Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got Cid Raines and Nabaat BSBs on first pull... Now mythril rationing decisions must be made with my remaining 65...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

KataraniSword posted:

• Equip +weapon damage RM (since there's no +non-elemental or +combat, and +atk is gonna slam into nothingness against the soft cap). That means, in Cloud's case, his own Lv99 RM, Truthseeker. Use Lifesiphon to ramp up to USB ASAP, if you need to, and to bridge between EX Mode pops.
  • You'll generally need at least three buffs for the really solid numbers, which means usually Shout and at least one stacking +ATK buff (History's Truth or Vessel of Fate/Hyper Mighty G work for this, but there's others, too), plus Chant or Lucky Stars for the +50% Critical Damage. Zack CSB is notable with Native Cloud USB not so much for the Wind Chain (though that helps a lot if you have Cloud's BSB2), but for the ATK +50% and +50% Critical Damage on one SB. Getting to the ATK softcap is most important, then the +Crit Damage (since it's a flat upgrade as opposed to dealing with other caps). If Cloud is already brushing up against 700 Atk without buffs then prioritize Chant above all else.
  • If you're using Omega Drive for DPS/non-elemental shenanigans then you're going to need to get a bit lucky with procs; the damage on OD is good, but being a 6* means hones are limited so you want to milk as much damage out of each use as you can, which means getting good doublecasts.
  • For reference, a "standard" amount on A+ bosses will be somewhere around 15-20k per hit, so roughly 60-80k per cast. For something like Omega Apex (or Magicite bosses, for that matter), the DEF pulls down your damage expectations. I don't have hard numbers but I'd figure you're looking at roughly halved damage output. Armor Breakdown/Vaan BSB/etc helps, but break resistance means you'll have to stack more to get a huge effect.

Keep in mind this is all off the hip from pure observation, and I do not actually have Cloud USB. If anyone else wants to chip in and offer more in-depth help, please, feel free.

Breaking is a good way to add 5-10k per hit with Omega Drive. Triple breaking with Armor breakdown, Multibreak, and Mug Bloodlust nets me around 20k per hit against d300 torment bosses. I can easily hit 25k if I'm stacking SB breaks on top of that.

You also need to use moves with big multiplers. Generally speaking most bsb commands are going to be weaker than 5-6* abilities.

With the exception of cloud's own Cloud Cycle bsb which is super meaty. I would reccomend trying it. Comboing bsb into usb into cmd 2 into bsb again easily can take off half a torment bosses hp.

Cloud USB confused me at first, but its definitely worth building a team around. Its not nearly hard to understand when you do it once and really fun to see HUGE numbers fly out.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 3, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Dr Pepper posted:

Well this is a thing.

But hey, got another BSB Medica and got Lightning's USB, which is my first weapon for her and my main frontline FFXIII synergy weapon!

welcome to the 8* moogle club. We don't serve much because it stains the dolls

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Infidel Castro posted:

RNG has abandoned me. Just used 40 Stam on a round with all three rounds being having the two trash mobs. Not even one loving cactaur.

It happens. Pretty sure that's happened at least a few times to me. Not that I even care about non-giant Cactuars right now...

Anyway. 59 prizes left on the board and I haven't used a single refresh. This nightmare is almost over.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
You guys were right about Zack CSB. It makes using Cloud USB so much easier and there's no damage loss. Only drawback is that Zack can't Wrath/Entrust like Ramza can but it doesn't seem to matter too much.

I was able to take down Hydra a 2nd time but no mastery yet because I didn't optimize and because I got unlucky with Omega Drive procs.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still about 200 items shy on the Roulette with like 195 max stamina and probably five refreshes thus far

This is stupid

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

You guys were right about Zack CSB. It makes using Cloud USB so much easier and there's no damage loss. Only drawback is that Zack can't Wrath/Entrust like Ramza can but it doesn't seem to matter too much.

I was able to take down Hydra a 2nd time but no mastery yet because I didn't optimize and because I got unlucky with Omega Drive procs.

Getting Zack's CSB up and running quickly will be a lot easier once his legend dive comes out with the next FF7 event about a month from now. His LM2 is one of the "Start with haste and 3 stacks of insta-cast" so he can Lifesiphon 3 times and then hit the CSB on his turn 4, which will be most other character's turn 2 or 3.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nice! No native Zack CSB is holding back my team's potential; might still be a good idea to RW it as often as possible outside of Magicite though, as Zack is a dead weight character otherwise.

Anyway, if you don't already, just always be sure to play with timing of SB activations. Purposefully delaying one character's SB until someone else goes first is key to a lot of the tougher content. Also, insta-cast character really make Cloud's USB shine, for obvious reasons of more damage within his EX mode.

Finally, don't underestimate the power of en-elements. RW'ing BSBs and whatever are really only effective on Cloud if they carry an en-element that you can exploit with either Spellblades or Samurai abilities, that multiplier makes such a huge difference.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Pander posted:

when you upgrade items, there's a section called "augments 1/20" or 3/25 or whatever.

Those numbers are the augments given by:
1) combining identical relics
2) upgrading the relic with rosetta stones.

Each rosetta stone added to the augment confers +1 to whatever the dominant stat is (atk for physical weapons, mag for magical, mind for healing relics, def for most armor).

Rosettas are uncommon, showing up in batches of 5(?) per event at the U++ (I think). so you can't just rosetta up everything but when you have a really good 6* weapon with a non-realm-locked elemental boost it's often worth it. It's generally a bad idea to rosetta up armor, because the gains for each point of defense aren't as important as atk/mag.

For instance I'm gonna save up to augment the lightning USB sword I just got cause it's my best +lightning weapon by FAR (my others are lightning steel, an old tidus sword, and kain's BSB spear which is fine except most of my spellblade users can't equip it).

Useful addition just for the sake of efficiency: Rosetta also provide XP in addition to the augment, so if you plan to Rosetta something just go ahead and do that first. Upgrade Materials mean nothing, of course, but still saves you an unnecessary step.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
240 stamina and no chips yet today.

hopefully if I complain in thread enough they'll remember me

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Managed to get three rounds of 3900 Chip drops in a row and I'm finally done. Shelke, Tidus and Squall enjoyed the extra levelling, but I wish I did this earlier when Dark/Ice orbs were available.

Now to catch up on the VI event I've been ignoring.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Dear friends, convince me not to roll on the Soundtrack banner. I could spare a pull, and could use at least six of the items on it (especially Celes' BSB1), but all of the ssbs are utter trash (and Noctis SSB dupe) and I would never use Shantotto's and Kefka's bursts.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Mastered Hydra. Thanks to a few minor optimizations and some good RNG.

:sweatdrop:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
JS Torment Bahamut is a steaming bag of dicks, I managed to beat him but I had several failed runs where he had an invisible pixel of health left by the time I ran out of steam and his heals made it impossible to win :argh:

I both hate and respect whoever designed this fight.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

alansmithee posted:

Just wondering, who would you put ahead, even with USBs considered? About the only thing I don't take him on is magicite since dark/holy haven't been released here yet. But outside of those, basically unless they absorb holy & dark he's coming along if I want mages. And even in some cases if I don't run full mages since he can buff himself up. Really the only break I have I'd consider better than his would be Cloud USB which is frankly stupid and probably a mistake (with an honorable mention to Rosa USB).

Also just wondering, has he gotten a USB in Japan yet?

Vivi/Ashe/Edea/Shantotto/Ysayle surge ahead with their USBs in terms of independent damage.

In addition, most of Raines' huge damage comes from his instantcast on command 1; if you have, say, Noctis SSB, that gives everyone else (bar Alphinaud) a boost which is wasted on Raines.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Figures when I need chips, I get 3 rounds of Gigantaurs in a row. (not actually complaining, it's better than three rounds of trash)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

240 stamina and no chips yet today.

hopefully if I complain in thread enough they'll remember me

Two more refreshes later and I've gotten one group of knights who dropped the minimum.

A+ design

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I went from 1 magicite (Hydra) completed to 3 (Sealion and Liquid Flame) today, thanks to the fest

I can't seem to scratch Golem though, even with Alphinaud and Fujin BSBs on hand. Probably because I've so far refused to use an entruster.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ceaselessfuture posted:

Dear friends, convince me not to roll on the Soundtrack banner. I could spare a pull, and could use at least six of the items on it (especially Celes' BSB1), but all of the ssbs are utter trash (and Noctis SSB dupe) and I would never use Shantotto's and Kefka's bursts.

Why Celes' BSB1?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Nihilarian posted:

I went from 1 magicite (Hydra) completed to 3 (Sealion and Liquid Flame) today, thanks to the fest

I can't seem to scratch Golem though, even with Alphinaud and Fujin BSBs on hand. Probably because I've so far refused to use an entruster.

If your goal is completion, then Fujin and Alphi BSBs should be more than capable DPS, even without Entrust bots speeding them along. What are your buffing/healing options?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why Celes' BSB1?

Need a faithga, need both Ice and Holy DPS, I like Celes :shrug:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ceaselessfuture posted:

Fair enough, but yeah even having 6 relics you want still feels too risky when you consider the duds on the banner.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ceaselessfuture posted:

It hasn't aged well at all. Save your pull for something good.

The fire damage on it is really sub par and the boost is replicated by a bunch of better breaks.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Sounds great, thanks for tempering my willpower guys :)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

paperwind posted:

If your goal is completion, then Fujin and Alphi BSBs should be more than capable DPS, even without Entrust bots speeding them along. What are your buffing/healing options?
i've been using Yuna BSB2, Garnet SSB2 and Onion BSB for buffing/healing. I also have Garnet BSB2, a couple flavors of Sheepsong, and Raines BSB.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Hell yesss, finally got mastery on this fuckface with less than 30 minutes to go... I beat him two times before this and managed to get 2CM with Luneth and OK, but no mastery.

My two new pickups during the stupid chase on Phase 3 definitely helped for this one heh. Still a super poverty build tho. I ditched wall and protectga just to try and kill him as fast as possible, but I had to get real lucky on the damage spread RNG.

This is also the first Torment I've fully completed as well, hooray for progress!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Wait, has there been any official word about the Crystal Tower selection list?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

jebeebus posted:

Hell yesss, finally got mastery on this fuckface with less than 30 minutes to go... I beat him two times before this and managed to get 2CM with Luneth and OK, but no mastery.

My two new pickups during the stupid chase on Phase 3 definitely helped for this one heh. Still a super poverty build tho. I ditched wall and protectga just to try and kill him as fast as possible, but I had to get real lucky on the damage spread RNG.

This is also the first Torment I've fully completed as well, hooray for progress!

Congrats dude. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Pulled on Banner 5 and got Alph's and Lightning's USB, so that's cool. Waiting to pick the gem crystal tower pull until the mithril crystal tower but I'm leaning towards Raines or Vaans BSB.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Completed the Nightmare dungeons finally!!!

Some thoughts:

Some of these I haven't mastered (some Major orbs and a small handful of crystals, whatever), the overwhelming majority of which I have mastered.

Quadruple Foul:

I read the description of this, and I got really confused. On top of the fact I have zero breakdown BSBs and only 2 of the nightmare boosted characters I have at a high level, I watched a few videos of how to play it.

Apparently, you can simply brute force it, which was waaaaaay easier. Bring enough atk boosts and noctis usb and zell bsb and just slam your fist into his face. The gimmick sounded like a huge pain in the rear end, and I hate puzzles.

Neo Bahamut:

First time I tried this I brought all my summons, plus Rydia and Seymour (my only BSB summons), and I ripped into him bringing him to Phase 2 before he made any orbs. Of course, I failed. I went slower again, this time trying to cast these without doing too much damage to him to hit the resists, and it was fine. Easier than I expected.

Valigarmanda:

I read the guide on reddit, I saw the image saying what to cast, and watched a few videos. Couldn't figure out how to deal with the banners. The banners change too fast for me to compensate. Ultimately though, probably through random chance, I ended up getting a mastery on it. That's one fight I'm never bothering to figure out the "right way".

Meltdown:

Not sure what the gimmick was, I hit him a bunch and he died. I don't remember anything about this fight...

Northern Cross:

Someone said to bring Halting Rumba. This made the fight a complete joke, as it stops the tonberries from moving. TBH they were moving faster than I liked anyways.

Curada:

Easier than I expected, though Healing BSBs are my strongpoint :\

Reraise:

Maybe this was hard at some point, but nice and straightforward and simple. Just how I like it.

Affliction Break:

This one can go gently caress a rake. Having to remember which one means what and which breakdown with what character to hit with what breakdown sucks.

Omega Drive:

This one was not too bad. Picking which orbs was annoying but tolerable.

Dervish:

Can't say I particularly remember this one (completed months ago)

Ultima:

Same as above.

Crushdown:

Same as above.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 4, 2017

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Completed the Nightmare dungeons finally!!!

Some thoughts:

Some of these I haven't mastered (some Major orbs and a small handful of crystals, whatever), the overwhelming majority of which I have mastered.

Quadruple Foul:

I read the description of this, and I got really confused. On top of the fact I have zero breakdown BSBs and only 2 of the nightmare boosted characters I have at a high level, I watched a few videos of how to play it.

Apparently, you can simply brute force it, which was waaaaaay easier. Bring enough atk boosts and noctis usb and zell bsb and just slam your fist into his face. The gimmick sounded like a huge pain in the rear end, and I hate puzzles.

Neo Bahamut:

First time I tried this I brought all my summons, plus Rydia and Seymour (my only BSB summons), and I ripped into him bringing him to Phase 2 before he made any orbs. Of course, I failed. I went slower again, this time trying to cast these without doing too much damage to him to hit the resists, and it was fine. Easier than I expected.

Valigarmanda:

I read the guide on reddit, I saw the image saying what to cast, and watched a few videos. Couldn't figure out how to deal with the banners. The banners change too fast for me to compensate. Ultimately though, probably through random chance, I ended up getting a mastery on it. That's one fight I'm never bothering to figure out the "right way".

Meltdown:

Not sure what the gimmick was, I hit him a bunch and he died. I don't remember anything about this fight...

Northern Cross:

Someone said to bring Halting Rumba. This made the fight a complete joke, as it stops the tonberries from moving. TBH they were moving faster than I liked anyways.

Curada:

Easier than I expected, though Healing BSBs are my strongpoint :\

Reraise:

Maybe this was hard at some point, but nice and straightforward and simple. Just how I like it.

Congratulations! I just got done unlocking all of the 1 stamina fights for the 7 I still need to do, hopefully I'll get them done tonight or tomorrow.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Reraise:

Ahahahaha you have no idea how awful this fight was when it first came out.

First off, there was very little offensive white magic stuff. Nowadays you have quite a few White Mage BSBs that can do some damage. But back then all we had were Diaga and more Diaga.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dr Pepper posted:

Ahahahaha you have no idea how awful this fight was when it first came out.

First off, there was very little offensive white magic stuff. Nowadays you have quite a few White Mage BSBs that can do some damage. But back then all we had were Diaga and more Diaga.

Now imagine it 6 months earlier in Japan when people hadn't had time to think "oh hey what happens if we use Ninja magic instead?". Abyss Evrae Altana was an infuriating 8 hour experience from first time I saw it to finally mastering it the next morning. And yeah, having to make and hone 5 extra Diagas was bullshit.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Selphie's BSB was almost perfect for it if it wasn't for that pesky Instant Death proc attached to it. I think it came out like a month after?

Selphie and Yda had the only MND buffs at the time, and Selphie's Burst even had a 2-hit spell to use for damage.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

Selphie's BSB was almost perfect for it if it wasn't for that pesky Instant Death proc attached to it. I think it came out like a month after?

Selphie and Yda had the only MND buffs at the time, and Selphie's Burst even had a 2-hit spell to use for damage.

That Instant Death proc would be fine if the mirrors did not explicitly counter instant death effects by doing 25% MaxHP AoE, in order to dissuade Raise cheese.

Instead, you get Selphie's burst leading to your party getting wiped.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Vivi's legend dive is real, you guys. After helping me to sub-30 Golem last night, I had to have a go at Hydra.

100 Wisdom and 100 Spirit motes well spent.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I wish I had a single relic for Vivi, that looks fun.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I wish I had a single relic for Vivi, that looks fun.

Know what's nice about this? I literally did not need to use a single SB of his. It was entirely on the strength of Meltdown.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Could you post your setups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

when the gently caress is that girl dressup dungeon coming to GL because I demand Rydia adult sprite asap

• Locked thread