Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That's designed to make the no vote look bad right?

E. Logan, nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

That's designed to make the no vote look bad right?

E. Queensland, nvm
Fixed for accuracy.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I'm shocked, shocked that the maker of this sign has no idea what a vagina looks like.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

I'm the 4% of people who have already voted but don't know what they voted for.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Yeah dont think you have a source on this buddy since Buckingham voted for it in 2012 but keep fighting for nsw independence from federal intrusion fight on

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

People who don't think marriage should be a thing, tree tories, protest voters, etc.

If you really want an odd result for the Greens, look at this survey.

trotskyists, presumably

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Real Housewives of Gomorrah is my new name for the No Campaign ad ladies.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

BBJoey posted:

trotskyists, presumably

The bourgeois sees his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the instruments of production are to be exploited in common, and, naturally, can come to no other conclusion that the lot of being common to all will likewise fall to the women.
He has not even a suspicion that the real point aimed at is to do away with the status of women as mere instruments of production. For the rest, nothing is more ridiculous than the virtuous indignation of our bourgeois at the community of women which, they pretend, is to be openly and officially established by the Communists. The Communists have no need to introduce community of women; it has existed almost from time immemorial.
Our bourgeois, not content with having wives and daughters of their proletarians at their disposal, not to speak of common prostitutes, take the greatest pleasure in seducing each other’s wives. 
Bourgeois marriage is, in reality, a system of wives in common and thus, at the most, what the Communists might possibly be reproached with is that they desire to introduce, in substitution for a hypocritically concealed, an openly legalised community of women. For the rest, it is self-evident that the abolition of the present system of production must bring with it the abolition of the community of women springing from that system, i.e., of prostitution both public and private.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The left is in for a shock when all these youtube watching tweens and teens are able to vote and will vote based on funny Memes, pewdiepie and pepe.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
To be fair we were the first internet teenagers really and SA was a pioneer of memes. We didn't end up voting based on pusher bots, bigpeeler, geno or our bases.

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

BBJoey posted:

trotskyists, presumably

most of the trots (i.e. the salties) are super into gay marriage, they see ssm rallies as a good way of recruiting lgbt teens into the glorious vanguard. i doubt trots in the greens would be that different.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

excuse me you cant have them, they're for the gay agenda

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Fauxbot posted:

most of the trots (i.e. the salties) are super into gay marriage, they see ssm rallies as a good way of recruiting lgbt teens into the glorious vanguard. i doubt trots in the greens would be that different.

Back at the marches for SSM in late 2000s there was a lot of pissed offedness at SAlt for trying to co-opt every single left with agenda. It was really bad at the SSM ones because then it was a loose coalition but the SAlt really fought to be in charge and tryong to morph it into some Trotskyite policy pissing off everyone else.

It also contributed to the downfall of pro-Palestine uni activism because they took that over too so any movement against Israel Nationalism got lumped in with Full Stalinist Jewish Purges Now.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lid posted:

To be fair we were the first internet teenagers really and SA was a pioneer of memes. We didn't end up voting based on pusher bots, bigpeeler, geno or our bases.

Speak for yourself. My voting has been driven by bases belongingship.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
There were also the two guys dressed as Guy Fawkes marching in the SSM with signs about Anonymous. That was loving weird.

I really on a personal level hope the Che Guevera signs poo poo have vanished by now, that was a 30 year old meme.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

foolish_fool posted:

18% of greens voters think no. How does that even happen.

Lid posted:

Yeah dont think you have a source on this buddy since Buckingham voted for it in 2012 but keep fighting for nsw independence from federal intrusion fight on

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

Lid posted:

Back at the marches for SSM in late 2000s there was a lot of pissed offedness at SAlt for trying to co-opt every single left with agenda. It was really bad at the SSM ones because then it was a loose coalition but the SAlt really fought to be in charge and tryong to morph it into some Trotskyite policy pissing off everyone else.

It also contributed to the downfall of pro-Palestine uni activism because they took that over too so any movement against Israel Nationalism got lumped in with Full Stalinist Jewish Purges Now.

they do seem to genuinely have a lot more queer members now, so from their perspective the ssm campaign would be a great success.

it's a shame that they have to alienate everyone so much by being so ineffectual and... culty

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

What? Jeremy Buckingham is to blame for Greens Against SSM?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Lid posted:

I don't know. I think slenderman played into the NTATA vote.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Oh goooood.

"A proposed uniform law to allow terrorism suspects to be held without charge for 14 days is constitutional because a judge will have to approve extended detention, Malcolm Turnbull has said."

EDIT: jesus gently caress

"At a media conference in Canberra, the AFP commissioner, Andrew Colvin, said when investigating terrorism offences police “don’t have the normal luxury to watch, to wait, collect evidence before we act”."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/04/turnbull-defends-proposed-anti-terrorism-laws-as-constitutional

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
How long can we hold the people that sent me a SSM text message?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

hooman posted:

Oh goooood.

"A proposed uniform law to allow terrorism suspects to be held without charge for 14 days is constitutional because a judge will have to approve extended detention, Malcolm Turnbull has said."

"At a media conference in Canberra, the AFP commissioner, Andrew Colvin, said when investigating terrorism offences police “don’t have the normal luxury to watch, to wait, collect evidence before we act”."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/04/turnbull-defends-proposed-anti-terrorism-laws-as-constitutional

I can't believe these arguments still work 16 years later. On the other hand, this is what a government with nothing to offer anyone looks like.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The AFP is one of the most trusted institutions in the country (for some reason).

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

hooman posted:

Oh goooood.

I'm sure this story is unrelated:

Malcolm Turnbull calls for driver's licence photos to be added to national database to help fight terrorism

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The AFP is one of the most trusted institutions in the country (for some reason).

Confusion with Agence France-Presse?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the average australian loves cops, is borderline with gay people ("i'm happy for them to marry but could they stop being so obvious about it?") and is transphobic, why is this understanding so elusive

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
“I genuinely believe that the decision by Malcolm Fraser to have this postal vote is the worst economic decision made by any Prime Minister since Federation,” Mr Hawke said.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

open24hours posted:

I can't believe these arguments still work 16 years later. On the other hand, this is what a government with nothing to offer anyone looks like.

Why can't we wait to collect evidence for terrorism related things but when someones ex partner stalks them, threatens them, and very clearly is going to kill them the Police will often do nothing until they actually do something substantial?

How is this any different? Terrorists in Australia rarely kill more people in one go then your standard violent partner offing the kids and wife/husband.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Konomex posted:

How is this any different? Terrorists in Australia rarely kill more people in one go then your standard violent partner offing the kids and wife/husband.

Sounds like something a terrist would say.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

MikeJF posted:

Sounds like something a terrist would say.

Here's a thought. How many terrorists are plotting their actions behind the guise of being a disgruntled ex husband, upset at the family courts?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Julian Assange isn't strictly a terrorist though

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Konomex posted:

Why can't we wait to collect evidence for terrorism related things but when someones ex partner stalks them, threatens them, and very clearly is going to kill them the Police will often do nothing until they actually do something substantial?

Because we only care when someone might kill a white man.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Not many people have actually met one.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

QLD premier comes out against donations from developers, I wonder what her opinion is on donations from mining companies???

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It’s funny that police have to use weird technical terms for everything when they talk to the media (It’s because whenever they use more natural language they always sound like fascists.)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

It’s funny that police have to use weird technical terms for everything when they talk to the media (It’s because whenever they use more natural language they always sound like fascists.)

"like "

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

We used the appropriate amount of force to adequately subdue the suspect in a manner which doesn't harm the public

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

A ReachTEL poll for Sky News, conducted on Thursday from an unusually big sample of 4888, has Labor’s two-party lead at 53-47, out from 52-48 at the previous poll on August 23. The primary votes are all but unchanged, with the Coalition steady on 34.5%, Labor down 0.3% to 36.4%, the Greens down 0.1% to 10.2% and One Nation up 0.6% to 11.0%. On 2016 election flows, the result would have come in at 54-46. The poll has Malcolm Turnbull leading Bill Shorten 51.7-48.3 on preferred prime minister; Turnbull’s performance rated as very good or good by 26%, average by 34% and poor or very poor by 39%; Bill Shorten’s respective numbers coming in at 31%, 31% and 37%.

Ppm narrowed significantly.

quote:

Queensland Opposition leader Tim Nicholls has left the door open to governing with One Nation support by accepting the minor party’s vote on the floor of parliament after the next state election.

In a softening of his language towards Pauline Hanson’s resurgent party, Mr Nicholls again ruled out a coalition with One Nation but said after the election, the government would have to “deal with the parliament that Queensland elects”.

“No deal, no coalition, no room at the cabinet table,” Mr Nicholls said when asked whether he would rely on One Nation’s vote at any time.

“Anything after that, and anything after the election, is purely hypothetical.

“I think governments need to deal with the parliament that Queensland elects and we’ve always said we’ll deal with the situation as Annastacia Palaszczuk has done with the Katters (crossbenchers) and the independents in this parliament

Recent polls have predicted neither major party will be able to govern in its own right, and would need to form minority government with One Nation support.

Asked whether he would rule out accepting One Nation’s vote on the floor of Queensland parliament, Mr Nicholls said he would “wait and see” what the election delivered.

“I say to the people of Queensland, if you want to get change, the only way you’ll get change is voting one for the LNP,” he said.

Australia.”

“We’ll wait and see what the people of Queensland deliver; in the meantime we’ll go for every vote.”

`Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk attacked Mr Nicholls over his comments.

“You cannot trust Tim Nicholls,” Ms Palaszczuk said.

“I have been saying this time and time again. He will do a deal with One Nation to try and sneak into government. I have ruled out a deal with One Nation. I need the people of this state to give our government a majority so we can get on with the job of providing services to the people of Queensland.”

LNP gearing up to ally with ONP

Anidav fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

LNP allied with ONP

• Locked thread