Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dis astranagant posted:

Flasks are never worth anything. They go from a couple c to dozens of them taking up space in gstash over the course of a couple days.

normally but this league it took ages to get our normal supply of free atziri flasks in the stash due to ancient orbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Perfect Atizri flasks still sell, too.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I've got 10 offerings and in earning that 10th one, I managed to finally unlock Uber Lab. I want to be run through it so I can get the last ascension and be at my current possible peak before going through the process of trying it myself and refining my build. Since this is my first time doing PoE endgame stuff, what's the typical etiquette for being run through Uber Lab? I know the typical "give them an offering, let them pick up the loot" but how do I handle the process of actually going through the lab? Should I check that uber lab website to understand where the doors are? Do I wait for each area to be cleared before I proceed towards the doors? I assume I stay outside while they kill the bosses. Anything obvious I'm overlooking?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Read poelab so you know where to go. Let them run keys and gauntlets if they want. Follow their instructions.

And you don't need to trade them a key, just open it yourself.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Got excited to cash in a full stack of Atziri's Arsenal, received my fifth Aurumvorox. :downsgun:

I also may have used an exalt to see if I could improve my weapon since I have been unable to find anything better. Here's the thing, though.. My character has 105% bleed chance. I rolled 10% chance to bleed, which bummed me out, but opened the possibility of reclaiming a bleed chance passive without losing 100% bleed. However, when I check the character screens, my bleed chance stays at 105%. Is the 10% chance to bleed on hit factored separately from the passive bleed chance?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

Got excited to cash in a full stack of Atziri's Arsenal, received my fifth Aurumvorox. :downsgun:

I also may have used an exalt to see if I could improve my weapon since I have been unable to find anything better. Here's the thing, though.. My character has 105% bleed chance. I rolled 10% chance to bleed, which bummed me out, but opened the possibility of reclaiming a bleed chance passive without losing 100% bleed. However, when I check the character screens, my bleed chance stays at 105%. Is the 10% chance to bleed on hit factored separately from the passive bleed chance?

I think the tooltip is confused by the weapon effect being local and the passives you have being global. Pretty sure it will cap you even if the tooltip says otherwise. What does path of building say?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I think the tooltip is confused by the weapon effect being local and the passives you have being global. Pretty sure it will cap you even if the tooltip says otherwise. What does path of building say?

I've never actually tried path of building, I will give it a look tonight. Thanks.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

I've never actually tried path of building, I will give it a look tonight. Thanks.

Path of Building awesome so you should for sure check it out. Just checked the bleeding stuff out in Path of Building and it does indeed stack. So you are able to drop a node while still being capped.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This spectre change is so amazing, I love kiwigaz so much

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Are you ssf or something? An ex probably could just buy a better weapon for most players.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm glad we finally got persistent spectres but would it have been such a big leap to also make them scale to the zone.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cheap Trick posted:

Congrats! Harbinger is the first league I cleared Uber Lab, so I still have a ways to go

Thanks man. This is the second league I got to clear Uber Lab, so you might not be this far off. There's so much stuff in this game that it makes each league gigantic to someone who plays it casually, I love it.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

Are you ssf or something? An ex probably could just buy a better weapon for most players.

Yeah, SSF. I have always hated trying to trade in these games. If there was an offline single player mode, I'd probably be playing that.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

J posted:

Somehow a bugged flask was created on standard.

Somebody on reddit actually bought it for 22ex. It gives the stats while in the flask slot, all the time. Doesn't scale with flask effectiveness mods, and it can be divined. Chris Wilson called it "interesting" and said not to spend any mirrors on it.

And now the guy who bought it for 22 ex has no flask and is out 22 ex, lol. GGG strikes again.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
couldnt they just have corrupted it to prevent mirroring and let him enjoy his dumb item for 2 more months

e: but then again the guy who bought it was a shitheel boasting about how he fleeced the guy who sold it, so gently caress him

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 4, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I also just realized it probably wouldn';t have been deleted if he hadn't made a thread bragging about it on Reddit lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I also just realized it probably wouldn';t have been deleted if he hadn't made a thread bragging about it on Reddit lol

or if he hadn't made a loving mirror thread

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Soothing Vapors posted:

couldnt they just have corrupted it to prevent mirroring and let him enjoy his dumb item for 2 more months

e: but then again the guy who bought it was a shitheel boasting about how he fleeced the guy who sold it, so gently caress him

on standard

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

silvergoose posted:

on standard
oh I just assumed it was on harb, despite J explicitly saying "standard"

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

or if he hadn't made a loving mirror thread

ya lol

probably would have gotten deleted eventually but he might made his money back first if he was sneakier

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
or maybe it didn't get deleted but he got a hard cash offer worth more than his account and is living the high life on his ill gotten gains

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Game is good but I'm really hitting a wall getting to 90.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Infinite Karma posted:

Then can I get an invite as BrazenHarbinger ?

Good Citizen posted:

Requesting a guild invite as GoodCitizen

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Would like an invite to the guild when there is room. AOK_BF

Invite sent

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

I've been at 89 for longer than it took me to get to 89. I keep pushing into maps with lovely mods like damage reflect and lose like 70% of a level before I ragequit and level an alt. I know I could just keep making incremental gains in easier maps, but think of all the loot I'm missing!

*throws another Auromvorax into a comically overstuffed stash*

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I've been at 89 for longer than it took me to get to 89. I keep pushing into maps with lovely mods like damage reflect and lose like 70% of a level before I ragequit and level an alt. I know I could just keep making incremental gains in easier maps, but think of all the loot I'm missing!

stop picking that poo poo up and maybe youd be 90

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

my eyes

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

NofrikinfuN posted:

Why not just sell the reflect maps or set them aside for a character that could do them

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I keep hearing my eye doctor say "better, or worse?" but there's no one behind me???

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

I'm trying but I can't think of a joke or a reference good enough to convey how ugly that screenshot is.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
just .4 seconds latency nbd
not bad for a 28kbps modem

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

nice soggy cereal filter.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

Why not just sell the reflect maps or set them aside for a character that could do them

The reflect map I actually just overlooked the mod by mistake. When I was specced into crimson dance and poison, I never had issues with poison, but linking blade flurry to brutality etc makes my life go apeshit, especially when I stop channeling at full stacks. By the time I realized the mistake, I was about two deaths in and had a prophecy riding on the map.

Same thing with Atziri. I had beaten her twice before and never encountered her damage reflecting clone, so I was dumbfounded when I got one shotted a couple times. I checked the tooltips and she didn't have a reflects damage tag, so it took looking up the fight on the wiki to confirm that was even a thing.

I will get to 90 eventually...

[quote="“Meyers-Briggs Testicle”" post="“477054633”"]
stop picking that poo poo up and maybe youd be 90
[/quote]

I don't think we are seeing eye to eye on what draws me to Diablo-likes.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

to be fair "i keep killing myself and then when I realize what i'm doing, I kill myself a few more times" is clearly the reason you're stuck at 89.

e. the refusal to trade for decent gear doesn't help either honestly

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh

TheRat posted:

Invite sent

If there is still more room can I grab one on Mizar_SnowCone?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I don't think we are seeing eye to eye on what draws me to Diablo-likes.

i like to load up super mario bros and die to the first goomba 3 times then reset the game

ive been doing this for weeks straight.

dont give me tips on how to improve, i'm not interested, but I will share lots of details with you

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

to be fair "i keep killing myself and then when I realize what i'm doing, I kill myself a few more times" is clearly the reason you're stuck at 89.

e. the refusal to trade for decent gear doesn't help either honestly

Fair enough, I originally only intended to convey that exp penalties get stiffer as you approach 90. It's definitely made worse if you're like me and develop tunnel vision when you should clearly bail out.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

but i thought the max level was 99 in runescape

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ghostlight posted:

the wall is the latency, right? might wanna play something like RF or specters or golems in the future, I dont think SRS is passive enough

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Lol, this Ice Crash botw is literally the same build I'm following. Except I switched to Sunder and dropped some of the bad decisions the build made (like Hatred as an aura).

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
I decided I want to buy the retch belt and was wondering about the divination card sets. So the Standoff (3/3) costs around 1exalt each; however, there seems to be only 4 total unique Rustic Sashes. 3 of the 4 give either the two uniques required to make the Retch, and the third would be the Retch itself. Am I missing something here, or is it just so heavily weighted it's not even worth loving with? The Retch currently on Poe.Trade costs 18exalt. The other two belts needed to make The Retch cost 12exalt for Faminebind and 6exalt for Feastbind, which makes sense. But it seems like even if I keep getting duplicates, it should still be a hell of a lot cheaper?

The other set, The Wretched (6/6), just gives an unique belt and costs about 5chaos. I'd rather not mess with this one because that sounds like an awful lot of player interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

10bux posted:

I decided I want to buy the retch belt and was wondering about the divination card sets. So the Standoff (3/3) costs around 1exalt each; however, there seems to be only 4 total unique Rustic Sashes. 3 of the 4 give either the two uniques required to make the Retch, and the third would be the Retch itself. Am I missing something here, or is it just so heavily weighted it's not even worth loving with? The Retch currently on Poe.Trade costs 18exalt. The other two belts needed to make The Retch cost 12exalt for Faminebind and 6exalt for Feastbind, which makes sense. But it seems like even if I keep getting duplicates, it should still be a hell of a lot cheaper?

The other set, The Wretched (6/6), just gives an unique belt and costs about 5chaos. I'd rather not mess with this one because that sounds like an awful lot of player interaction.

You can't chance/ancient the Retch. To chance/ancient orb your way to it, you'd want to aim for the ingredients themselves, in a Zana-enabled Talisman map. It might be a good idea to do that, but I'm not sure what the weighting is. Also keep in mind an Ancient orb will bring other belt types into its pool.