Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

[quote="“little munchkin”" post="“476831793”"]
he’s the same weirdo who told someone to get a divorce over his wife falling asleep at a comedy show
[/quote]

It was my friend's wife and they are still married.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

GoldfishStew posted:

You're an opie and Anthony troll gently caress gently caress

hurrrr duhhhh opie and Anthony troll!!!!111

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This hasn't been a strong run of episodes, Norm is just kind of letting people talk at him at this point. Which is okay if it's a somebody really interesting, but a lot of these aren't. Though Norm busting Tim Allen on the cocaine/prison at the very end was pretty good.

I kind of wish Norm would bring on a preacher or something and spend a whole episode on religion since it's obviously something that really interests him. Maybe we could get an answer to the only question that matters- "where does God get his ideas from?"

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 28, 2017

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The same place Norm does- men's buttholes

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
"Hey there mister Candyman. How about I get some of that cocaine?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhchuGnrPY

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Tim Allen sucks but made a decent guest and the jokes were the best they've been all season

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Skip My Posts posted:

Oh no it's a real real doll, lol. My girlfriend got it for me when she left to go teach English in Kyoto for a 3 year contract as a going away present. That Wonder Woman honestly looks almost as life like.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
new norm is up with Jim Carrey, and a guest cameo by Michael Cera

https://youtu.be/VHG7mHKwQqA

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Nice, a good episode! I wonder how old it is as Jim isn't doing his current crazy character act that everyone is freaking out about.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Harminoff posted:

Nice, a good episode! I wonder how old it is as Jim isn't doing his current crazy character act that everyone is freaking out about.

He's getting worse.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Odddzy posted:

He's getting worse.

His recent interviews? I think it might be an act. I mean this is the guy that was Andy Kaufman both on and off the set while filming man on the moon.

This is his upcoming TV show http://m.imdb.com/title/tt7375404/plotsummary?ref_=m_tt_ov_pl

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Harminoff posted:

His recent interviews? I think it might be an act. I mean this is the guy that was Andy Kaufman both on and off the set while filming man on the moon.

This is his upcoming TV show http://m.imdb.com/title/tt7375404/plotsummary?ref_=m_tt_ov_pl

You could be right, but he does have that kind of absent eye contact thing going on and his mentions of depression sounded quite sincere. He could be pulling a kaufman but I doubt it's all just an act.

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
It was hilarious at times. Uncomfortable too. The audience didn't know whether or not they should laugh when he kept bringing up that existential mumbo-jumbo about not being a person. Jim seems like a type of dude that is incredibly straining to be around.

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009
But I also thought Jim seemed reasonably self aware about what it sounds like when he goes off on those pseudo-philosophical tangents and was able to goof around about it to a point at least.

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Yes because he is so used to performing. The man couldn't be still for 2 seconds. It was impossible for Norm to set up a story.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

When Bob Zmuda was on Gilbert's podcast, he claimed that one or two girls blew him while he was at the Playboy mansion, under the assumption that he was Jim Carrey of course.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FishBowlRobot posted:

When Bob Zmuda was on Gilbert's podcast, he claimed that one or two girls blew him while he was at the Playboy mansion, under the assumption that he was Jim Carrey of course.

Lol

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I mention to my friend (who works in Hollywood, doesn't really like Norm MacDonald, and hates that I keep talking to him about NMLive) that Jim Carrey is this week's interview and he's like "ugh gently caress that nihilistic spiritualist fuckhead. Did you know his ex committed suicide because he gave her herpes?"

"No" I said "But he did just make a joke about giving someone herpes by sharing a mug with them." Like, holy poo poo, Jim actually made a joke about spreading herpes in the first 5 minutes of this loving thing. Everyone seems coked up as gently caress.

Speaking of which, now that I found this thread and can finally talk about Norm with people who give a poo poo... what the gently caress was going on towards the end of that Tim Allen interview? I can only assume someone gave Norm some coke and he couldn't sit down anymore.

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
dam Jim Carrey a trip

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Speaking of which, now that I found this thread and can finally talk about Norm with people who give a poo poo... what the gently caress was going on towards the end of that Tim Allen interview? I can only assume someone gave Norm some coke and he couldn't sit down anymore.

Hey there mister candyman :ninja:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

DaveKap posted:

So I mention to my friend (who works in Hollywood, doesn't really like Norm MacDonald, and hates that I keep talking to him about NMLive) that Jim Carrey is this week's interview and he's like "ugh gently caress that nihilistic spiritualist fuckhead. Did you know his ex committed suicide because he gave her herpes?"

it's kind of an open hollywood secret that the dude had a mental break in the last decade

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

DaveKap posted:

her family is suing Jim, but it sounds like bullshit and they're trying to extort him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Your friend sounds like a dumb rear end in a top hat lol

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Schweinhund posted:

her family is suing Jim, but it sounds like bullshit and they're trying to extort him

There's texts where he pretty much admits it to her - it sounds like he gave her herpes a few years ago, they broke up because of it, and then she felt like a leper and tried to go back to him since she knew he'd obviously still gently caress her regardless of the herpes

I heard a story about an assistant for Van Halen that got fired after David Lee Roth gave a girl herpes, and the assistant refused to take an apology gift over to her on Dave's behalf

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Skip My Posts posted:

Oh no it's a real real doll, lol. My girlfriend got it for me when she left to go teach English in Kyoto for a 3 year contract as a going away present. That Wonder Woman honestly looks almost as life like.
lmao

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Being Jim Carrey looks exhausting.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm sad the season is over because Norm seemed to just be getting back into the swing of things with the last two episodes. I didn't even make it through the Caitlyn Jenner and Margaret Cho episodes.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm sad the season is over because Norm seemed to just be getting back into the swing of things with the last two episodes. I didn't even make it through the Caitlyn Jenner and Margaret Cho episodes.

The jokes in the Margaret Cho EP were good. I had the feeling at the time that the show got cut short.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

DaveKap posted:

During jokes, Tim says "wow, you do feel better" and Norm immediately blurts out "we weren't supposed to mention that!", so I'd say it's a safe bet.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
With the way Norm's been looking, I wonder if Norm had a health scare recently

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TwoStepBoog posted:

During jokes, Tim says "wow, you do feel better" and Norm immediately blurts out "we weren't supposed to mention that!", so I'd say it's a safe bet.

tim must have sneaked in some coke up his rear end

get it, because he was a coke mule who ratted out everyone to stay out of jail

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
[quote="“EugeneJ”" post="“477034410”"]
There’s texts where he pretty much admits it to her - it sounds like he gave her herpes a few years ago, they broke up because of it, and then she felt like a leper and tried to go back to him since she knew he’d obviously still gently caress her regardless of the herpes

I heard a story about an assistant for Van Halen that got fired after David Lee Roth gave a girl herpes, and the assistant refused to take an apology gift over to her on Dave’s behalf
[/quote]

You know a lot about which celebrities have herpes

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Jim Carrey ep was almost unlistenable, literally. Just madness. This season has been by far the worst. This episode in particular was bizarre. Norm this entire time he has talked about wanting to do his podcast seemed to really want to have actual meaningful conversations with guests and not just typical talk show fare, yet Jim comes on and is the most willing to discuss actual real thoughts and perspectives he has and Norm kept interrupting for easy jokes and butting in his own experiences. He didnt let anything breathe at all, which was sorta how he framed this entire show concept. Really disappointed.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

GoldfishStew posted:

Jim Carrey ep was almost unlistenable, literally. Just madness. This season has been by far the worst. This episode in particular was bizarre. Norm this entire time he has talked about wanting to do his podcast seemed to really want to have actual meaningful conversations with guests and not just typical talk show fare, yet Jim comes on and is the most willing to discuss actual real thoughts and perspectives he has and Norm kept interrupting for easy jokes and butting in his own experiences. He didnt let anything breathe at all, which was sorta how he framed this entire show concept. Really disappointed.

Weird, I thought you were into things that didn't breathe?

This was probably my favorite episode though. First one that actually had me laughing the entire time.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

GoldfishStew posted:

Watch it, instead of listening. Makes a big difference.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GoldfishStew posted:

GoldfishStew posted:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

GoldfishStew posted:

what does it feel like to have sex with a real doll?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the doll fucker is right, this show stinks

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I actively enjoyed the Jim Carrey episode. I didn't quite realize how crazy the bastard is but it made for some solid entertainment. Also drat if I didn't love the celebrities who hate him thing, picturing Tommy Lee Jones just shaking with rage was fantastic. Also the Chuck Jones thing seems like it would just be destructive to a man who always seems like an active cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GoldfishStew posted:

• Locked thread