Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

It's never a waste, when you'll need them soon enough anyway.

Every 7* is a 7* you'll never have to farm again.

I'm quitting them game if they go to 8 stars.

If I'd known I didn't have to rush I wouldn't have been putting 3x100 crystal refreshes into them for the last couple of weeks. That's a lot of crystals I could have spent on something more useful!

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

It is confirmed, R2 at the end of the month.

Thrawn could come mid-month or next month, noone knows.

It's a dick move to have 2 R2's before they bring thrawn back, but here we are.

Gotcha.

Good to know which one it is at least, i have plenty of gear ready to kit out either Phoenix Squad or my empire dudes.

Unsure who my 5th should be; i have GMT, TFP, EP, RG, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper at 7*. Vader is 6* and 27/100, so i doubt i can get him to 7* by the end of the month.

Im thinking GMT (L), TFP, EP, RG and Stormtrooper?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Gotcha.

Good to know which one it is at least, i have plenty of gear ready to kit out either Phoenix Squad or my empire dudes.

Unsure who my 5th should be; i have GMT, TFP, EP, RG, Stormtrooper and Magmatrooper at 7*. Vader is 6* and 27/100, so i doubt i can get him to 7* by the end of the month.

Im thinking GMT (L), TFP, EP, RG and Stormtrooper?

Palp is *probably* a better lead for the event, unless Tarkin is the difference between going first and getting a Palp AoE stunnoff in turn one, but basically, yeah, that.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's always a waste.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Thrawn may be back October 7th. So be ready in case.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

If I'd known I didn't have to rush I wouldn't have been putting 3x100 crystal refreshes into them for the last couple of weeks. That's a lot of crystals I could have spent on something more useful!

same

Yeah, but its still not a wasted grind.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

RC Cola posted:

I won't be ready. What are you gonna do about it?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nipponophile posted:

Laugh at you for not having Thrawn.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

It's no use taunting me. I'll just use Shatter. 😎

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

CaptainPsyko posted:

Laugh at you for not having Thrawn.

it's this.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Well I'll laugh at all of you for all the time and money you've wasted on this so-called "game" of a skinner box.

Seriously, count it up sometime.

Who's laughing now?

It's me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Well I'll laugh at all of you for all the time and money you've wasted on this so-called "game" of a skinner box.

Seriously, count it up sometime.

Who's laughing now?

It's me.

it's true.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Reddit claims Thrawn returns for the 7th to 14th of October. I haven't been playing this game long enough to know of these things are legit or not. Why would he return on specifically the 7th? (A date i have seen mentioned in here recently as well)

Any truths to this rumor?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Reddit claims Thrawn returns for the 7th to 14th of October. I haven't been playing this game long enough to know of these things are legit or not. Why would he return on specifically the 7th? (A date i have seen mentioned in here recently as well)

Any truths to this rumor?

7-14 would put it right alongside the final week countdown before the Rebels S4 premiere.

On the other hand it's a Saturday and they usually do this stuff on weekdays.

:shrug:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

God dammit, I'm just about to 6 star Ezra, which I thought would give me enough time to get him to 7 if Thrawn came at the end of the month.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 2, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

God dammit, I'm just about to 6 star Ezra, which I thought would give me enough time to get him to 7 if Thrawn came at the end of the month.

you should be able to 7 star him in the next two weeks, just throw your refreshes at cantina battles and buy him from the ship shop.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Chilichimp posted:

you should be able to 7 star him in the next two weeks, just throw your refreshes at cantina battles and buy him from the ship shop.

I have seen him in ship shop a total od _ONE_ time since the revamped fleet and shartshop update.
Just finished Hera myself, but i guess it's going to be super hard to do the event without ezra amirite? Got all the rest though, even Sabine

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I have Ezra at 6 stars now, and Chopper at 65/85 for 6 stars. Going to work on both of them, whomever gets to 7 stars first wins. Luckily, not only do they not conflict, one actually assists the other in farming.

Oh, and I have them all at G8, except Hera who's at G9.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 2, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

I have seen him in ship shop a total od _ONE_ time since the revamped fleet and shartshop update.
Just finished Hera myself, but i guess it's going to be super hard to do the event without ezra amirite? Got all the rest though, even Sabine

If you gave 5 7* you should be good with the right gear and mods

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

If you gave 5 7* you should be good with the right gear and mods

Is G7 good enough with decent mods?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Vulpes posted:

Is G7 good enough with decent mods?

I'm keeping mine at G7 but I have the gear pre farmed for G8

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

i got kanan at G9, the rest i'm prefarming the gear but not using it yet

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

"Yay, level 80, time to get omega skills!"

"oh, they cost 5 omegas each and i have like 7..."

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

"Yay, level 80, time to get omega skills!"

"oh, they cost 5 omegas each and i have like 7..."

Omegas are a bitch, start hoarding them and never ever give an omega to a toon that doesn't deserve it. I've wasted so many on toons i never use anymore :(

Make a list of your teams, be it raids, events, GW or PVP, and stick to them. Omegas used to drop a lot more from challenges, at least for me. Now, after working on phoenix, i'm sitting on 10 omegas, which is a problem as i'll have 20 zeta mats tomorrow.

Omegas are a bitch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

Omegas are a bitch, start hoarding them and never ever give an omega to a toon that doesn't deserve it. I've wasted so many on toons i never use anymore :(

Make a list of your teams, be it raids, events, GW or PVP, and stick to them. Omegas used to drop a lot more from challenges, at least for me. Now, after working on phoenix, i'm sitting on 10 omegas, which is a problem as i'll have 20 zeta mats tomorrow.

Omegas are a bitch.

They're not -that- bad, jeez. like anything in this game, just settle in for the long wait.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

They're not -that- bad, jeez. like anything in this game, just settle in for the long wait.

Yeah, just make sure to do your challenges on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, where you can sometimes get them, and always do all of your daily activities, and you get one for total activity completion. It's not that bad. It's not like they're Zetas.

Challenges assumes you can do the max level, though.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Apparently Android users in the US can get a ton of crystals and "Scavenger Rey" shards by purchasing a Google Play gift card from Wal-mart and redeeming it. Looks like it scales all the way from 80 shards and 750 crystals up to 330 shards and 3000 crystals plus a bunch of credits for a $50 gift card according to some thread on reddit.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOf...P99&sh=6effe777

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

wisdomHNOX posted:

Apparently Android users in the US can get a ton of crystals and "Scavenger Rey" shards by purchasing a Google Play gift card from Wal-mart and redeeming it. Looks like it scales all the way from 80 shards and 750 crystals up to 330 shards and 3000 crystals plus a bunch of credits for a $50 gift card according to some thread on reddit.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOf...P99&sh=6effe777

Also you don't need to use the gift card on SWGOH. If you're opposed to spending money on this dumb game (you're not wrong), but use google play for your Spotify subscription or whatever, well, enjoy your thousands of free crystals and thousands more crystals-worth of shard shop currency.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Any idea if it would be a problem that I play the game on iOS?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fecha posted:

Any idea if it would be a problem that I play the game on iOS?

It would be a rather large problem, yes.

(I'm in the same boat and mad too.)

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Yea it's a problem. iOS just misses out. I am bummed as well.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I still have 0 shards of K2 out of spite.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Well Apple are to blame for this one, not CG/EA.

Google are paying them to run this promotion, something Apple isn't willing to (or maybe doesn't need to?) do.

In other news, Phoenix Squad are getting Zetas!

Zeb's and Kanan's look very interesting. Ezra's can probably be skipped, and Hera's doesn't look all that interesting either.
Chopper isn't getting a zeta but gets an assist on his unique omega upgrade (the assist is not shared between the rest of PS, sadly)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kanan's zeta seems like you'd get good mileage out of it since you can use him for so many things.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Beware the promo is pretty buggy. Redeeming it hard locked my phone and now I didnt get the items in game and cant redeem again. Have to put a support ticket in with EA which always blows to go through. A couple of people in the reddit thread mentioned similar issues.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Kanan's zeta seems like you'd get good mileage out of it since you can use him for so many things.

From the description, it looks like he would gain 100% only when the foresight he grants expires, not any foresight, making the Zeta from pretty good to who cares.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Thrawn back in two days

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

Thrawn back in two days

I have Ezra at 20/100 shards. Here we go.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 4, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

RC Cola posted:

Thrawn back in two days

I've been working on Phoenix for over a month now. I have Zeb and Kanan at 7*, Sabine at 6*, and Ezra & Hera at 5*....

drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Hockles posted:

I've been working on Phoenix for over a month now. I have Zeb and Kanan at 7*, Sabine at 6*, and Ezra & Hera at 5*....

drat it.

Thats still a 5* Thrawn, which is good. The "only" thing you "need" him 7*'d for is 7* R2D2 (and raids...)