Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This works. Back when this was still a kickstarter, someone made a big post with an indepth breakdown of the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Yeah once you start using his old screen name you've got a bunch of people making remarks about his trash past.

https://twitter.com/MadameColeen/status/555190270674104321
https://twitter.com/DaringVulpix/status/373691337054232576
https://twitter.com/Robbydude/status/341704824515076099

None of this seems to have been of any sort of consequence to him though. It's kinda weird most of these call-outs happened when the game was first announced but they didn't seem to matter. Guess people really wanted a new collectathon super badly and the next 3D Mario game hadn't even been announced at the time of the Kickstarter.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm probably gonna get A Hat in Time sometime because it's a video game I want to play

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

idgi... i never got into podcast culture--poo poo, i've had an account with youtube since 2005 and i have like under a dozen subs there--so you gotta elaborate on this for me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think back when it was just getting off the ground, someone in the kickstarter mentioned they'd gotten into contact with the guy once and said he was trying to make up for all the poo poo he'd done from like 2000-2013, but that was so long back i can't remember who posted that or if anybody even posted it at all

e; actually that might have just been someone who knew the guy once and was just being hopeful, rip. i did hear mention of some recent thing with him not paying devs but i wasn't able to find anything googling about it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 4, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What was that cool looking game at E3 everyone immediately did a 180 on because the creator turned out to be a terrible person

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

idgi... i never got into podcast culture--poo poo, i've had an account with youtube since 2005 and i have like under a dozen subs there--so you gotta elaborate on this for me.

they're referencing:
friends at the table - austin walker's tabletop rpg podcast
welcome to nightvale - a surreal horror fiction podcast, definitely helped that whole subgenre of podcasts take off
my brother, my brother, and me - a comedic advice podcast by the mcelroy brothers (mostly of polygon fame)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

What was that cool looking game at E3 everyone immediately did a 180 on because the creator turned out to be a terrible person

The Last Night, a game about a future where thought police and liberals destroy society because people don't have to work anymore or some such.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

in the future, furries won't need fursonas

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

At first I thought that was the birdguy from mischief makers

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I'm sad that we probably won't ever get to hear Tom Brier play anything from the Cuphead OST :(

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

System Shock 2 updated, they added the Burial at Sea DLC

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't conduct an extensive background check on Hat in Time man when I backed it like 4 years ago or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't conduct an extensive background check on Hat in Time man when I backed it like 4 years ago or whatever.

You're sentenced to death for your crimes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really don't care if game creators are douchebags as long as it doesn't show up in the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When does ew2 come out? Next week?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
didn't welcome to night vale start out here somehow?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

zack parsons wrote a couple of early episodes for welcome to nightvale

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I've never played a Metroid; where would be a good place to start?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Super Metroid and Zero Mission are the two good Metroid games, and two of the greatest games ever made.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Super Metroid

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anything other than the first two, other m or any of the spin-offs should be fine. maybe not fusion if you want the explorey stuff

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fusion is worth a play just because SA-X is cool. You do have to adjust your expectations on the exploration, though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Play super metroid to appreciate what makes it good, then play metroid prime 1 and 2 to see that realized in 3D

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just beat my first Personal Mission in Heat Signature. Feels pretty good! I was wondering how you were supposed to assault such heavily-guarded ships but when I realized that I was probably retiring the character afterwards I just went balls-out and got like 15 grenade launchers and super-gadgets.

Also I just realized after three hours of play that those orange crates on ships were loot chests :doh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i'm not sure what feelings i should have about gun hazard having a south african chief named bongo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After all the build up Pyramid Head has in the early goings of SH2 I was expecting a Clock Tower style indestructible periodic antagonist but I guess you kinda stand a few feet away from him and plug him with 40 9MM slugs and he simpers into a puddle of water...very weird, tonally clashes with the rest of the game. Still loving Silent Hill 2 though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Colonel posted:

i'm not sure what feelings i should have about gun hazard having a south african chief named bongo

oh thats why it didnt come out in english

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

After all the build up Pyramid Head has in the early goings of SH2 I was expecting a Clock Tower style indestructible periodic antagonist but I guess you kinda stand a few feet away from him and plug him with 40 9MM slugs and he simpers into a puddle of water...very weird, tonally clashes with the rest of the game. Still loving Silent Hill 2 though

SH2 feels like one of those games that only has bosses because it's a videogame and videogames have bosses, not because they thought it actually needed them. That said a couple of the later ones are visually cool.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

In Training posted:

pyramid head is cool for what he represents in sh2 more than how easy or hard he is as a boss. the actual fights with him are piss easy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm also glad he didn't stalk you throughout the whole game because that was the worst part of SH4 and my least favourite thing about modern horror games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

SH2 feels like one of those games that only has bosses because it's a videogame and videogames have bosses, not because they thought it actually needed them. That said a couple of the later ones are visually cool.

Same with SH1 kinda, outside of the final boss which was really great and thematically interesting. Like, nobody would miss that weird scorpion thing or whatever that fell out of a parasite eve game and dies in 5 shotgun slugs

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I liked the lizard boss in SH1 because it contextualizes Harry Mason as a fairy tale heroic knight fighting a dragon to ultimately rescue a princess from a castle.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm also glad he didn't stalk you throughout the whole game because that was the worst part of SH4 and my least favourite thing about modern horror games.
its weird that the big bad guy stalking you type of horror game hasn't really advanced since clock tower on the SNES. that game was hella scary though

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

From the company that brought you this!

In Training posted:

I went through a weird regression with Silent Hill 2. It was neat when it released but it's a great step back in design from SH1 which is a pretty tense survival horror game with aggressive enemies and deliberate level design that makes running difficult. SH2 has weak monsters that are easily dispatched with a pole and you're never really threatened by anything. But a lot of people argue "that's the point" with the story being what it is but it doesn't mean that SH2 is... kind of boring to play. Memorable, beautiful, still haunting but boy do I never want to play it again.

lets hang out posted:

oh thats why it didnt come out in english

C18's watching you, you communist, friend of the family-loving, Paki cunts.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Silent Hill 1 is incredibly easy too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yikes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah SH1 is about as easy as SH2. Hell even the indoor spaces of 1 were wider than 2 so you could juke enemies out pretty easily, the indoor parts of two at least force you to pull out that lumber and get to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I will say I didn't find some of SH1's controls super intuitive though.

Like that game actually has a Resident Evil 3 style quick turn but I didn't know until I was almost done with it. Or decently far in at any rate.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 4, 2017

• Locked thread