Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can someone explain the differences between the sphere grid options in FFX HD? I wanna give it another shot but I remember that choice confusing me & I just picked the regular version from the ps2 game I played a million years ago. Which is better or does it not matter at all? Thanks in advance

expert starts all the characters near eachother so you can build them however you like compared to the standard one which is basically linear until you get lvl2+ keys (probably 10+ hours into the game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think you still need lvl 1 keys to take characters off their path with the expert one though. but you can get some of those from the chocobo eater (early boss) or maybe even earlier

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

Thinking about getting that PS4 version of XII....

in case you're still questioning it: do it

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I should go back and play that. I'm like 4 hours in. Great final fantasy when ur in the mood for it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://go.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak?twitch5=0

These guys are doing a relay race through the entire FF series. They're on FF9 and the two teams are separated by about 4 minutes. Lead has swapped a few times already. I love these kinds of events.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
cool

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Wish I could find the original great crystal map I drew

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
great crystal loving sucked, i hated it. ff12 is good though. pharos was the superior endgame dungeon

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
this is awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao that rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

this is awesome

Lol. The first three FF games and Secret of Mana were pretty much single-handedly programmed by this guy who's still friends with Sakaguchi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasir_Gebelli

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gamer: Wow, these Japanese dudes are freaking nuts!

Insane Iranian guy who hangs around the Square offices: :moonrio:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Liquid Drink posted:

this is awesome

Pwned

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does secret of mana talk belong in the ff thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

does secret of mana talk belong in the ff thread
Yes, one of the early Mana games was released in the US as Final Fantasy Adventure.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
secret of mana hd remake is coming

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, one of the early Mana games was released in the US as Final Fantasy Adventure.

It was called Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan so it was always an FF spinoff anyway

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

I want to eat all the food in FFXV

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFXV pocket edition comes out this week. I'm weirdly interested in playing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the XV multiplayer expansion launches today. I wanna try itout but im guessing the servers will be broken on day 1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a bit of the starts and it's a 1:1 clone of monster hunter in the FFXV engine, it's pretty awesome.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
That effectively sold me on the game. Is it unlocked from the start or do I have to suffer through singlet player on to of being DLC?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I was pumped for this in October and the delay caused me to completely forget about this. Guess I know what I’m playing this weekend now.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Are the dlc episodes worth picking up? Debating whether I should just snag the season pass.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bell_ posted:

That effectively sold me on the game. Is it unlocked from the start or do I have to suffer through singlet player on to of being DLC?

I don't think playing a good game is suffering...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This is weeks old now but the Tactics/12 raid is out in ff14 and it's a real blast. Some of the bosses don't give you a second to breathe, you have to keep moving or they crush you instantly.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Also you get to kill Algus again. Every week.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

has anyone tried final fantasy vr fishing?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jenny Agutter posted:

has anyone tried final fantasy vr fishing?

i need someone on this forum to buy and mail me a playstation vr headset

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Just finished zodiac age... good as hell.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

my morning jackass posted:

Just finished zodiac age... good as hell.

Nice. I’m gonna pick it up on sale this weekend

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

World of Final Fantasy snuck its way on to Steam recently, I had no idea a PC version was even planned. Haven't played it but heard it's maybe alright?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

man nurse posted:

World of Final Fantasy snuck its way on to Steam recently, I had no idea a PC version was even planned. Haven't played it but heard it's maybe alright?

Looks really loving perjoratively gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

Looks really loving perjoratively gay
It's good, actually.