Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/915566142797832192

trump will break every brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

i admit that i was wrong

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/915554709192286208

goodbrains just hosed puerto rico even harder lol, bonds down 30%

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Regular Nintendo posted:

why do the forums look like fisher-price web design now

lowtax has cataracts

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

brugroffil posted:

what is so hard about hardcoding your algorithm to exclude loving 4chan?

the internet should be free :angel:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

looool

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I just wanna add what's so brain-breaking about THIS mass shooting is not just the higher death count, but the shooter. Usually we have a neat little set of boxes for the media to put the murdering man men in:

Unabomber - crazy rear end manifesto, lived in a cabin in the woods
Columbine - high school kids bullied plot their revenge
Sandy Hook - disturbed young man with mental health issues
Dylan Roof - white supremeicst trying to start a race war
San Bernadino - radicalized muslim
Pulse nightclub - radicalized repressed gay muslim
Las Vegas - retired rich white accountant?

Lets play one of these things is not like the other.

Watching the interview with the brother...the murderer for 99% of his adult life was the cool rich uncle who would treat your family to an expensive dinner then go jet-setting around the world on a whim. I can think of a dozen people like that I know in my own life who I love to hang out with and if one of them went on a shooting spree tomorrow I'd have the same exact reaction. But unless some brain tumor, crazy rear end manifesto or diary turns up, he may as well have woke up one morning and decided he was bored and wanted to go out murdering 60 people.

The brother is the most sane person I've seen on tv in a while and I would love to have a beer with him and never bring up the massacre.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Maybe he's pulling a Hudsucker Proxy

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Maybe he's pulling a Hudsucker Proxy

drat thats a good movei

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfsAXznUoBM

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

brugroffil posted:

making GBS threads on GG because the characters are all awful people misses the entire point of the book. it's not even subtle about how awful everyone in the story is supposed to be and the author's contempt for them is a bunch of flashing neon lights.

You can get the point and not enjoy it or find it brilliant. To me all of the characters mechanically dragged the morality play forward with zero emotional investment with the same pathos as reefer madness. Don't resent or mind people liking the book, but it's a little much to bring the torches for disagreeing.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/915554709192286208

goodbrains just hosed puerto rico even harder lol, bonds down 30%

nah if the federal government bails them out on the bonds, that's 100% good for PR. If bondholders get hosed somehow in it, oh well, gently caress bondholders vultures.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*flips coin*

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

deathbysnusnu posted:

You can get the point and not enjoy it or find it brilliant. To me all of the characters mechanically dragged the morality play forward with zero emotional investment with the same pathos as reefer madness. Don't resent or mind people liking the book, but it's a little much to bring the torches for disagreeing.

yeah but that's not what that Vice article was. You can criticize the book all you want, just don't miss the entire point of the novel while doing it. That idiot author of the article thought it was portraying everyone in a good light, as good people we should like instead of awful people to be hated.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know, at some point, I'd really like someone to ask Donald Trump what exactly his ideal news world would look like? Would there be multiple news outlets? Would it just be FOX and Friends on 24/7?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/foxnation/status/915556036718813189

Fox News is a subsidiary of RT?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Nastier Nate posted:

Watching the interview with the brother...the murderer for 99% of his adult life was the cool rich uncle who would treat your family to an expensive dinner then go jet-setting around the world on a whim.

a cool uncle, doing cool uncle things, like being publicly and chronically abusive to his girlfriend

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

TMMadman posted:

You know, at some point, I'd really like someone to ask Donald Trump what exactly his ideal news world would look like? Would there be multiple news outlets? Would it just be FOX and Friends on 24/7?

There would be dozens and dozens of outlets that praise him 24/7 on how good of a big boy Donald is.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
what browser are you guys using that the forums even look different? poo poo just looks like a normal vanilla forum for me on chrome and firefox

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

mwsh cant give blood :•|

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
my favorite vice article is the one about making cocktails with your friend's cum

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/915460576872038405

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

im the twee af men in front

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i eel great too, theresa

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

juche avocado posted:

im the twee af men in front

Holy poo poo, I just noticed there are only like 5 guys in the entire picture.

edit - on a recount, I think it's like 7, but one of those guys is the guy who comes halfway into the frame next to the 2 guys in front.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

new kind of cat posted:

my favorite vice article is the one about making cocktails with your friend's cum

I assume cernovich is related somehow. If no fapping builds your masculine essence, blowing all your friends should make you an immortal cum vampire.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

new kind of cat posted:

a long time ago i watched a vice video where they sent a stoner kid who looked like he weighed 110lbs deep into the amazon to try a drug where you burn yourself and then rub a poison frog on the wound—he spent the whole video complaining, getting bit by thousands of mosquitos, and then the frog thing just made him nauseous and he laid down for a while. I haven't really visited VICE since

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/18/354592085/300-000-000-is-a-horrific-poetic-anti-ode-to-america

the author of the gatsby trash is blake butler he knows its clickbait garbage

he's nite crew af

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

i admit that i was wrong

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/915569968347009025

they ain't wrong

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
an angry white man with a literal arsenal of questionably legal firearms

no red flag here must be tied to them mooselimbs in some way case closed great work everyone

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

brugroffil posted:

nah if the federal government bails them out on the bonds, that's 100% good for PR. If bondholders get hosed somehow in it, oh well, gently caress bondholders vultures.

LOL if you think that Trump is actually going to get behind forgiving PR's debt and LOL even harder if you think it would get through this Congress.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

immortal cum vampire.

havent i made enough gangtags??????

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

LOL if you think that Trump is actually going to get behind forgiving PR's debt and LOL even harder if you think it would get through this Congress.

DSLAM
Apr 4, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

what the gently caress evne is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

BUSH 2112 posted:

what browser are you guys using that the forums even look different? poo poo just looks like a normal vanilla forum for me on chrome and firefox

I'm on chrome. I don't know what the gently caress.
I do think I still have the SA last read extension which may be causing this now that I think about it.

• Locked thread