Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Chapter 4-3 - The Mine [Polsy]

Leon breathes fresh air for only a while before delving back down into the Castle's mine. More smelly villagers and lunatic chainsaw wielders, but we have a brand new upgrade to get us through. Also, more petty arguments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
The Syphon Filter LP was one LP composed of 6 games.

...which I am currently in the middle of rewatching right now, actually.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

The total number of games Lune's LP'd (counting the Syphon Filter games) is 9. 10, counting this one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does the shotgun just deal random (or at least highly variant) damage to things in its cone of effect? Or are some bugs just sturdier than other bugs?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Glazius posted:

Does the shotgun just deal random (or at least highly variant) damage to things in its cone of effect? Or are some bugs just sturdier than other bugs?

It's dependent on the number of pellets that hit enemies, and their placement is random within the cone.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Also, if they're flying, the Novistiadors only have 1 HP, instead of the 20-odd they do when walking about.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sel Nar posted:

Also, if they're flying, the Novistiadors only have 1 HP, instead of the 20-odd they do when walking about.

I found out lately that they LITERALLY have 1 HP. I always knew the flying ones were way weaker than their grounded brethren and normally die in one shot, but in my latest playthrough I was shocked when I shot one with a 0.8 damage TMP bullet and it didn't die.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 4-4 - The Tower [Polsy]

Leon stumbles upon Saladbar's statue of impotence and gets to work while Coolguy shares with us a story of ye olde tymes about a certain miserable elf creature that will haunt him 'til the end of his days. Leon shows off his olympic knife throwing skills and finally...

gets...the hell out of there...

right :mad:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i want it on record this story was dragged out of me.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
The horrible elf avatar was talked about, now you need to post the images.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

All I can do of whenever I hear Irving's voice is imagine him appending "Meowth that's right!" to everything he says.

SugarAddict posted:

The horrible elf avatar was talked about, now you need to post the images.

:agreed:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

There was a thing that showed you all previous avatars of a SomethingAwful account but I can't find it anymore. I saved one of his anyway, Sarah's head on a warboss, because I used it in Syphon Filter editing.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I'm pretty sure there was also one with Kyras.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

There was a thing that showed you all previous avatars of a SomethingAwful account but I can't find it anymore. I saved one of his anyway, Sarah's head on a warboss, because I used it in Syphon Filter editing.

Oh, poo poo! I was wondering what that avatar was about!

At least it was entertaining. To us.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Lunethex posted:

SOAP, though it seems to have tragically died in March.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

If memory serves from the thread, Coolguye's reaction to the initial avatar change was much less chill and much more hilarious all caps shouty.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I think we can see a screenshot of his initial post upon getting it in one of the later Fall of Cybertron LP videos. Also, Roboky's matching "Avitus on Sarah's body" avatar that he had for awhile, which was both horrifying and amusing in equal measure.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

If memory serves from the thread, Coolguye's reaction to the initial avatar change was much less chill and much more hilarious all caps shouty.

your memory serves properly. i remember it clearly, and the reaction post was simply 'WHY' :v:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Coolguye posted:

your memory serves properly. i remember it clearly, and the reaction post was simply 'WHY' :v:

That's what I remember as well.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Lunethex posted:

RESIDENT EVIL 4 - I AM YOUR BEAUTIFUL AND AWESOME ELF GIRLFRIEND!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

This needs to happen. Maybe with her head photoshopped over Saladbar?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Pure art

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

This needs to go in the OP.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Thank you. I needed this.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Glorius :five:.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Filth still exists. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7HcEU9i9cI

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

gently caress YES

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Well I'm glad I now know the story behind those avatars which I never got even though I've been watching your LP's for years now (gently caress it's weird typing that out).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

also gently caress YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I both love and hate the fact that the "this is no ritual, it's terrorism!" "Isn't that a popular word these days :smug:" exchange is still a timely reference almost 13 Goddamn years after release.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Chapter 5-1 - The Island [Polsy]

Ada drives Leon out to Saddler's Island on her boat, but ditches him of course. Although he's dealt with a lot up to this point there're still more herbs to be twirled. We enter the final act! Of course, Cris & Albert's HD Project has not reached the Island yet, I'm afraid, but there's a lot to do so I wouldn't stand around all that often to begin with.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
RESIDENT EVIL 4 - I'M YOUR BEAUTIFUL DEVOTED ELF GIRLFRIEND FOR 56 YEARS!

:allears: Thank you whoever changed the thread title because this is good entertainment.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, I laughed at the TMP ammo locked in the fume hood. DANGEROUS GUNPOWDER REACTIONS.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A real RE4 pro player shoots the Regenerator's back parasite through their torso from the front :colbert:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Whenever someone mentions Total Recall this song starts playing in my head and I hate you for doing this to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD5Z2OTgkT4

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I like the RE4 regenerators as a concept.

Specifically because like how they said, unlike the bog standard enemy of that type you can still kill them without gimmicks.

Sure, it takes an absurd and wasteful amount of firepower to do so. But you can. That courtesy elevates them beyond being just another tiresome "Haha, you can't kill me until the plot or gimmick says so" enemy.

Also, callback to anybody going "Oh my god why do you need so much money?" when they are down to 940 with plenty of upgrades left to go, even with being so obsessive about their income. Buying rocket launchers doesn't count against that shut up

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

A real RE4 pro player shoots the Regenerator's back parasite through their torso from the front :colbert:

This has never worked out in my case. I recall Maxwell doing it once, but zeroing in was not an investment I was willing to make. It also just occurred to me that the Regenerators never got to do anything and that when they are lying prone on the ground, they can thrust themselves upwards and leap on to you and start chowing down on your collarbone, but the only time we'll witness them making any effort is when that one tried to cave my head in.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 6, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Huh, I had completely forgotten about the minigun guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

You know for someone who's such a crackshot I'm surprised you even bought the normal rifle scope. I don't think I ever used that thing.

• Locked thread