Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ajayi is my flex. I could possibly package him with TY to get Jordy or Gronk (my current TE is Graham).

But, now TY is a hold with Luck possibly coming back in 2 weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
KICKER TALK - I hate myself for even asking:

can i drop Justin Tucker for Legatron?

REAL QUESTION

Should I drop Mariota for Watson?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

89 posted:

Ajayi is my flex. I could possibly package him with TY to get Jordy or Gronk (my current TE is Graham).

But, now TY is a hold with Luck possibly coming back in 2 weeks?

Hm one RB with a questionable future + one WR with a questionable future I won't want to use for two weeks or one of two of the top-ten pass catchers in the NFL, both of which are the apple of a top three QB's eye

:thunk:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TommyGun85 posted:

KICKER TALK - I hate myself for even asking:

can i drop Justin Tucker for Legatron?

REAL QUESTION

Should I drop Mariota for Watson?

Legatron and no. He' might be out a couple weeks at worst I don't see that being worth dropping him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gah. Vetoed. How loving frustrating ah well

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

What do we realllly think about Latavius Murray?

Blount hit the waivers but will be on them for an extra couple of days. I've got #5 waiver. But, I'd have to pass on Latavius Murray, Ellington, Funchess, Green Bay Jones, Green Bay Allison, Lacy, Gallman, Rawls, Collins, and most importantly Jake Elliott.....to be in a position to get Blount (his waiver is Friday). Which, if the dudes in front of me don't make any moves, then I can't get him anyways. I'm just counting on them biting on the hot waiver pickups this week.

Well. Latavius Murray cleared waivers somehow even though there was 9 waiver moves 🤷🏻‍♂️

Puts me in waiver #3 for Blount...but waiver #1 & #2 are also Eagles fans, but negligent fantasy football owners.... tune in for next weeks episode!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Dropped my kicker to grab Alfred Morris this morning just in case. Anyone that is RB needy and has a free bench spot/kicker to drop might want to do the same. I doubt Zeke ends up serving that suspension this year, but you never know.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Anyone think Murray will right the ship this season?

Thinking of trying to package a deal together with Ajayi and a WR for Murray to the guy who is 0-4 and desperate but not sure if it's worth it in the long term

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Legatron got picked up in waivers in both my leagues. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a waiver claim on a kicker before...

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

Anyone think Murray will right the ship this season?

Thinking of trying to package a deal together with Ajayi and a WR for Murray to the guy who is 0-4 and desperate but not sure if it's worth it in the long term

Demarco? No. I'd keep Ajayi. I think he breaks out soon. The Dolphins have flown to LA, London, and NY. This is their first home game and I hope they'll be a little bit better.

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 4, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I will say, one benefit to having a move limit this year has been the huge increase in trades.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is Jaquizz worth keeping on my roster now that Martin is back? I need a kicker for Bryant's bye week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Is Jaquizz worth keeping on my roster now that Martin is back? I need a kicker for Bryant's bye week.

I'd hold him for at least another week, personally. Who is your next best drop candidate? (The real answer is drop Bryant)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd hold him for at least another week, personally. Who is your next best drop candidate? (The real answer is drop Bryant)

People are actually rostering backup kickers for some reason so I don't want to be left with like Robbie Gould or something for the rest of the season if I drop him.

Also I just realized Eric Decker is still on my roster so that was an easy decision.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

People are actually rostering backup kickers for some reason so I don't want to be left with like Robbie Gould or something for the rest of the season if I drop him.

Also I just realized Eric Decker is still on my roster so that was an easy decision.

This is stupid. Drop your kicker.

Edit: I mean yea Decker is certainly droppable, but keeping a backup kicker is absolutely ridiculous.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not keeping a backup I'm rostering him for a week to cover a bye and dropping him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm in a 14 team league and I have Crowder who is done worse than bad since he has had two weeks of negative points. I'm thinking of dropping him, but the waiver wire is atrocious, I hate playing in a league this big.

The only guys I see worth picking up are Bryce Butler, Robby Anderson, or Smith-Schuster. Does Crowder have any upside at all this season? He's sitting on my bench until he finally has a decent game, but I'm debating just outright swapping him out for one of these guys.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Having 2 kickers on your team at any point is bad. It is the opposite of being smart.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dealing in absolutes and being completely unwilling to adjust your strategy based on what other teams are doing is a really fast way to lose leagues. I'll be ok without having my sixth receiver for a week.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Dealing in absolutes and being completely unwilling to adjust your strategy based on what other teams are doing is a really fast way to lose leagues. I'll be ok without having my sixth receiver for a week.

I'm doing the same thing to get by Lutz's bye week. Dropped Decker for a temporary kicker. Don't want to drop Lutz since he's #2 kicker in the league right now.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
I'm going to pass on throwing Martin out there in his first game back. Doesn't seem right.

Having said that, I seemed to have covered my RB options too well. Fuller is out there on FA and I'd rather drop one of Ingram, Smallwood or Aaron Jones for him.

12-team standard.

Is he worth it or should I sit tight?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Banjo posted:

I'm going to pass on throwing Martin out there in his first game back. Doesn't seem right.

Having said that, I seemed to have covered my RB options too well. Fuller is out there on FA and I'd rather drop one of Ingram, Smallwood or Aaron Jones for him.

12-team standard.

You can drop Aaron Jones for him. Don't drop Ingram.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

You've got it reversed. Just like in a draft, if there's a run on QB's, you don't follow suit and grab a QB early, you take advantage and grab whatever good RB/WR that is still available because everyone is taking QB's.

If everyone is rostering two kickers (or defenses, or tight ends, or quarterbacks), that means there are a bunch of actually useful players available that you can use to win your league.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

RisqueBarber posted:

You can drop Aaron Jones for him. Don't drop Ingram.

Thanks!

Should have mentioned both Jaron and John Brown are also out there. Fuller is still the better choice, right?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Liquid Banjo posted:

12-team standard.

All of a sudden Ty Montgomery AND Jamaal Williams might play this week. Aaron Jones is probably droppable.

Definitely don't drop Ingram.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Banjo posted:

Thanks!

Should have mentioned both Jaron and John Brown are also out there. Fuller is still the better choice, right?

I think so but all three are flyers. It's flyers right, not fliers?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

IcePhoenix posted:

Sounds like someone is making an absolute declaration.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

[quote="“IcePhoenix”" post="“477045153”"]
Dealing in absolutes and being completely unwilling to adjust your strategy based on what other teams are doing is a really fast way to lose leagues. I’ll be ok without having my sixth receiver for a week.
[/quote]

I'd drop your entire bench and roster 10 kickers and use them for trade bait.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

I'd drop your entire bench and roster 10 kickers and use them for trade bait.

This. Hold the league hostage. They will have to go along with it because not following suit is a really fast way to lose leagues.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I went FAAB bargain bin shopping and got Gallman and Breida (I own Hyde). Murray went for 206$ out of 500. I didn't even need to pull my bid of 165. I'm still top 3 in leftover budget.

Next up I need to get rid of Britt and Beasley.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I know its Wednesday so most waivers have passed, but if you have the #1 claim, don't be afraid to use it as trade bait.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Heh, nobody is high on Murray at all. Got him with with the 8th waiver. Whatever, I'll take it. Most of my starters are in bye this week :psyduck:

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm in a 14 team league and I have Crowder who is done worse than bad since he has had two weeks of negative points. I'm thinking of dropping him, but the waiver wire is atrocious, I hate playing in a league this big.

There's a pretty good break down on Crowder about 3-4 pages ago (look for whoever quoted me). I'm still holding onto him but I'm really close to cutting him. I am waiting until at least after their bye.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Heh, nobody is high on Murray at all. Got him with with the 8th waiver. Whatever, I'll take it. Most of my starters are in bye this week :psyduck:

There's a pretty good break down on Crowder about 3-4 pages ago (look for whoever quoted me). I'm still holding onto him but I'm really close to cutting him. I am waiting until at least after their bye.

I dropped Crowder this week. No reason having a worthless WR on bye sitting on my bench this week. I doubt anyone claims him and I'll just grab him if needed later this week or put in a low waiver claim for him next if news comes out saying he isn't going to suck after a week off.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The only reason I haven't dropped him is I didn't need the space otherwise I'm right there with you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

You've got it reversed. Just like in a draft, if there's a run on QB's, you don't follow suit and grab a QB early, you take advantage and grab whatever good RB/WR that is still available because everyone is taking QB's.

I did this too though.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds like someone is making an absolute declaration.

Fair point, I'll make another one in that case: Eric Decker is worse than rostering a backup kicker for a single week.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Fair point, I'll make another one in that case: Eric Decker is worse than rostering a backup kicker for a single week.

Seconded

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A good alternative to Britt and Beasley are You have 2 unfilled roster spots.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

I dropped Crowder this week. No reason having a worthless WR on bye sitting on my bench this week. I doubt anyone claims him and I'll just grab him if needed later this week or put in a low waiver claim for him next if news comes out saying he isn't going to suck after a week off.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The only reason I haven't dropped him is I didn't need the space otherwise I'm right there with you

I spoke too soon. Someone dropped Derrick Henry last night so i just put in a claim for him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Spoeank posted:

A good alternative to Britt and Beasley are You have 2 unfilled roster spots.

Yep. The problem is we have no FA period, its straight up bidding, twice a week (Wed and Sunday). this is our first year doing FAAB and after I proposed it, the league Napoleon took over and got in the commish's ear about how we need to get rid of FA so THERE'S GUYS ON THE WIRE and WELP there's like, nothing on the wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Twice weekly faab is unfathomably stupid

• Locked thread