Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Huge fail if they don't call the game Gander Commander.

Jesus don't drop this gem on us, tell them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Zerilan posted:

Anyone have an idea what the file size of stardew will be?

880mb

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Oh nice, I'm on a lovely mobile connection where I'm living but under 1gb is probably manageable while on the wifi where I'm getting lunch tomorrow.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
What time does the store update usually?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

FireMrshlBill posted:

I think you meant a big honking battery pack (geese honk)

to answer you question, USB probably won't power charge n play but could do a trickle charge. AC outlets may, I think many do the full 2A output, but use cheap inverters or are limited by total plane usage, so if everyone is using them (especially with laptops) or the inverter is cheap enough, it will shut down. Luckily most people have phones and tablets and laptops have are usually limited to business people doing some work on the plane these days.

Some planes also have those DC outlets like cigarette lighters in cars, so that could work too because I think the official switch adapter for that does charge n play.

Would the official Switch adapter be the one that I plug into the dock? I have a quick charge AC adapter/USB-C cable from my Google Nexus 6P and a regular AC charger/USB-C cable.

To be clear, you don't think any USB or AC power setup will allow for charge n play?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

empathe posted:

What time does the store update usually?

9am PST.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

Would the official Switch adapter be the one that I plug into the dock? I have a quick charge AC adapter/USB-C cable from my Google Nexus 6P and a regular AC charger/USB-C cable.

To be clear, you don't think any USB or AC power setup will allow for charge n play?

I tried to make sense of it when it came out, and I'm not any closer to getting it. My only take away was, it won't work with any old charger.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
You want a (good and tested) charger that is USB Power Delivery capable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Untitled Goose Game is the best name because it draws attention and is memorable because it is so different from most other names. Total Goosehole is funny but won't draw the same level of notice. Gander Commander is the same.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

KingKapalone posted:

The one that connects to the dock does charge n play. But they also have a car adapter that plugs into the cigarette lighter of cars that does it too I think.

Most USB are 5V, and many only do 1A or 2A output. The Switch needs 15V and 2.6A for play n charge I believe (the official adapter is a 5-15V variable adapter with 2.6A output). So a 5V usb port may do a slower charge when in sleep mode, you'll have to look up to see if it is enough to keep the system on at least even if it doesn't charge the battery.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

just low effort name it Goose Simulator and call it a day

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

I take any excuse I can get to post this video

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
That guy is patient, I would have been like

So is this goose game the next Golf Story?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Holy poo poo
https://youtu.be/Zwz7cqcSS0o
Switch early 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at there or why it's so "holy poo poo". Is that basically a 16 bit Diablo?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

All these phones removing the 3.5 jack makes it supremely annoying to take my phone and switch everywhere with only one pair of earbuds.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Boy I sure would love Stardew to go up on the eshop at Midnight, so I could play it during my lunch break at work, but I know it'll be the usual Noon update

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kirios posted:

All these phones removing the 3.5 jack makes it supremely annoying to take my phone and switch everywhere with only one pair of earbuds.

Don't buy bad phones

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Dude the switch has games now

No need to fawn over a random "retro style rougelike dungeon crawler" haha, the switch is good now

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

"Dungeon crawling rogue like"

Yep within 10 second I could tell this isn't for me.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"Dungeon crawling rogue like"

Yep within 10 second I could tell this isn't for me.
Well that's a draw for me so nyah.

Although on Steam the game is labeled as early access so my interest waned a bit.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Isn't Tangledeep a goon-made roguelike? I doubt we're getting Shiren anytime soon so it could be cool.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Give me like a 16 bit non-lethal splinter cell, indie games. Hey indie games devs. I know you post here. Get on it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
One of the reasons I'm getting a switch is for when I'm on the road. Anyone have any luck connecting a switch to hotel WiFi that requires a stupid splash screen to connect?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In the wifi settings when you add the network it should bring up the page if it exists. This worked for me in my hotel in Amsterdam to download Sonic Mania, and also worked in Starbucks in my hometown. Doesn't work at my YMCA though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rolo posted:

One of the reasons I'm getting a switch is for when I'm on the road. Anyone have any luck connecting a switch to hotel WiFi that requires a stupid splash screen to connect?

Yeah, there's a bare bones browser for captive portals and logging into Facebook and stuff like that. You can't easily browse arbitary pages on demand but it pops up for login to WiFi networks.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Rolo posted:

I've used mine at several Hilton Garden Inns and Holiday Inns and got connected with their splash screens no problem.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

This seems kind of cool. I always like wasting time here and there on dungeon crawlers. I've not looked at this game any... but if it lets you save anywhere/anytime I think it'd be pretty cool to bust out randomly here and there when out with the Switch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Manticore posted:

Isn't Tangledeep a goon-made roguelike? I doubt we're getting Shiren anytime soon so it could be cool.
Yes, Tangledeep is goon-made. Definitely buy it, everyone.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I love geese. There was a super tame one at my park. It let me hold him, and it fell asleep in my arms and started snoring. It was the cutest thing ever.

I want final fight. It was the only reason why I wanted the super nintendo.

I had all the final fight games for my gameboy micro.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Rolo posted:

I tried it at a hospital and it didn't work but that's the only place I have gotten a splash screen.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat

Rolo posted:

I did so at a hotel using the browser to reach the splash screen. It does not work otherwise, it seems.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rolo posted:

It works, usually. I'll try it at my laundromat next week and report back.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yes, Tangledeep is goon-made. Definitely buy it, everyone.

what if I don't like goons

edit: this includes myself

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

creationist believer posted:

I've used mine at several Hilton Garden Inns and Holiday Inns and got connected with their splash screens no problem.

It basically never worked for me whenever there was a splash screen for some reason.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah I've never been able to connect at McDonald's or any restaurants that have a splash screen either.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It works fine at my office on the guest wifi, it works at the various Starbucks that I've killed time in. It didn't work at one hotel I stayed at but that place was a hole in the wall. Worked at the other three hotels I took it to.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I only go to some form of Marriott or Hilton for work, but I do for at least 10 nights a month. It's enough that if it doesn't work I'd wait to buy one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ChocNitty posted:

I love geese. There was a super tame one at my park. It let me hold him, and it fell asleep in my arms and started snoring. It was the cutest thing ever.

Nah gently caress all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

As a Canadian I rightly fear and cower before all geese and apologize for their eternal terrorism on American soil.

• Locked thread