Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

null_pointer posted:

How does it compare, taste-wise, with Lagavulin?

I find Lagavulin to be a bit thinner and carrying more wood/plant/herb flavors, whereas Laphroaig (the 10 especially, less so the 18) is extremely dense and very creamy, heavy on smoke, and with some sweetness. I think scotch is super subjective though, some people don't taste the cream in the Laphroaig like I do. I also find Lagavulin more peaty than Laphroaig, if you've a preference related to peatiness.

Have you tried any of the Bruichladdich? Their Black Art 4 is I believe the finest liquid ever conceived by man or god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wait is that a plaid seated GTI too?

Wanna be buds?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just bought a one-way ticket to Nantucket to pick up a free 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 40k miles on it. Oh yeah baby.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
There once was a Jeep from Nantucket

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Whose owner, apparently, said "gently caress it"

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
A new owner arrived for a one-way drive,
and the rest of the thread can just suck it!

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.
They should have sent a poet. :bisonyes:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They sent three.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
:allears:

I bought another effects pedal kit - a Brassmaster clone. Brutal octave fuzz, instead of my current boring Bass Muff fuzz pedal.

Most resistors are done, but there are plenty of components left to solder. I still have to paint the pedal enclosure and finish the enclosure design but that's coming along.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Having a movie night, realized nobody owned a physical copy of this

Some British snacks, I love twiglets and I've been wanting to try some Jaffa cakes

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I've been wanting to try some Jaffa cakes

I'm really curious what you'll think of them. Much like with anything else, it's one thing to grow up with them and something else to try them for the first time as an adult. My wife was in the latter group and was... underwhelmed.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You can also get Pim's biscuits in Europe which are very similar to Jaffa Cakes in other flavours like Raspberry and Pear. Twiglets are cool. I don't think I've had anything quite like them anywhere else, and I've had snacks in many different places. Also, for a 'crisp' they are surprisingly pretty healthy.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sexual Lorax posted:

There once was a Jeep from Nantucket

Night Danger Moose posted:

Whose owner, apparently, said "gently caress it"

poop dood posted:

A new owner arrived for a one-way drive,
and the rest of the thread can just suck it!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
How did jaffa cakes never have a cross-promotion with stargate?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

The Science Goy posted:

I bought another effects pedal kit - a Brassmaster clone. Brutal octave fuzz, instead of my current boring Bass Muff fuzz pedal.

Most resistors are done, but there are plenty of components left to solder. I still have to paint the pedal enclosure and finish the enclosure design but that's coming along.

I like the cut of your jib, my goon. Fantastic loving pedal, and that pedal enclosure is gorgeous. Happy soldering.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

How did jaffa cakes never have a cross-promotion with stargate?

An episode where Teal'c travels through time to Britain in the future and gets addicted to using a VR headset to play videogames. Only occasionally taking breaks to consume massive amounts of jaffa cakes and mountain dew. When he eats the cakes he bellows out at the top of his lungs "JAFFAAAAAAAAA."

Now the team must try and follows his steps but when they find him he is entombed in a mountain of jaffa cake crumbs and wrappers. How will the team ever save Fat Teal'c? Is it too late?

Fat Teal'c.

stevewm
May 10, 2005

100% Dundee posted:

An episode where Teal'c travels through time to Britain in the future and gets addicted to using a VR headset to play videogames. Only occasionally taking breaks to consume massive amounts of jaffa cakes and mountain dew. When he eats the cakes he bellows out at the top of his lungs "JAFFAAAAAAAAA."

I was actually thinking really hard which episode that was, because it is not out of line with what they would have done. Then I finished reading your post....

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Jaffa Cake update: these shits are tasty

They send me some weird licorice toffee instead of my Twiglets though :mad:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I paid a bunch of money to have my house cleaned. Thought I could live without a cleaning lady after my last one retired. Nope. That six hours or so where nothing in the house is covered with dog hair besides the dog is so beautiful.

Also, GTI corgi dude, you are rad. I want one of each.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

For my mom, who might have the largest collection of troll dolls.

New coin:

You can see how the US quarter was influenced by Roman motifs

Gordian wasnt a very remarkable leader, I just liked the coin itself

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Oct 7, 2017

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Having a movie night, realized nobody owned a physical copy of this

I love showing this movie to friends who have never seen it or heard of it. I tell them its a really good drama, while keeping a straight face. Then wait and see at what point the viewers realize what a disaster it is, and see when they find out I was full of poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I love that The Disaster Artist coming out probably means that a whole new wave of unsuspecting people are going to be subjected to The Room :allears:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Donated £10 to an animal sanctuary when I took in an injured juvenile wood pigeon for some medical help.
Turns out the little one has a bad case of canker. Hope he's going to be okay. :smith:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

ChocNitty posted:

New coin:

You can see how the US quarter was influenced by Roman motifs

Gordian wasnt a very remarkable leader, I just liked the coin itself

As in the Gordian Knot, or unrelated?

Also, something I've been wondering about these coins, what's like the relative value of them? Would an average Roman citizen be walking around with a few of those or would that be something for the upper crust to have? Is info like that part of what comes with it or do you need to do your own research about it?

Actual content:

My dog destroyed both my sunglasses and sandals (boat shoes) in the last few months, so I bought new ones. I had the sunglasses for like 3 or 4 years so, whatever, but the sandals were only like a year old. I like the new ones more than the old ones though.

American Optical "The General" in the largest size, gold rim, amber polycarbonate lenses. These are replacing VonZipper glasses and the difference in build quality is pretty noticeable, despite the AO costing less. When I first got them they seemed too tight but after a couple days they feel awesome. Highly recommend if you need Aviator-style sunglasses.

They're Sanuks, again, because they're honestly that comfortable. These seem to have more cushion than my last pair, too.

Not purchase related: My dog actually chewing on something I want him to chew on:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Referring to those Sanuks as sandals is a travesty.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Josh Lyman posted:

Referring to those Sanuks as sandals is a travesty.

I'm not about to second guess the Sanuk overlords. They call them sandals, they're sandals.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Humerus posted:

I'm not about to second guess the Sanuk overlords. They call them sandals, they're sandals.
I've had similar shoes and my feet just got hot, sweaty, and smelly, the exact opposite of why you want sandals.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Humerus posted:

They are, by definition, not sandals. Sandals are open footwear consisting of a sole attached to the foot with straps. Those are just shoes.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I started playing more PC games, decided I wanted a controller for PC gaming, realized I had an Xbox One controller with bluetooth, and two controllers without, so I put the old non-bluetooth controller back into rotation (I bought one of the newer prettier colors to replace an old black one because it was boring) and put the rechargeable stand battery back into it.

So for the one I'm going to do some pee see gaming with I bought some rechargeable AAs and a charger -

My wife has a point and shoot camera that takes AAs so she'll be happy to share use of them

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Found a Christmas present for my brother in a small shop. We grew up loving the series.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007
I bought one of these last night.

Interested to see if I can notice a difference between the old SATA III SSD and it.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

The Science Goy posted:

I would like to know more

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Jaffa Cake update: these shits are tasty

They send me some weird licorice toffee instead of my Twiglets though :mad:

My recent purchase:

Green balls flavoured Jaffas.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

while drinking a shower beer

Now hang on a drat minute.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Jerry Cotton posted:

My recent purchase:

Green balls flavoured Jaffas.

What flavour are green balls in the first place?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh no following the crowd

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

beato posted:

What flavour are green balls in the first place?

Green?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A week or so ago is still recent right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Oh my, please do a PCOS Bill review of Farcry 5.