Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Significant Ant posted:

what are these “tough questions” they were asking cernovich anyways

They werent questions as much as they were positive observations from the idiot bougie journalist. "I see how you're able to make such intimate connections with your audience. Tell us about this time you made up some fake news about BLM. How did you feel when you put those thugs in their place"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fits my needs posted:

Vice is like rich trust fund kid journalists that can afford to be paid $40k a year to do whatever bullshit.

sums up 99% of their content

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"from 4chan" well there you go

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Agrajag posted:

its almost as if vice beyond art, lifestyle, and fashion is filled with hacks

The Epicly Later'd documentary series about old skateboarders is one of the best things if you have any interest at all in skateboarding peoples.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/epicly-laterd?page=1

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
like ill admit they get some cool shots in places i would never see but that's it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

its like a bunch of 4channers suddenly started running a media outlet and still wanted to be edgelords

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sir Tonk posted:

its like a bunch of 4channers suddenly started running a media outlet and still wanted to be edgelords

They're using the media outlet to resolve a bunch of adolescent issues like "gently caress that book I read in middle school"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
millennials are killing journalism

unironically

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

did the background colours change please serious replies only dont gaslight me

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FAUXTON posted:

They're using the media outlet to resolve a bunch of adolescent issues like "gently caress that book I read in middle school"

but noone could ever outdo andy kaufman, why even try?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

millennials are killing journalism

unironically

ahem

tronc?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

God vice sucks. its either mindless hedonist poo poo(open relationships/cheating, taking huge amounts of drugs at once is cool and good, opps i got aids) or dumb "woke" poo poo like that, mixed with they rarely call the real monsters(loving nazis) out on anything. its kinda sad when their loving video game site is the smartest articles of all of them. i mean their war tourism days were bad but at least they talked about stu

yeah. it may have kleppick who is dumbass, but Austin Walker and the rest are pretty good. they make genuinely interesting articles that dont turn into weird screeds like the rest of vice or in game terms polygon.

yea but their video on Charlottesville was incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

The solution to the drake equation is that inevitably on the path to interstellar settlements every civilization invents the internet and elects donald trump.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/915556485865906177

:cripes:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BeOSPOS posted:

chair
church
cherish
cherub
change

to say these words aloud

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Atoramos posted:

thats the thing theyve done some drat good stuff, but its like with gawker or buzzfeed they cover a wide range and theres some good people there but you also end up with pieces like the cernovich blowjob

maybe they just need a head editor or something to control the direction of content

perhaps the old media model was actually good

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Eh they're mass producing gonzo journalism and whenever you scale up anything you get a lot of stinkers

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

perhaps the old media model was actually good

https://twitter.com/MegynTODAY/status/915561967686946816

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Look at all those happy white people :kiddo:

Just havin' fun

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:thunk:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I bet Subcommandante Marcos would have a great talk show

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

FAUXTON posted:

I bet Subcommandante Marcos would have a great talk show

is there uh kickstarter for this?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

well

lock Bibi up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Marx Headroom posted:

Eh they're mass producing gonzo journalism and whenever you scale up anything you get a lot of stinkers

McGonzos

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Media literacy needs to be taught in schools.

its fake news, qed

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lowtax gave the forums a piss yellow filter in opera (left is chrome)

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/915564296305827840

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/915564353402888192

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

A Handed Missus posted:

well

lock Bibi up

wasn't he supposed to be locked up for fraud or embezzlement or some poo poo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I hope this rear end in a top hat dies from a horrible disease

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Eh I don't see what the big deal is over making GBS threads on the great gatsby (vice is a mixed bag otherwise). Everyone is one dimensional and no one would care or read it if it was discovered this year. Literature is like pineapple pizza, you can like it or not but people love to lose their poo poo if someone has the wrong opinion on it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A black persons reaction upon walking into that studio:

:yikes:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mulva

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lawman 0 posted:

I hope this rear end in a top hat dies from a horrible disease

His name is Mick so I'm assuming that'll be cirrhosis

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

are you trying to tell me that algorithms are not perfect?

or are they just telling us what we want to hear

:thunk:

what is so hard about hardcoding your algorithm to exclude loving 4chan?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Atoramos posted:

actualy the video making people are different team then their website(articles) people but yeah their videos are still good.

nice. bibi an rear end in a top hat facist and i am glad the world is slowly turning on him and his oval office party.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why do the forums look like fisher-price web design now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

Eh I don't see what the big deal is over making GBS threads on the great gatsby (vice is a mixed bag otherwise). Everyone is one dimensional and no one would care or read it if it was discovered this year. Literature is like pineapple pizza, you can like it or not but people love to lose their poo poo if someone has the wrong opinion on it.

last time i got gas in new jersey the attendants were having a hardcore disagreement over whether or not it was acceptable to put ranch on pizza

one of them eventually turned to me and was like, sir, is ranch on pizza ok???

it owned, would participate in roundtable again

(i said no, it never is)

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

last time i got gas in new jersey the attendants were having a hardcore disagreement over whether or not it was acceptable to put ranch on pizza

one of them eventually turned to me and was like, sir, is ranch on pizza ok???

it owned, would participate in roundtable again

(i said no, it never is)

:agreed:

pizza should never get between you and your ranch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

deathbysnusnu posted:

making GBS threads on GG because the characters are all awful people misses the entire point of the book. it's not even subtle about how awful everyone in the story is supposed to be and the author's contempt for them is a bunch of flashing neon lights.

• Locked thread