Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I did not know Woolie's grandpa's story before that episode and holy poo poo Woolie's grandpa(grandma too?) what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can't loving believe it's Jonathan's daughter knowingly coming onto him and not the other way around.

Does that make it even worse?

I think that makes it even worse.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean it deffo does say a lot about Kojima

I'd almost go so far as to say I'd respect it more if they just kept him being a non-stop scumbag. Hitting the brakes now feels like total horseshit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone would back down if their less than a week dead ex-wife's picture was staring them down the whole time.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I am unreasonably upset by Woolie's insistence that ghosts can't kill people.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
He dun know what he's messing with.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
He's right though, ghosts do psychological warfare, skeletons do physical :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 4, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

nerdman42 posted:

Yeah, but we got that angry debate about monster tier lists. :allears:

Just in time for Shitstorm.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Nalesh posted:

He's right though, ghosts do psychological warframe,

They force people to play Warframe? The horror!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nalesh posted:

He's right though, ghosts do psychological warframe, skeletons do physical :v:

what about poltergeists?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They throw cups. Shits the worse.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The fact that they had nearly a half hour conversation about whether ghosts are or are not "bitch rear end niggas" is why I love these guys :allears:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Slightly tangential question: what parts of Jojo have each of the guys read now?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

what about poltergeists?

Skeleton ghosts.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Killed By Death posted:

Slightly tangential question: what parts of Jojo have each of the guys read now?

Jojo parts? Wonder if they made it to

(I think they got to SBR, I'm not sure if either started Jojolion, and I don't know if Matt has read past the anime)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Monaghan posted:

The fact that they had nearly a half hour conversation about whether ghosts are or are not "bitch rear end niggas" is why I love these guys :allears:

I heard this on my drive today and it was a good loving laugh hearing Woolie shittalk ghosts

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Baal posted:

I heard this on my drive today and it was a good loving laugh hearing Woolie shittalk ghosts

I've always wanted woolie to cast live from the suicide forest

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

Woolie has finished though SBR and all that came before, not sure about his Jojolion reading. Pat has only read 1-4, but has cursory knowledge of most of the parts from wikis, video games, and Woolie talks, and I think Matt has read most of SDC, to my knowledge.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt's dislike of games over 20 hours long suddenly explains a lot of things

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it was last week's friendcast where pat was talking trash about one piece, right? like that he loves it but hates the art. I think he never made it past Alabasta or something, which is a real shame, since he'd probably absolutely lose his mind at the entirety of the encompassing Water 7 arc.

Also that I really, really, really, really really want to see his reaction to everything Ace does in the story. All of the decisions he makes and everything. Pat seems like exactly the sort of person who would flip his poo poo at Ace for falling for Akainu's trolling even if that is 110% entirely Ace's character

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Games shouldn't be more than 20 hours long, Matt is correct.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Take the time you would spend on several 20 hour games and put it all toward one game. Like magic, you too can play long games!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
20 hours is a long game, anything longer than that is dragging on. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Nice, I couldn't find this!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Macadamia is solid.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Nice, I couldn't find this!

Oh, you're welcome. I didn't know you were looking for it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

it was last week's friendcast where pat was talking trash about one piece, right? like that he loves it but hates the art. I think he never made it past Alabasta or something, which is a real shame, since he'd probably absolutely lose his mind at the entirety of the encompassing Water 7 arc.

Also that I really, really, really, really really want to see his reaction to everything Ace does in the story. All of the decisions he makes and everything. Pat seems like exactly the sort of person who would flip his poo poo at Ace for falling for Akainu's trolling even if that is 110% entirely Ace's character

I really don't get Pat's hatred for Gon. Like, yeah, there's nothing really special about his design, but I also don't see anything horribly wrong with it either. It's just kind of an average shonen hero design, I don't get the hate.

Then again, Pat said on this week's podcast that he hates Eureka 7 just because of the way they pronounce Eureka on the show, so I have to remember that I'm listening to the opinions of a crazy man.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Liam also does this (although to a lesser extent) and it's sometimes unbearable. One moment they'll be praising a game, the next day they'll mention never wanting to play it again because it wasn't over in 10 hours.
I'm not asking for asking everyone to enjoy 100 hour slugfests like Persona but I can't wrap my head around having such short attention spans and burnout on games, and that's with working 2 jobs and grad school, not being a streamer/youtuber.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Liam also does this (although to a lesser extent) and it's sometimes unbearable. One moment they'll be praising a game, the next day they'll mention never wanting to play it again because it wasn't over in 10 hours.
I'm not asking for asking everyone to enjoy 100 hour slugfests like Persona but I can't wrap my head around having such short attention spans and burnout on games, and that's with working 2 jobs and grad school, not being a streamer/youtuber.

If you're someone that games in short bursts, 40h+ games can get to be kind of a slog. I have free time, but I can't do more than 2h at a time, maybe I'll go 4h if I'm in my "obsessed about this poo poo" mode, but that's kinda rare. It doesn't help that longer games usually mean slower paced games, so if I just wanna pop something up for an hour or so I'll very often look at one of the RPGs I've started months ago and go nah, because I know one hour is gonna be me remembering what I was supposed to do, cleaning up my inventory and walking to the next objective while not really accomplishing anything. I guess it's more about liking to have a completed "loop" during every gaming session - Nier Automata was long, but I felt like I progressed in the main story with every session. P5 is gigantic (and I still haven't finished it) but you can kinda go "okay, I'm gonna make it to the dungeon" or "I'm gonna complete the dungeon" in that time. Plus I do feel open worlds have taken over gaming and they just add a ton of hours to games that could've been tighter experiences, especially when you have to take 5min at a time to reach whatever place you wanna reach. You know what makes Divinity: Original Sin 2 a way better game? Increasing your movespeed by 200%.

Anyway, gently caress that noise, watch this. It's important.

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/915484320214736896

edit: also I'm glad the guys realized this ghost convo was stupid enough that it deserved to be highlighted as a separate video. Also also, Woolie is right. You tell me "I saw this ghost of a dumb girl playing piano here at midnight", eh, who cares. You tell me "there's a hellhound here that feasts on human flesh", I'm staying the gently caress outta that place.

Dias fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 4, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

HGH posted:

I haven't followed anything he's done/said since he left but I remember him being the opposite - he had no standards whatsoever and would put unreasonable amounts of time into obvious dreck, week in week out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam puts in 5 to 8 hour single sessions of games. He is not matt.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Apparently that Quicksave channel has been monetizing their content:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/73tsbz/heads_up_we_do_not_endorse_the_channel_quicksave/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

God drat it you loving piece of poo poo, you make good compilations why gently caress it all up by doing this

Least I'm ad blocking any ads he has on them I guess

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

nerdman42 posted:

I'm more upset that Matt treats ghosts as "more real" then monsters just because there's been ghost sighting claims all around the world, as opposed to monsters which only have a few locational sightings.

I'm kinda with Woolie. At least in so far as the earlier statements of "ghosts all around the world" immediately makes me think of idiot ghost hunter videos, and people talking bout vaguely spooky things happening, things moving and hauntings. Like Woolie made the point, but ghost immediately conjures the thought of a spooky thing that passes through walls. A monster makes me think of something that will eat me.

Basically there's more low tier ghosts then there are low tier monsters, but there are some really high tier ghosts.

e: Now I want a Tier Zoo, but for horror monsters/ghosts/etc.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 4, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Liam puts in 5 to 8 hour single sessions of games. He is not matt.
He can make some pretty absurdly long streams, but it's the stuff off-screen where it seems he hates some games purely because of their length.
But yeah I think I'm drifting too off-topic, I definitely didn't means he's ADHD like Matt.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I haven't followed anything he's done/said since he left but I remember him being the opposite - he had no standards whatsoever and would put unreasonable amounts of time into obvious dreck, week in week out.
Having played some of the dreck he mentioned back then it becomes he obvious that he hasn't finished a lot of the stuff he recommends. He also buys a lot of stuff just to show support as it were.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Invictus posted:

God drat it you loving piece of poo poo, you make good compilations why gently caress it all up by doing this

Least I'm ad blocking any ads he has on them I guess

It was pretty fun to see his latest video flooded with comments calling him a bastard. At least the community can do that much.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This monster v ghosts argument is killing me lmao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was wondering what the big deal was, it was taking a moment for it to click that it's not actually Paige's channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Contrary to the recent Scrublords, mixed art styles can be cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liqrfUYsOtA