Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i play at much higher res than i record (720p?) so idk. i bet this game looks amazing maxed out. siege is one of the best around in terms of sound design but also the atmosphere/aesthetics are cool if you take the time to look around there's a lot of great little details

either way they take up a bunch of memory so i'll be dumping old op health stuff if i come across anything funny or interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Idk what you complain about your aim, unless the video bits take like maps in-between of you just dieing constantly. No one cares as long as you land the shots you take, even if it does involve 40 second salsa around the kitchen. :v:

yeah, i just like to take the quantity over quality approach to ammo expenditure because suppressing fire is actually fun as hell in a game where you can destroy the walls with bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsNeLj6szqA

forreal though, some of the guys i play with are excellent at snap headshots. cool to watch and more effective imo but i'm usually :350: when playing which tbh is a big reason why i'll often resort to lazy weapons like shotguns lol

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I max everything out, play at 1440p, stream at 900p60, and capture at 1080p60 at a 30mbps bitrate.

So with that in mind your video still looks... smoother. Almost like there's a motion blur pass being applied to it but it's not super aggressive.

/shrug

YOU DONE GOOD KID.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thief posted:

yeah, i just like to take the quantity over quality approach to ammo expenditure because suppressing fire is actually fun as hell in a game where you can destroy the walls with bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsNeLj6szqA

forreal though, some of the guys i play with are excellent at snap headshots. cool to watch and more effective imo but i'm usually :350: when playing which tbh is a big reason why i'll often resort to lazy weapons like shotguns lol

This video loving owns. Lmgs are wicked though I feel like I run out of ammo so drat fast as IQ or Ying. They could do with another mag each.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If any of you picked up a seasonal skin, which one did you go for? Kinda wishing the wood was darker on the hammered bronze one

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The porcelain one wraps really well on basically every gun, it's the only one I have so far.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Penpal posted:

If any of you picked up a seasonal skin, which one did you go for? Kinda wishing the wood was darker on the hammered bronze one

If the jade skin was actually more like dark nephrite instead of the imperial jade I'd be all over that, it looks terrible as is in the games lighting. I'll probably pick up alembic because almost no-one else will.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thief posted:

i play at much higher res than i record (720p?) so idk. i bet this game looks amazing maxed out.

I play at true 4k/maxed out settings on a 65" tv and it is pretty nice but not a giant leap better than PS4.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Fix the game hard:
https://streamable.com/bsxqo

lol audio from other games coming in

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

Fix the game hard:

This is the best, weirdest glitch

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Sometimes you just gotta channel your inner Bruce Willis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvN1ibtjq8

Also in that same session that jones posted my audio channels got reversed randomly and stayed that way even after a reboot.

Fix the game, hard.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Fix the game hard:

Honestly I'm not even mad I just wanna know HOW they did this :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think I mentioned it way in the distant past, but Siege servers are (or at least once were), actually hosted by an invisible eleventh client. You used to be able to see this in the tech tests when the servers crashed, that client would leave the game. I imagine one of those clients ended up in both games, or something equally bizarre.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Pretty sure VOIP was P2P and they moved to a hosted based service which occasionally causes things like the hilarious bug shown above.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Didn't the Battle Nonsense YouTube channel do a video recently and found that VoIP is still p2p, and you can still grab people's IP's from it?

Also I'm an indecisive baby, someone tell me what seasonal skin 2 get

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Last time he touched on VOIP was Jan 2016 I believe and back then he determined that they were connecting only your existing party and revealing those ip addresses. The enemy team's ip addresses would not be surfaced.

Siege currently uses VIVOX which is a dedicated voip.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

IceOrb posted:

Sometimes you just gotta channel your inner Bruce Willis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcvN1ibtjq8

Also in that same session that jones posted my audio channels got reversed randomly and stayed that way even after a reboot.

Fix the game, hard.

that was rad, also props to the other guy for roleplaying thatcher properly lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

oh neat, it came with what is essentially another blood orchid skin which i hadn't gotten yet

:ninja:

lol at first i thought the direction they were going with skins in siege were terrible but they keep getting better and better

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Test Server updated and it seems Ela has three mines now???

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Azran posted:

The Test Server updated and it seems Ela has three mines now???

that'll fix her

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
oh gee, yet another thing for Jager, just what we needed. It looks pretty cool and all but that's what, half a dozen in the past couple of months? I seriously don't understand the logic of piling on content for a couple of operators all at once while a huge chunk of the others have barely anything; can't the art team time this stuff better? I can't imagine most people buy like six things for one operator in such a short time anyway, there must be huge diminishing returns on these releases.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Koramei posted:

oh gee, yet another thing for Jager, just what we needed. It looks pretty cool and all but that's what, half a dozen in the past couple of months? I seriously don't understand the logic of piling on content for a couple of operators all at once while a huge chunk of the others have barely anything; can't the art team time this stuff better? I can't imagine most people buy like six things for one operator in such a short time anyway, there must be huge diminishing returns on these releases.

shoulda been a jackal skin or even any attacker but oh well

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Splinter Cell Jackal should totally come with it, and cyborg Tachanka

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'd guess the main reason we don't see stuff for him is because his headgear is a bit more complicated than other ops? though they could straight up copy and tweak an existing splinter cell model while still using the existing hitbox so idk

he doesn't seem overplayed and is fun enough to show some love to. if anything that should have been his elite skin :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YutaZy7OUss

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm having an argument with one of my friends about whether or not peeker's advantage exists. I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with his argument because I am retarded but basically what's wrong with this youtube video's explanation as it applies to Siege?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JaCcsmjYM8&t=196s

Orv
May 4, 2011
I can't speak to the technical aspects of it, but I have been killed umpteenth times whenever a team from SEA or whatever shows up with 350 ping, by dying before someone is even shown on my screen.

E: Granted that's probably half again Siege being Siege, but still.

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 4, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Orv posted:

I can't speak to the technical aspects of it, but I have been killed umpteenth times whenever a team from SEA or whatever shows up with 350 ping, by dying before someone is even shown on my screen.

Yeah I mean anyone who has played this game for any length of time has experienced it many times firsthand....except for him apparently.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

I'm having an argument with one of my friends about whether or not peeker's advantage exists. I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with his argument because I am retarded but basically what's wrong with this youtube video's explanation as it applies to Siege?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JaCcsmjYM8&t=196s

Whatever is his argument it's bad, Siege has peekers advantage that is more obvious the worse connections get. Check out latest battle (non)sense video on Siege for some slow-mo footage.

Orv
May 4, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah I mean anyone who has played this game for any length of time has experienced it many times firsthand....except for him apparently.

Ape I don't think you're the dumbass in this situation.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Fix the game hard:

Orv posted:

I think I mentioned it way in the distant past, but Siege servers are (or at least once were), actually hosted by an invisible eleventh client. You used to be able to see this in the tech tests when the servers crashed, that client would leave the game. I imagine one of those clients ended up in both games, or something equally bizarre.

i havent stopped thinking about these since i read them this morning, its amazing stuff. hell i've rewatched the video a couple of times its so good

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Just reinstalled this and I'm pretty sure I didn't have my 1070 the last time I played and there's a new season and everything. Are there any recommended graphical settings I should worry about or anything like that? Anything that needs to be low or high?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Black Griffon posted:

Just reinstalled this and I'm pretty sure I didn't have my 1070 the last time I played and there's a new season and everything. Are there any recommended graphical settings I should worry about or anything like that? Anything that needs to be low or high?

I have a 1070 and I run everything completely maxed out at 2560x1080. Average about 60-70fps. Turn stuff down a bit if you don't want it to ever drop below 60 or if you've got a high refresh rate monitor but the worst I ever get is 45-50 which is perfectly playable IMO.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 4, 2017

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

my kinda ape posted:

I have a 1070 and I run everything completely maxed out at 2560x1080. Average about 60-70fps. Turn stuff down a bit if you don't want it to ever drop below 60 or if you've got a high refresh rate monitor but the worst I ever get is 45-50 which is perfectly playable IMO.

Yeah it runs like smooth delicious cream, but I was mostly thinking about clarity and such. I've gotten used to turning down graphics in order to spot enemies easier after playing PUBG for a couple of months now.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

I'm a tryhard so I play in medium without HBAO for maximum visibility and 100+ fps.
If I play with nice settings (1070) I often get killed by people I can't see due to funny luminosity.
Well I still get killed by people I can see but now I blame it on netcode.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Guys.

Hard hasn't posted in here in what feels like years.

I think he's mad.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think he's either dead or neck deep buried in bugfixing this game.

Keep up Hard, you're doing God's work, shame the rest of the team is busy making new bugs :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I bet they are still brainstorming what they can do.with the guy. named EthnicCleanser1488.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Krogort posted:

I'm a tryhard so I play in medium without HBAO for maximum visibility and 100+ fps.
If I play with nice settings (1070) I often get killed by people I can't see due to funny luminosity.
Well I still get killed by people I can see but now I blame it on netcode.

You try to get maximum visibility, but you turn on ambient occlusion's fake shadows? Turn HBAO off and corners of rooms won't be dark.

e- completely misread that, you said you have it off, my bad.

Also siege has a really good benchmark tool in the options. I'm running a 1070 with an old as gently caress i7 920 and I play at 1440p 90hz, and I generally hit 90 fps most of the time. I don't have AO or AA on either, just run some benchmarks so your avg is where you monitor refresh rate is

e - also, do a benchmark, and then go into your Nvidia control panel and turn on prefer maximum performance and any other options you want on and bench again. Sometimes turning on prefer performance leads to worse performance because it boosts and then might hit a thermal limit and then underclock, ping ponging and giving you inconsistent frames. If you have a second monitor just see if things are getting maxed out

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

my kinda ape posted:

As one of those scumbags who has high ping, what confused me for a long time that might be confusing him too is that you have to actually be doing the peeking to get the peeker's advantage. If you try holding angles, you get the inverse happening, and they get the same advantage on you instead. It still works massively to the person with bad ping's advantage since they can know to account for it and Always Be Peeking, but if you think of it like some flat bonus to reaction time then you're gonna hit a lot of frustrating situations.

• Locked thread