Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

[quote="“purple death ray”" post="“477024655”"]
The Mutant Massacre? It was revealed that on Sinister’s orders Gambit led the Marauders to the Morlock tunnels to slaughter them. He rescued Marrow in the commotion and ran off. He supposedly didn’t realize what the plan was for him bringing Sabretooth and the rest of the psychos to the tunnels.
[/quote]
I think that is the one classic storyline I never read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope Gambit drives a Charger.

And delivers a package to a bad guy and is like "Dis heauh delivera is cod, monami. Do you accep thu chahges? And then he blows them up

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dacap posted:

Daniel Craig is in talks to play Mr. Sinister in Gambit

Each part of this sentence gets progressively more boring.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think that is the one classic storyline I never read

It's not actually in that since MM happened before Gambit was created. It's a retcon later on, but it led to a lot of stuff with Gambit and Sinister.

X-O posted:

Each part of this sentence gets progressively more boring.
I'm okay with it if it's Gillen's version of Sinister, but haha that won't happen.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dacap posted:

Daniel Craig is in talks to play Mr. Sinister in Gambit

I read this and somehow got to thinking, "Sam Neill would be a good Sinister." How I got there from that is beyond me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah this was all revealed in like 1998 or something in some huge NOTHING WILL PREPARE YOU FOR THE SECRET OF GAMBIT hologram event issue.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The terrible secret of Gambit is that he's a boring character

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gambit will help me. He's a mutant too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

poly and open-minded posted:

The terrible secret of Gambit is that he's a boring character

That's not a secret though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It not us, it Gambit

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

[quote="“poly and open-minded”" post="“477026532”"]
The terrible secret of Gambit is that he’s a boring character
[/quote]

They made a good movie out of Fox Wolverine, so that's not necessarily a handicap.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Endless Mike posted:

I'm okay with it if it's Gillen's version of Sinister, but haha that won't happen.

This made me imagine Aidan Gillen from Game of Thrones and Dark Knight Rises trying and failing to hold a Gambit accent.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm actually surprised to hear the Gambit movie is actually going ahead.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm actually surprised to hear the Gambit movie is actually going ahead.

Give it a week. Someone will remember it's a bad idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In other disappointing news, John Cena is out of the running for Captain Marvel/Shazam now.

(Shut it Lurdiak!)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

[quote="“twistedmentat”" post="“477027594”"]
I’m actually surprised to hear the Gambit movie is actually going ahead.
[/quote]
I still doubt it will get made

Marvel was committed to doing an Inhumans movie until they weren't

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

In other disappointing news, John Cena is out of the running for Captain Marvel/Shazam now.

(Shut it Lurdiak!)

Your time is up, my time is now
You can't see me, my time is now.
Its the franchise, Boy, I'm shining now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aphrodite posted:

(Shut it Lurdiak!)

Come on Goldberg!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

I read this and somehow got to thinking, "Sam Neill would be a good Sinister." How I got there from that is beyond me.

Aidan Gillen (who played Little Finger in GoT) would be my pick for Sinister

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Aphrodite posted:

(Shut it Lurdiak!)

They just couldn't see him in the role.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/915310576842231810

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:/

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

IMDb is about as reliable for information this far out from release as Wikipedia would be, which is to say, anyone can submit information so I'm taking this with a big pinch of salt.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's not the most far-fetched rumor ever, but I mean...even if she does appear, Occam's Machete would suggest that she's just appearing as Peter's classmate Cindy again. We already know there are scenes of Peter on his school bus. Presumably some of his classmates are there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If I was cynical, I'd say it's true if only because I can see Sony making every single person in Homecoming a hero or special character that they can then begin working sequels / spin-offs for.

Also if this is true we can maybe get Tony to reprise Flash and end up with the Venom symbiote. If only because I bet it'd be hilarious to see him mock Spider-Man the same way he did Peter.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nothing will probably ever come of it, but it's smart to have that bullet in the chamber in case they choose to pull the trigger. I wouldn't be mad if they did Spider Gwen with a different origin. Have her be older, cooler, and not interested in the Avengers.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Looking her up on Wikipedia, Silk sounds like a really stupid character, but if they completely change her background then maybe it would be cool to see in a movie.

I mean, who doesn't want to see Spider-Man face off against an enemy that has similar powers to him? There's no better character than Silk for that.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Madkal posted:

Aidan Gillen (who played Little Finger in GoT) would be my pick for Sinister

The only problem is that Aidan Gillen, like most of the GoT cast, is a loving terrible actor.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

kaesarsosei posted:

The only problem is that Aidan Gillen, like most of the GoT cast, is a loving terrible actor.

I thought he was good in The Wire. :shrug:

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Jamesman posted:

Looking her up on Wikipedia, Silk sounds like a really stupid character, but if they completely change her background then maybe it would be cool to see in a movie.

I mean, who doesn't want to see Spider-Man face off against an enemy that has similar powers to him? There's no better character than Silk for that.

Silk's origin and her first appearances, as written by Slott in ASM, are definitely not good.

Her solo then promptly swept the most grievous Slottisms about her under the rug right from issue 1 and was a good book. It's a shame it ended while the much weaker Spider-Gwen has gotten to trudge on.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I feel like they should replace Mr. Sinister with Bishop instead. Make him a timecop who wants to arrest Gambit for being a blight to existence in MCU 2099. :v:

I can see the Gambit movie working if they take some cues from Lupin the 3rd and make it a silly heist film, with double and triple crosses from everyone. Maybe have Gambit be hired to steal Excalibur, and Pete Wisdom try to stop him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kaesarsosei posted:

Ooh, not good... you're going to have to leave the site now.

This is like Morally Inept and the dog bad. You don't come back from that.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
He's had 30 accents across 6 seasons of GoT, all while supposedly playing the same character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irrelevant. The price for not watching The Wire is public shaming.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He was great in Calvary as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ojjeorago posted:

He's had 30 accents across 6 seasons of GoT, all while supposedly playing the same character.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aphrodite posted:

Ooh, not good... you're going to have to leave the site now.

This is like Morally Inept and the dog bad. You don't come back from that.

This is actually worse. Mods if we're going to allow this filth it's only fair that we unban MI

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I hope Gambit drives a Charger.

And delivers a package to a bad guy and is like "Dis heauh delivera is cod, monami. Do you accep thu chahges? And then he blows them up

After I was able to parse out what you wrote I giggled like an idiot.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

(Shut it Lurdiak!)
I don't understand why they don't have the Rock play both Billy and Black Adam. A movie with a good and evil Dwayne Johnson would be delightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hell I'd watch it

• Locked thread