Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bray needs to not realize it was him though. I feel that's important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Bray needs to not realize it was him though. I feel that's important.

And he can go around asking people if they've seen his sister, Abigail...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Bray may not have a perfect streak at Wrestlemania but Sister Abigail could...

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Pro Wrestling Sheet

Holy poo poo, please for the love of god let this be true. The Nobodies' reaction to that would be worth torpedoing Bray's entire career.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Boy, can't wait for WWE to go full steam ahead on evil men in dresses transmisogynist poo poo.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WadeBartender posted:

I hope Sister Abigail uses the same finisher but calls it Bray Wyatt

This is really good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bray wyatt is literally the worst

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oatgan posted:

this is the worst

Under the vegetable posted:

Boy, can't wait for WWE to go full steam ahead on evil men in dresses transmisogynist poo poo.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Can't wait for Bray Wyatt to go all out Lady Bearica Andrews

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

Agreed completely

Do not even ask posted:

Holy poo poo, please for the love of god let this be true. The Nobodies' reaction to that would be worth torpedoing Bray's entire career.

Imagine if Finn lost. Like, we definitely can't count out that this won't torpedo only Bray's career

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Seeing Nobodies fans here warms my jaded smark heart.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

They're going to have Bray show up in a dress and poorly applied lipstick and it's going to be awful.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Bray is Abigail but it's Abigail from Street Fighter V so he comes out 8 feet tall with tires on his arms

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
Bray Wyatt is Sister Abigail

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

Cabbit posted:

They're going to have Bray show up in a dress and poorly applied lipstick and it's going to be awful.

Pretty much :smith:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should do a einhorn is finkle gimmick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cabbit posted:

it doesn't have to be awful. they could have him come out to Goodbye Horses and make it wonderful!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Agreed completely

Imagine if Finn lost. Like, we definitely can't count out that this won't torpedo only Bray's career

Not like they aren't already upset with the Bullet Club already so yes, this probably will happen

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Brayster Abigail will beat Alexa but then Asuka will beat Abigail. This is how you know noone is ready for Asuka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

it doesn't have to be awful

It involves Bray Wyatt. It's going to be

Remember when it looked like the Orton feud was actually going really surprisingly well, And it was coming off big wins over Cena and Styles, AND everyone was psyched for the Mania match

And then there were worm designs on the ring that even the crowd were bored by. And then he got pinned with one RKO anyway. And then it was all followed up by the House of Horrors, still today a strong contender for both Worst Match and Worst Segment of the Year (not for lack of competition)

I don't know what it is about Bray, but everything WWE tries to do with him they can't help but gently caress up in incredible ways. Sometimes it's just easier to spot in advance

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when it looked like the Orton feud was actually going really surprisingly well,

No.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bray's character peaked early when he was just riffing on Cape Fear. Then they introduced the supernatural stuff and it all went to poo poo. Now he's the worst parts of 90s Undertaker combined with the worst parts of 00s Kane. It's absolutely dreadful television.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dug the cult stuff and saw a ton of potential in him brainwashing people and using them as shields and tools. A less supernatural Ministry or swamp hillbilly Raven thing. Him pulling Bryan into the cult seemed like the good step in that direction and then they rushed through that story and left Wyatt with nothing to show for it, which was a harbinger of things to come.

Removing his cult, ramping up the supernatural stuff but not making it effective beyond general jump scares, and constantly leaving him worse for wear just seems to have taken a lasting toll. I think they could probably reboot it at theoretically any time but there's probably a finite number of times they can do that and then flop out before you just leave permanent damage. The Smackdown run seems like one and I can see why people are worried this Sister Abigail will be another if it just leads to Finn beating his new incarnation and making it yet another failure for Bray. (And I see why people also don't want to see Bray beat Finn and undermine his whole Demon thing.)

As a casual observer I'm mildly interested in what happens (at least as much as I'm interested in any WWE storyline right now) but it definitely doesn't feel like there's any forward momentum for the character or anything for me to get behind or care about. I'm mostly just watching to see the makeup job and if there's an actual Abigail or what. I'm a sucker for wrestlers with face paint.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

STAC Goat posted:

I dug the cult stuff and saw a ton of potential in him brainwashing people and using them as shields and tools. A less supernatural Ministry or swamp hillbilly Raven thing. Him pulling Bryan into the cult seemed like the good step in that direction and then they rushed through that story and left Wyatt with nothing to show for it, which was a harbinger of things to come.

Bray did have something to show for it. Bryan put him over at the Rumble. Clean. And didn't take his win back later as far as I remember. Bray showed that he would not take betrayal lying down and slammed Daniel's face right into the barricade with Sister Abigail to send the message home. He lost the moral battle to the babyface but won the feud in the ring to cement his status as a main event player. All without damaging Daniel's overness or momentum in the slightest.

God drat I miss 2014...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The thing is, this actually....sorta checks out, canonically?

Like, the story is, Sister Abigail died, Bray buried her in his shack, Randy burned that poo poo down to try and destroy Sister Abigail's soul, Bray went and smeared Sister Abigail's ashes on himself to like. Take her soul into his and grant him her powers, or something? So, this'd be the logical conclusion of that, I suppose.

The main question is, if smearing Abigail's ashes on him gave Bray a super form, why the gently caress didn't he use it at Mania or in that Fatal Five Way. Y'know, when there was actual stakes?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Taker was already pretty out of shape and slow before Punk threw Paul Bearer's ashes on him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yeah it doesn't make any sense to keep your other powerful soul secret in case a demon tries to destroy you and you need to use it on the demon without the demon knowing what to expect, because big wrestling matches are more important than not being destroyed by a demon. This is sarcastic if you couldn't tell and it seems like you probably couldn't since you all think you're smarter than professional writers

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
New NXT tapings are being taped tonight and will decide who gets the last spot in the four way title match:

Fatal 4-Way match for the vacant NXT Women's Championship at NXT Takover Houston
Ember Moon vs Peyton Royce vs Kairi Sane vs TBD

NXT Women's Title Qualifiers from the last taping that have yet to air:

Peyton Royce defeated Nikki Cross and Liv Morgan
Ember Moon defeated Ruby Riot and Sonya Deville

I wonder who will compete in the final qualifer and who will win it. I assume Dakota Kai will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1OB7LG_Qk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

anakha posted:

Seeing Nobodies fans here warms my jaded smark heart.
not gonna lie I have a p big crush on arial

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm a top

level Patreon supporter of The Nobodies

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Mob posted:

I'm a top

level Patreon supporter of The Nobodies

Do they have merch for that yet? If not, somebody mock it up and send it to them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I will watch Raw for the first time in 2 years if that Wyatt spoiler is correct because lol the reactions will be gold

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

smh can't believe Finn Balor is going to beat up a transgender gainer

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Finn! You beat me as the demon and as the man! But can you beat me when I am dressed like a woman?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cross dressing isn't transgender.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There's a joke about brown face and transjinder in there somewhere.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Aphrodite posted:

Actual footage of Bray Wyatt and Creative discussing his upcoming Sister Abigail angle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ7oLXg9zFg

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

try to explain that to vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm here to see Bray Wyatt become an exotico.