Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slothrop posted:

oh hey chat bread bread chat

I made these delicious flatbreads tonight. I modified the recipe slightly buy throwing some oregano, rosemary and thyme that was sitting in the fridge in there.

The chicken was cooked beer can style, which is the first time I've done it. I figured it'd be a gimmick but it turned out real good. God I love charcoal!

use the same recipe and cook it spatchcocked next time, it will be even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

pulled an all nighter to find and summarize tech articles on distinctly non-technical aspects of hobby rockets that are commonly known through word of mouth but that no scientist has ever sat down and written a paper about and then dealt with nightmare traffic assholes on the drive to school weeeeeee

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

You can adopt me.

I'm also wishing I had a kid to buy poo poo for, but no luck so far. That's my E/N for the day.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Siochain posted:

You can adopt me.

I'm also wishing I had a kid to buy poo poo for, but no luck so far. That's my E/N for the day.

Holy poo poo my kid would love that!
OTHO when you have kids you don't really have that much money, especially when splitting up with the mum because you're a sadbrains.
Seriously though I can and will make sacrifices to make that happen.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 4, 2017

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

BraveUlysses posted:

use the same recipe and cook it spatchcocked next time, it will be even better.

For realsies. Once you go spatchcock you never go back :respek: I am thinking for Thanksgiving this year I am going to spatchcock and smoke a small turkey. We are spending that holiday with my wife's family and with the celiac thing she won't be able to eat anything that her mum makes so we will need to pack her own food. She should be able to enjoy the holiday too!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Spatchcock is the gws equivalent of petcock, or it ought to be. Spatchcock.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keykey posted:

In detroit, you can purchase blocks of houses. A buddy and I were looking into joint venture slum lording a while back, because of foreclosures, you can get 9 houses for 90k. Presumably 3/4 rented after taxes, property management, etc.. you can make 36k a year.

late but you pay 10k/house for them provided that you pay the taxes currently outstanding on them, which may be as much as $50,000.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Yeah, and how will you find people that want to live there to rent them?

Enourmo posted:

Spatchcock is the gws equivalent of petcock, or it ought to be. Spatchcock.
If you just want roasted chicken, spatchcock is the way to do it. Cooks pretty evenly in the same time as random chicken pieces do and doesn't dry out.
But if you want a compound butter under the skin and cavity full of lemon and thyme, then doing it whole is worth the extra effort and cooking time I believe. (haven't bothered for ages though; cook quick - feed kid..)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 4, 2017

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

blk posted:

Welp, was just laid off without warning. Fits nicely with my poo poo marriage, house I hate and parenthood I regret.

What's wrong with the house?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Interesting idea, but looks like a lot of sizzle on a very bland Pi steak.

I did preorder this for one of my kids, though: http://www.microcenter.com/site/content/Google_AIY_Preorder.aspx

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
You'd think that after 30 years of practice, I'd be able to wipe my own rear end without getting poop on my hands.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You'd think that after 30 years of practice, I'd be able to wipe my own rear end without getting poop on my hands.

I would :hfive: you on that, but...yeah.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

willroc7 posted:

What's wrong with the house?

It's occupied by an emotional vampire that is slowly sucking away his will to live.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I love having to print things to hand in, I love having to deal with either the print lab in the student zoonion, or the engineering computer lab where EVERY TIME YOU LOG ON TO A DIFFERENT MACHINE IT HAS TO DO THE WIN10 INITIAL SETUP MOLASSES BULLSHIT

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Enourmo posted:

I love having to print things to hand in, I love having to deal with either the print lab in the student zoonion, or the engineering computer lab where EVERY TIME YOU LOG ON TO A DIFFERENT MACHINE IT HAS TO DO THE WIN10 INITIAL SETUP MOLASSES BULLSHIT

So uh... why not get a printer of your own?

Lower end laser/LED printers are downright reasonable these days if you want pro-level print quality with a low cost per page. You can usually find a Brother or Samsung on Amazon for <$75, including starter toner.

Inkjets are cheaper up front, but holy poo poo feeding them ink gets expensive.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Sometimes places like Staples have inkjet printers for sub $50. They're practically disposable.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

man the pollen count must be high today, even with having an anti-histamine I can feel my nose wanting to run and general can't be hosed-ness.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Sometimes places like Staples have inkjet printers for sub $50. They're practically disposable.
It's amazing the number of those cheap inkjet printers are dumped out on nature strips during hard rubbish weekends, out numbering old CRT TVs 2:1

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Are historical politics allowed to be talked about here in the Adult Insecurity Chat Thread? What's the cutoff date? Like, if I assert that generally, much of the world's current problems are a direct result of the Norman invasion of England... is that allowed? :ohdear:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
When the cartridges cost over 3x as much as the printer + 1/3rd sized carts, it's not hard to understand why the environment is going to poo poo.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Are historical politics allowed to be talked about here in the Adult Insecurity Chat Thread? What's the cutoff date? Like, if I assert that generally, much of the world's current problems are a direct result of the Norman invasion of England... is that allowed? :ohdear:

Hahaha someones pissed off at their sixxer

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Fine, I'll change my topic to talking about how I saw Bape Culture today and unrelatedly, how the new forums CSS is trash garbage.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cool thanks

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I also saw this nifty license plate, keeping in the topic of "Generations of M3's"

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bullshit

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

Hahaha someones pissed off at their sixxer

I can't throw shade on that... sigtrap and IOC both got nastygrams from me after sixxers. :wink:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I on the other hand sent a nice message to IOC the one time I got probated in AI (for arguing with the artist formerly known as meatpimp, ironically enough) and he agreed that in retrospect, he had identified that my cool and good status was in fact intact.* Siggy never probed me, wonder how he is doing and if he still has the Froot Aston.

*artist's interpretation

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ether Frenzy posted:

I on the other hand sent a nice message to IOC the one time I got probated in AI (for arguing with the artist formerly known as meatpimp, ironically enough) and he agreed that in retrospect, he had identified that my cool and good status was in fact intact.* Siggy never probed me, wonder how he is doing and if he still has the Froot Aston.

*artist's interpretation

In my own defense, I did send a "yep, I own that one" to IOC, too. :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I cant remember the last time I got sixxxed. I know my longest probation was for calling out a racist which I wear with pride.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

[ASK] me about probations

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I can't remember ever getting probated, because I haven't, to my great shame.

I know it must come as a surprise to many of you, considering my posting.

My bad posts are too small time for these big city mods.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Seminal Flu posted:

In my own defense, I did send a "yep, I own that one" to IOC, too. :)

Growth and maturity for all of us :hf:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

[ASK] me about probations

Lol. Nub, I got probed by Radium... and not the autoban stuff, the legit "Radium had to write a reason to probe me" way.

And the reason was that I was a dick. I don't remember it, but I'm sure that's true.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

Lol. Nub, I got probed by Radium... and not the autoban stuff, the legit "Radium had to write a reason to probe me" way.

And the reason was that I was a dick. I don't remember it, but I'm sure that's true.

quote:

No, the report button is not for tattling on someone for a single misspelled word. User loses posting privileges for 1 day.

lmaoooo

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Guys I literally cannot handle this loving CSS anymore.
Why would someone do this?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Keep trying. I set a high bar, but you have potential.

(and for anyone creeping my history, I still contend that the wing on the Noble was seriously stupid.)

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 4, 2017

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So uh... why not get a printer of your own?

Lower end laser/LED printers are downright reasonable these days if you want pro-level print quality with a low cost per page. You can usually find a Brother or Samsung on Amazon for <$75, including starter toner.

Inkjets are cheaper up front, but holy poo poo feeding them ink gets expensive.

Look I appreciate your faith in assuming I'm getting these papers done the evening before where I'd be home to use such a printer,

but

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Seminal Flu posted:

Keep trying. I set a high bar, but you have potential.

(and for anyone creeping my history, I still contend that the wing on the Noble was seriously stupid.)

All of your IOC probes are funny as hell

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I got probied once because I posted a real big gif. :downs:

Obviously my forums life is just as exciting as my real life.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I got banned once, followed by a month off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I got 2 truckloads of free(heavy as fuuuuuuuuck) shelving from a school reno.

Most of it is going to end up in the basement, but i might be able to rig up a full wall of shelving/workspace against the back wall of my garage and get the full width back.

• Locked thread