Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

brugroffil posted:

yeah but that's not what that Vice article was. You can criticize the book all you want, just don't miss the entire point of the novel while doing it. That idiot author of the article thought it was portraying everyone in a good light, as good people we should like instead of awful people to be hated.

starship troopers the movie is fascist TRASH

also dredd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

brugroffil posted:

nah if the federal government bails them out on the bonds, that's 100% good for PR. If bondholders get hosed somehow in it, oh well, gently caress bondholders vultures.

except he's not going to bail out puerto rico, so openly musing about screwing the bondholders just makes it harder for their government to raise money

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

:jackbud:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

LOL if you think that Trump is actually going to get behind forgiving PR's debt and LOL even harder if you think it would get through this Congress.

it won't happen but I also don't give a gently caress about a temporary drop in PR's bond values

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/WayneSlater/status/915554807607431169

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I'm on chrome. I don't know what the gently caress.
I do think I still have the SA last read extension which may be causing this now that I think about it.

i also use salads tread and things are wonky

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Trump will bail on Puerto Rico

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

new kind of cat posted:

my favorite vice article is the one about making cocktails with your friend's cum

custom ice cube trays are cheap nowadays

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the good kelly on this page

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I do think I still have the SA last read extension which may be causing this now that I think about it.

lowtax has been loving with the font size and other things lately.

I don't know why but it's breaking things and making the forums look awful

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
It's good you can donate blood even if you have hosed/been hosed by a horse

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/915570544648572928

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

I legit enjoyed the vice bit on Ugandan moonshine and their alcoholism epidemic. They do dumb poo poo, but is it really worse than putting a panel of two trump apologists, a moderate, and two dems on for everything or months of missing airline coverage.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Duh, of course the answer is yes.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

the first brain Trump ever broke was his own

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

LOL if you think

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

it is still hilarious to me that trump's "she's got blood coming out of her wherever" comment actually boosted his career and ended megyn kelly's

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

dont get why people cant get the confounding effect [bad] education can have on book opinions

good lit education uses the specific literature as a vehicle to teach lit & language, examines what works & what doesn't, idk other stuff. delves into themes and how they're expressed or not so well expressed. touches on mb the writer didn't even mean those themes???? :o

not everyone has had Great school teachers. sometimes people get

"here is this prototype of good literature. it is good. i am assigning the book because of its goodness. let us bask in the quality of this softpaper-bound prose."

"whats it called"

"the lord of the flies"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Unperson_47 posted:

what the gently caress evne is this

the cartoonist for the onion

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

huh, maybe adblock automatically turns off the css or whatever these forums use. one day the background and color theme just went away for me and i assumed people had just complained and the admins got rid of it

punchymcpunch posted:

starship troopers the movie is fascist TRASH

also dredd

starship troopers isn't the kind of movie you watch for political enlightenment, it's the kind of movie you watch because you just smoked a shitload of weed

and it's good :colbert:

well maybe not good, but entertaining

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

it is still hilarious to me that trump's "she's got blood coming out of her wherever" comment actually boosted his career and ended megyn kelly's

I said nothing wrong because I never finished my statement. Remember I said like 'blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.' I was talking her ears or her nose. Everybody said, 'Oh that’s terrible what he said.' I didn’t say anything.
\

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

What a guy

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

juche avocado posted:

dont get why people cant get the confounding effect [bad] education can have on book opinions

good lit education uses the specific literature as a vehicle to teach lit & language, examines what works & what doesn't, idk other stuff. delves into themes and how they're expressed or not so well expressed. touches on mb the writer didn't even mean those themes???? :o

not everyone has had Great school teachers. sometimes people get

"here is this prototype of good literature. it is good. i am assigning the book because of its goodness. let us bask in the quality of this softpaper-bound prose."

"whats it called"

"the lord of the flies"

Sucks to your rear end mar

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
'I said nothing wrong because I never finished my statement' is amazing by itself

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/915568738396786688

matt has taken to refuting random maga bot accounts on twitter for some reason

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

juche avocado posted:

Yeah—additionally, if a teacher teaches like this it's also 1000x more enjoyable for the students. There's nothing worse than being forced to slog through an endless book you hate without having the opportunity to voice your frustrations in class, and that's probably why most Americans don't read books.

My best English teacher had us read a bunch of different translations of Beowulf: we would compare the language and talk about which worked better, how the word choice affected the "feel" of the passages, etc... it ruled

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, I just don't understand how Trumps political career just isn't impacted by things that would make any other politician run straight for the hills.

I mean Mitt Romney got trashed for the binder full of women comment. Trump flat out admits that he's sexually assaulted women and then it gets brushed off as 'locker room talk.'

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

the cartoonist for the onion

when i've seen these cartoons by that guy in this thread for nearly the past year since trump did 11/9, i never knew he worked for the onion and believed they were not satirical. no bullshit lmao just another brokebrain here myself

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

deathbysnusnu posted:

I legit enjoyed the vice bit on Ugandan moonshine and their alcoholism epidemic. They do dumb poo poo, but is it really worse than putting a panel of two trump apologists, a moderate, and two dems on for everything or months of missing airline coverage.

Only thing that annoyed me about that was that he never figured out to just sip and pass. The one they did on backyard wrestling was nuts.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Unperson_47 posted:

when i've seen these cartoons by that guy in this thread for nearly the past year since trump did 11/9, i never knew he worked for the onion and believed they were not satirical. no bullshit lmao just another brokebrain here myself

poes law doesnt really work anymore

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
"90% of cases of sciatica last less than six weeks." :shepface:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/KPRC2/status/915572226619052033

:yeah:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh yeah fyi the way bumpfire stocks work is that its like there's a spring between the gun and the part of the stock that impacts your shoulder, so the gun bounces backwards into the stock a bit, and then it ofc bounces back forward

you pull the trigger then hold your finger still, and the gun bouncing forward makes another trigger pull, shooting the gun again

since machine guns are defined by how many bullets per trigger pull, its still technically a semi auto gun!!!!!!

Honest question gun man, is this something that can be targeted by legislation or not.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

poes law doesnt really work anymore

tbf, i do not read the onion at all

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

HI

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

My level of gunkata knowledge is limited to the ones on the T2 arcade machine

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

everybody hates megyn

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hi zehgrmans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, I just don't understand how Trumps political career just isn't impacted by things that would make any other politician run straight for the hills.

I mean Mitt Romney got trashed for the binder full of women comment. Trump flat out admits that he's sexually assaulted women and then it gets brushed off as 'locker room talk.'

trump has no shame and doesn't give a gently caress. that's basically it

it's also why i'm afraid for when someone like that comes along but is also mentally competent

• Locked thread