Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I can basically crank everything to ultra and end up with 80+ average fps so it's all about image clarity and tryhard-ism.

This plus textures on very high seems to strike the balance. The other AA modes are too foggy and blurry, so MSAA seems like the best compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Black Griffon posted:

This plus textures on very high seems to strike the balance. The other AA modes are too foggy and blurry, so MSAA seems like the best compromise.

In order to get TAA to not look like dogshit you have to go into the ini and change TAASharpenFactor to 0.500000.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

I can basically crank everything to ultra and end up with 80+ average fps so it's all about image clarity and tryhard-ism.

There used to be Temporal Filtering setting under anti-aliasing that increased your performance while not affecting clarity, so developers removed it in the last update because no one of them plays the game.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
instead of dissecting a reddit thesis on ping abuse and cyber ballistic angles im gonna just accept the fact that a person peeking someone else in a fixed position has an inherent advantage because they can use their intuition to prefire while the defender has to be on guard and ready.

there isn't really anything you can do about it anyway and i feel like it isn't going to be why you're winning or losing unless you're playing at such an amazingly high tier that your opponent might actually be skilled enough to left click slightly faster than you

discord goons play every night and form groups with players from all around the world so you will almost always see someone with high ping with each of us having experienced high ping at some point or the other

it has never felt totally game breaking even though there are situations where it seems like lag had created a sort of advantage but it isn't something so regular that you can blame repeatedly losing matches on it.

the entire backbone of siege gameplay is about adapting to constantly changing variables where players have vastly differing abilities so lol

edit: also unrelated but @Ela's supposed mine reduction - i've noticed that i almost always have 1 left after setting up the defense anyway so it is hardly a nerf. and really i just save that last one for shields and improvising ambushes when roaming which isnt gonna change unless they reduce ela's carrying capacity to 1 or 2 mines

Thief fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 4, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I think spawn peeking is still a far greater issue than peekers advantage. Having one person be able to run out and nearly kill an entire team by themselves within the first few seconds just shouldn't be happening. And now it's even worse since they took away the bloody effect when defenders go outside.

Much like how you can't throw items outside of the map until the round starts I think that inside the first 10-15 seconds of the round starting it should completely blur a defenders view if they go outside.

I'm not gonna say defenders shouldn't be able to go outside because there are very real reasons you'd want to go outside and routes that are almost required to take if you are going to rotate into a more advantageous spot. It's not even a lovely risk reward mechanic, it's just lovely.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Sums up last nights games (not my gif)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ten_twentyfour posted:

Sums up last nights games (not my gif)

You think Ela hasn't been stabbed before?

also lol console

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Not my gif, got it on reddit. Just sums up last nights (PC) games, where we'd be seeing blood spray everywhere then the kill cams show no damage taken at all.

also lol every one of your posts

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I didn't say it was your gif, I said lol console, the only place where the enemy will run 360 degrees in a circle before shooting you while you stare pensively off into the distance.

Also lol at your forgettable posts

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Better forgettable than full of demonstrably false information and silver II strats

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shut up, nerds.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I'm not mad at the internet, I'm just taking a breather is all.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

This confirms my suspicions that you aren't fixing thing game. :colbert:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Hard posted:

GET BACK TO WORK.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ten_twentyfour posted:

Better forgettable than full of demonstrably false information and silver II strats

loving lmao

god bless my silver 2 strats

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 4, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

loving lmao

god bless my silver 2 strats

God, that chibi looks hideous.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The skin looks a bit derpy as well, I got it because I like to throw money at games i'm bad at but it don't look great.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

The skin looks a bit derpy as well, I got it because I like to throw money at games i'm bad at but it don't look great.

I don't mind the skin, I just find this particular chibi really uncanny. The only skin I outright protest is legendary Rook.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I don't mind the skin, I just find this particular chibi really uncanny. The only skin I outright protest is legendary Rook.

Only bought it for the maskless Twitch skin, more cool-looking realistic uniforms please Ubisoft

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Only bought it for the maskless Twitch skin, more cool-looking realistic uniforms please Ubisoft

I actually got to see an in-person test with Frost last night. One person was using the Blood Orchid skin and one was using the default arctic one and boy, what a difference it makes. After seeing it use side-by-side (well round by round) it makes such a big difference with spotting her that I will never go back to the white outfit (not that I planned on it but hey).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They need to let us swap uniforms when picking ops so I can tactically switch back to white when the prodigal Yacht returns

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Is that the fishbowl head one? I think half of the legendary skins are a bit ehhh, but I can't run the game on high settings with my aging potato pc so thats more to blame than Ubi.

Kapkan looks wicked at least.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Is that the fishbowl head one? I think half of the legendary skins are a bit ehhh, but I can't run the game on high settings with my aging potato pc so thats more to blame than Ubi.

Kapkan looks wicked at least.

Yeah that's the aquarium cosmonaut.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it looks odd.

The new Jäger skin looks cool but wish Jackal was getting it as well, could buy in a heartbeat. When is it available for purchase?

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
You guys are all wrong, rook has the best legendary. HTH

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol when they implement something like this and its bugged for a year so 1 in 3 matches you just have that effect the entire time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hey Hard why is "nig" allowed your Uplay name but "poo" isn't?

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Is there any point reporting 'suspicious behaviour' when the round 1 is about to start and GasTheJews1488 types a bunch of racist poo poo with no context? This happens nearly every game but I never see the same players again so idk

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AbortRetryFail posted:

Is there any point reporting 'suspicious behaviour' when the round 1 is about to start and GasTheJews1488 types a bunch of racist poo poo with no context? This happens nearly every game but I never see the same players again so idk

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AbortRetryFail posted:

Nope. Ubi doesn't do poo poo. We reported many times with screenshots and all and keep seeing the same racist assholes week after week.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Clearly there are fine folks on both teams.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah Hard let us know if there is any point wasting time screencapping racist assholes who rage and reporting them, if I have to play with another keksupernigkek I will.... uh

Won't buy rainbow six bucks? I just did to get the year one ops so this threat is p. hollow

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ubi shouldn't reset peoples names. gently caress them for not letting me be ComeGuzzler_69. Fuckin racists.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

As long as you know you can guzzle cum in your heart, I'm pretty sure that's all that matters

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Maybe is ubi wasn't so fuckin racist I would be able to sitll have the name.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Special Forces being huge racists is canon to the Tom Clancy Multimedia Universe as well as IRL

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I've learned playing some Terrorist Hunt matches that the players who primarily play PvE are the kindest but most silent, casual are the most toxic and sweaty, and ranked are just People Who Like Rainbow Six Siege

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

On EAU nearly every match in ranked has at least 1 megaracist, and up to an entire team of "Heheheh is this bots???? EZ EZ EZ EZ WIN" even if it is overtime 4-5. It's usually the guy lowest on the scoreboard that is the loudest too which is funny.

Casual is awful I'm too scared to go in there

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

keyframe posted:

Nope. Ubi doesn't do poo poo. We reported many times with screenshots and all and keep seeing the same racist assholes week after week.
Are you surprised the Quebecoise don't care about racism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

GET BACK TO WORK.

No i meant from this bad thread.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Are you surprised the Quebecoise don't care about racism?

Québecois*

See you guys in a bit.

• Locked thread