to find work. Then after a long period of success with zero self-reflecton, she come to the conclusion that any brain fart she has must be incredibly profound, which leads to articles with opening lines like "I don’t like to brag, but I haven’t had a slice of purple raspberry pie today." being published alongside articles about how we shouldn't give health care to poor people.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
:rolleyes: Figures that of all the lovely libertarians in the media, Chapo folks go after the only woman

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

:rolleyes: Figures that of all the lovely libertarians in the media, Chapo folks go after the only woman

They curbstomped a dude libert on their show.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Nice try! Welcome to the block party.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

...it was a nice try.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Mikedawson posted:

3.0 if you want to get technical.

I do NOT

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

GalacticAcid posted:

On the next Deadliest Warrior,

They had the IRA beat the Taliban on that show lmao so I reckon they might consider that a tossup

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Chapo is an equal opportunity offender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

McMegan might also be the closest one to mainstream respectability among the wonkerati, having written for the Atlantic, Newsweek, and gone to bat for Big Finance after the 2008 crisis.

Also, plenty of male libertarians have pretty much migrated to the alt-right.