Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Decus posted:

Haven't messed with shades at all yet, but what brings their range to 221? Does it actually increase with chevrons for some reason?

The Shadowdart name of power gives them +35% range and makes them cause fear. So that's 35% on top of the technology boosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

So when they release the mega combined campaign, are they also going to patch in the TW1 races to skirmish and multiplayer?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So when they release the mega combined campaign, are they also going to patch in the TW1 races to skirmish and multiplayer?

I'd guess so. I'm interested in how they'll manage to balance the old races since everything seems supercharged now.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
The early game in this is such a drag. Maybe the Ror, added later units mitigated this in 1.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ammanas posted:

The early game in this is such a drag. Maybe the Ror, added later units mitigated this in 1.

I kind of like that you really need to be hustling with skaven to get going early. I couldn't wrap my head around what I was meant to be doing with dark elves because their economy is kind of confusing (slaves vs happiness and how that actually calculates when it comes to income).

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

JBP posted:

I kind of like that you really need to be hustling with skaven to get going early. I couldn't wrap my head around what I was meant to be doing with dark elves because their economy is kind of confusing (slaves vs happiness and how that actually calculates when it comes to income).

idk dark elves are pretty easy: be a colossal oval office at all possible times and enslave everything that moves, if people get annoyed at you for it, kill them and enslave them again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Whorelord posted:

idk dark elves are pretty easy: be a colossal oval office at all possible times and enslave everything that moves, if people get annoyed at you for it, kill them and enslave them again

I hosed up and occupied more territory. I was on turn 40 or so and realised I probably shouldn't have been doing that and building tall while capturing slaves. Then I started Skaven and I'm having a good time.

VVVV I took it on my secondary lord and he never fails to ambush. It's gold.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 4, 2017

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

StashAugustine posted:

I know people talk up the blue line but I'm just addicted to maxing out yellow line on all my generals at this point

The goon who suggested getting blue line ambush on Queek changed my life.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

PlushCow posted:

The goon who suggested getting blue line ambush on Queek changed my life.

Does that affect their default stance that gets them ambushes on attacks as well as the actual ambush stance?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
uh always get blue line

no matter what team you play

ambush bonus / defense? Yah that owns
Lightning strike? Lol if multi armies siege you

The rest is stupid, but those two things own

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Does that affect their default stance that gets them ambushes on attacks as well as the actual ambush stance?

As far as I can tell it affects ambush chance in general, both ambush stance and when attacking with stalk.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Don't forget you can also ambush with your garrison when sallying out while under siege. There's also a research to give you +5% ambush chance and I would be extremely happy to hear if this affects garrisons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

things I go for in generals

basic fodder improvements 4-7 points, normally makes fodder equivalent to your second tier troops
lightning strike, ambush, replenishment bonuses 7 ish points
remainder yellow, maybe mounts

mounts are generally good, but some times cost more and turn a good melee unit into a large easy to hit unit and I don't always like that

EDIT: forgot for dark elves it gets weird since infamous raider gets you more money and slaves from raiding but dreaded slaver gets you more slaves from battle

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 4, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I loving love dark elf last names

My lords now start at level 11 so I get one as soon as I pick it.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Man, I didn't think anything could beat Skaven in terms of cool new mechanics

Dark Elves though, holy poo poo.

A hero character that seems to be one of the best tanky/melee guys in the game, that can match Teclis/Mazdamundi in spellcasting fun.

3 FREE NET OF AMYHOK EVERY BATTLE. CASTABLE ANYWHERE ON THE FIELD. YEAH SURE WHY NOT. gently caress 'EM UP FAM.

Names of Power for my Dark Elf buddies, that Malekith helps level up with his exp share skill.

Slavery actually feels decently complex without being overbearing. More importantly it's really nice to have actual Public Order options on everything again.

Black Arks are hilariously fun.

All my units hustle High Elf level stats, yet unlike Tyrion and Teclis my boy Malekith has severe upkeep reducers. It ain't anything keeping together a massive army for him. I've got three armies at turn 24 on VH and am still expanding fine.

Tons of early fights against Skaven. Yes please I'd like my initial early game to be my crazy powerful elves vs the chaffest units ever. 600 vs 2k? Bring it, let's feel good about ourselves.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Kroxigors buffed by a priest are disgusting.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I can't tell if the new factions are overpowered or not. They all seem OP, but I'm also mostly fighting new factions so that should balance out.

It would be easier to tell if the AI didn't blob their army and practically attack move my line. I don't remember it being this bad in the first game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Kroxigors buffed by a priest are disgusting.

Yeah harmonic convergence on any of the lizardmen monsters turns them into death machines

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Things I would do to make the Ritual stuff better. (In my opinion)

Make the final battles much harder. Let AI retry even if they lose. Make it so that chaos stacks focus your ritual preforming settlements in greater number. Make the AI more interested in stopping other rituals.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MonsterEnvy posted:

Things I would do to make the Ritual stuff better. (In my opinion)

Make the final battles much harder. Let AI retry even if they lose. Make it so that chaos stacks focus your ritual preforming settlements in greater number. Make the AI more interested in stopping other rituals.

But that wouldn't autopilot the player towards victory.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Panfilo posted:

WH3 could have Ikrit Claw/Deathmaster Sknitch since Eshin has a presence around where the Ogres used to be from.

i see deathmaster snikch being a special regiments of renown turbo-assassin instead of a lord

eshin... really isn't big on the whole "lord-led armies" thing, they're more about small hitsquads of ninjarats murdering people in the middle of the night

e: fun fact, deathmaster snikch is one of the few skaven who has mastered the art of tri-wielding - carrying a weapon in each hand plus one in his tail (the 'tail-blade' mentioned in lord talents is usually strapped to the tail and most skaven aren't very coordinated with it) and also killed the reincarnation of sigmar before GW decided they wanted the ruler of the empire to be sigmar instead so the game would be more like 40k

President Ark fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 4, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I see Snikch as a special hero. Maybe he is only single use like that Engineer from the rites, but if you do get him he has like a 90% chance of assassinating his target.

President Ark posted:

e: fun fact, deathmaster snikch is one of the few skaven who has mastered the art of tri-wielding - carrying a weapon in each hand plus one in his tail (the 'tail-blade' mentioned in lord talents is usually strapped to the tail and most skaven aren't very coordinated with it) and also killed the reincarnation of sigmar before GW decided they wanted the ruler of the empire to be sigmar instead so the game would be more like 40k

As well in the Final Battle for Eight Peaks in the End Times. The Deathmaster killed Thorgrim (Who had killed Queek, who had killed Belgar. And a Rat under Queek had killed Gobbla causing Skarsnik to lose spirit and leave.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 4, 2017

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah I see Snikch as a special hero. Maybe he is only single use like that Engineer from the rites, but if you do get him he has like a 90% chance of assassinating his target.

I'm pretty sure you can't even assassinate lords in this game, only heroes, that would be pretty useless imo

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
CA has shown absolutely no regard for any "this character will be a hero" theories so far, so I'll believe they're interested in creating legendary heroes when I see it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

madmac posted:

CA has shown absolutely no regard for any "this character will be a hero" theories so far, so I'll believe they're interested in creating legendary heroes when I see it.

They made the Green Knight a hero.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

They made the Green Knight a hero.

Yep. And they also made Isabella, Ghorst, and Grombrindal Legendary lords, and Krell is a summon. The half of the FLC chart we can see so far is also 80% new Legendary Lords.

The odds of any given character being implemented as a hero is still really, really low.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ravenfood posted:

Since each new race pack is supposed to come with 4 LLs (instead of the mini-campaigns) I think that they might be increasing the number of LLs in the race addon packs or making them race specific instead of paired off against each other. So instead of Grim and the Grave giving you a few extra units and lords to both VC and Empire, you might have a Skaven pack that adds two LLs and more units to Skaven instead. I can't decide whether they'll go that route because then they can easily be accused of shorting the release rosters deliberately, but if they don't do that, the extra races will have more LLs than the release races which seems a little strange too.

I think they said 4 LLs total, so we'll end up with 2 per side per DLC. Only welfs only have 2 LLs in 1, with Bret/Emp/Beastmen having 2 and everyone else having 4 or more (including different factions with the same roster)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The Shadowdart name of power gives them +35% range and makes them cause fear. So that's 35% on top of the technology boosts.
Is that one of the options for the middle one? So far I've picked one each and was kind of underwhelmed in general. I'd love to see a master list of the possible options though. Its a neat bonus and I'll always take a Name of Power, but I waffle on the best way to build lords still. All I know is I'd love shades with that kind of range, goddamn.

Tardcore posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't even assassinate lords in this game, only heroes, that would be pretty useless imo
I think that's the different between the assassinate action and the "wound" action that my death hags have, but I'm not sure.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I think they said 4 LLs total, so we'll end up with 2 per side per DLC. Only welfs only have 2 LLs in 1, with Bret/Emp/Beastmen having 2 and everyone else having 4 or more (including different factions with the same roster)

What they said was specifically that campaign packs (eg like Beastmen or Wood Elves, not Chaos, Brettonia, or Norsca) would now have 2 extra LLs instead of the bundled mini-campaigns. They've specifically said this doesn't apply to regular Race Packs and they haven't said anything indicating Lord Packs are being done differently.

Even if 4 is the new magic number, they'll hit that easily for the new world races by doing two Lord Packs and 4 free Legendary Lords. Hell, the FLC array they already put out shows one free Legendary Lord for each race (dark elves are half obscured)

The main drivers for LL inequality in the first game was a combination of Empire getting boned with no free LL and Vampires getting an excessive amount of love. Otherwise Wood Elves got hosed somewhat by being the last DLC race and no FLC. Norsca also, though they only came out 6 weeks ago.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I wisht this game had shipped with a full gore option. It sucks to see enemies with 1 million arrows sticking out of them and then just falling down. I'm excited for mortal empires because I'm going to kill every non human and karl franz will reign supreme.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Goddamn, I've been playing Skaven and having a blast and finally beat a campaign. Booted up Krox'gar's and holy poo poo his Feral Stegodon is invincible and just racks up hundreds of kills while the Sauruses awkwardly waddle in to get a sword in edgewise.

I love big dinosaurs stomping on everything. :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Everyone in this game is good and I have no idea how they made the Ponce Elves fun to play, too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Just had Teclis rack up 1600 kills in one loving battle because the AI decided to blob all its guys in one spot in a forest and never attack despite instigating an ambush. I like the game but the AI is loving broken sometimes

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Did they ever come out with regiments of renown for the beastmen?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah, they're pretty good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, they're pretty cool, the RoR cygor has a bound net spell

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I do wonder how the old world races as-is would stack up against the 4 new races, absurd campaign bonuses aside, what would dwarves begin to do against a skaven army that out-sieges them and drowns them in rats?

How is greenskin morale gonna handle fighting from every direction?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I do wonder how the old world races as-is would stack up against the 4 new races, absurd campaign bonuses aside, what would dwarves begin to do against a skaven army that out-sieges them and drowns them in rats?

Die. Dwarves die when they are outgunned, and the skaven will be good at doing just that.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

All the factions still lacking them got RoRs in the Norsca update, so Chaos, Brettonia, and Welves all did too. The Minotaurs RoR causes Terror and gets regen, while the Bestigors get halberds which I think puts that as one of the more unique RoRs in terms of deviation from the base unit. The Welf Treekin get fire resistance and a fire resist aura which I think is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

All the factions still lacking them got RoRs in the Norsca update, so Chaos, Brettonia, and Welves all did too. The Minotaurs RoR causes Terror and gets regen, while the Bestigors get halberds which I think puts that as one of the more unique RoRs in terms of deviation from the base unit. The Welf Treekin get fire resistance and a fire resist aura which I think is hilarious.

Brets also get a foot squires with halberds