Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
So what I'm hearing is that Brandon Weeden can win the AFC South, good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Probably Magic posted:

So what I'm hearing is that Brandon Weeden can win the AFC South, good to know.

Brandon Weeden won the AFC South two years ago :c00lbert:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

All I'm saying is Texans are kings of this division and someone needs to get up on our level of mediocrity.

Can't see all you 7-9s and 8-8s from my 9-7 throne.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If the Texans hadn't farted away that Patriots game at the end I'd feel really good about the rest of the season sitting 3-1. The Chiefs game is probably a loss, but the rest of the games are very winnable. Rams, Seahawks and Steelers are the only games they shouldn't be favored or at least a very small dog

It's at very least a very manageable schedule

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm calling it now every starting AFC South QB but Bort will be injured by the end of October sorry guys but it's the only thing stupid enough to happen in this reality.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sorry but there's no way my team's small, elusive running QB who does a lot of play action and bootlegs can possibly get hurt

Funny that Schaub used to do naked boots all the drat time and watching Watson do them is like watching Schaub with the film sped up like 2x

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

You think he'll be back that quickly after doing nothing football related since last season ended? Most people seem to be saying in three to four weeks but :shrug:

Did he put on any weight? Because god drat that Dune picture

Apparently he has been throwing, so arm strength won't be too much of an issue. Mainly it's going to be getting back into action, which shouldn't take him long. He looks to be running the scout team this week.

So yeah, I think week 6 is going to be his return date. If all goes well, he'll take the full first team reps next week. And when you have a QB do that, you start them. Doesn't make sense to split reps when the only way Luck is going to get back to form is by practicing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/AWalkerColts/status/915614138675679232

Things are looking up

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Looking forward to Alex Smith taking the helm in JAX in TYOOL 2018.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

Looking forward to Alex Smith taking the helm in JAX in TYOOL 2018.
It is written. I hope he keep his foot on the throttle when he drop bombs to Allen Robinson and friends.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If he could run a little bit, we'd have a few years of Brunell 2.0

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

:pray:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

More like Pat Mahomes will be on the Jags now that Alex has established dominance

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

More like Pat Mahomes will be on the Jags now that Alex has established dominance
This okay too. I dont want to say "Anyone but Bort" because then the monkey paw will curl, but someone different would be nice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This okay too. I dont want to say "Anyone but Bort" because then the monkey paw will curl, but someone different would be nice.

Tom Savage

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Tom Savage
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I mean he may be okay if the OL is good enough, but that statue-esque performance week 1 is pretty damning.

I would like to think that the Jaguars situation next year would be a good one for a QB to walk into, considering the decent running game and great defense. I guess we will see.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Savage has a huge arm and is tall and accurate, but also progresses through his reads really slowly, is a statue in the pocket, and is terrible at feeling pressure

So if you stuck him behind like the Raiders or Titans or Cowboys lines he'd probably be fine

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*
Late to this but after the Patriots game I can kind of see the "Winner" bullshit argument about Watson; playing as a rookie in Foxboro and driving for a potential game-winning score and acts like he's been there. Dude doesn't get rattled, at least not easily.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He should've been smart enough to call timeout though

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*

Intruder posted:

He should've been smart enough to call timeout though

Not his fault the refs didn't call timeout after five seconds of him doing it on live television. :shrug:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Randaconda posted:

Alex Smith is a pretty good scrambler, it's almost his main strength besides not throwing picks

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Hippopo posted:

Not his fault the refs didn't call timeout after five seconds of him doing it on live television. :shrug:

You run up to the refs face.

Hippopo
Apr 2, 2017

*sigh*

Elephanthead posted:

You run up to the refs face.

Why would the refs not be watching the QB in a situation like that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hippopo posted:

lol that's true, you're right I had forgotten about that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNr8vbjQ74o

Deshaun :3:

Also: drat, poor Tom Savage

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 7, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wasnt DeAndre talking up Savage in the preseason?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Wasnt DeAndre talking up Savage in the preseason?

He actually addresses this in the video :colbert:

basically: "That's my quarterback"

He'll just support whoever is playing, unless it's Brian Hoyer I guess in which case it's "get this motherfucker out the game"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

He actually addresses this in the video :colbert:

basically: "That's my quarterback"

He'll just support whoever is playing, unless it's Brian Hoyer I guess in which case it's "get this motherfucker out the game"
Derp, I should have watched the whole thing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I honestly think the Texans are 4-0 right now if BOB hadn't been so stubborn about starting a rookie

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I do think everyone is forgetting how bad he looked preseason. He didn't look remotely ready to start

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

PrinceRandom posted:

I do think everyone is forgetting how bad he looked preseason. He didn't look remotely ready to start

For fairness, nobody REALLY watches preseason.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Imagine believing in Savage after last year's Bengals game though

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

For fairness, nobody REALLY watches preseason.

I would really hope that O'Brien watches preseason. I want to know what went on during practices that led O'Brien to go with Savage over Watson. Is Watson bad enough in practice that O'Brien is as surprised as we are? He revamped the entire offense in 2 weeks to fit what Watson was good at so he was obviously paying some attention, but I'm really flummoxed over the events that led to the Texans starting Watson.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

PrinceRandom posted:

I mean, he was bad, but considering his competition, him starting wasn't out of the running.

I still think (hope) he'll regress back to a mediocre mean, but uhhhhh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

b0ng posted:

I would really hope that O'Brien watches preseason. I want to know what went on during practices that led O'Brien to go with Savage over Watson. Is Watson bad enough in practice that O'Brien is as surprised as we are? He revamped the entire offense in 2 weeks to fit what Watson was good at so he was obviously paying some attention, but I'm really flummoxed over the events that led to the Texans starting Watson.

Supposedly O'Brien wanted Watson to start right away, but of course this info came out after the fact and could easily be bullshit

lol at the constant internal politics between BOB and Rick Smith though

Also part of the reason he was bad in the preseason is because he was throwing to dudes who had no shot of making the team and had no rapport with them whatsoever. You could see that the timing was off. Now that he's working with the ones and practicing with them his accuracy has improved by miles. Same thing with him overthrowing Fuller last week, he just hasn't worked with him enough yet

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 8, 2017

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Remember when Titans fans had confidence this year?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PrinceRandom posted:

like said he didn't look great but his only competition was Savage. I think BOB saying he wanted to start him from the start is just kinda a bit of rear end covering but the dude looked exactly like a possible starter for our team. That's not a super high bar, but he was at it from go.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kirios posted:

Remember when Titans fans had confidence this year?

Sweet children of summer never see the fall coming.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
duvalllllllllllllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

duvalllllllllllllllll

• Locked thread