Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im freaking the heck out posted:

How are you guys beating WBU Thanos? Everything I have read was "LOL, use Jean Grey n00b!". Only problem is I use her and she gets her poo poo pushed in like 25 seconds later. She does the damage great, just she is made of paper. What strikers are you guys using? I can only figure its something to do with that.

use sharon, n00b!

also you want t2 Coulson he makes a big difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, everyone who says its easy has some combination of Thanos/Odin/Jean/Dormammu in this mix. I don't have any of them. In hindsight I probably wish I had worked on Dormammu or Thanos over Proxima since by the time I got her I was pretty underwhelmed since I already had over a dozen T2s of quality. But I'm working on Jean now and its just a matter of saving gold and bios. I'll do Quicksilver after that probably.

use sharon with dr strange, kaecilius, cyclops, magneto, and whoever you want for the fifth. strikers dont matter much. you hit the 3*, 5*, 4*, and if he isnt dead try again tomorrow

i use starlord/sharon/cap but you can use shehulk instead for a bit more dmg

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Just started, applied to Doctor Goons, hooray for another phone game

Edit: Or maybe someone could suggest the most active alliance to which I could apply?

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 1, 2017

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
What do you actually do on the character ranking screen? I can't figure out how to make the pip go away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you can. It just stays there to notify you that there's a character ranking event so you should beef up the character or something.

Its an aspect of the game I've just trained myself to ignore since there's nothing I can really do to affect it. I'm getting there with the faction thing too.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

im freaking the heck out posted:

How are you guys beating WBU Thanos? Everything I have read was "LOL, use Jean Grey n00b!". Only problem is I use her and she gets her poo poo pushed in like 25 seconds later. She does the damage great, just she is made of paper. What strikers are you guys using? I can only figure its something to do with that.

Who are your team ups?

OperatorAndroid
Oct 22, 2008
I just got Agent Venom maxed out and I've got the better part of the month sub left. Between Sharon and Agent Venom and the few other 6 star guys I have I can kill all the black order world bosses except for ithanos so I am working on unlocking Quicksilver. Any advice on which sub character I should use the rest of the month on?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

OperatorAndroid posted:

I just got Agent Venom maxed out and I've got the better part of the month sub left. Between Sharon and Agent Venom and the few other 6 star guys I have I can kill all the black order world bosses except for ithanos so I am working on unlocking Quicksilver. Any advice on which sub character I should use the rest of the month on?

get all of the sub characters @ 1* and then use Real Money Dollars to buy 6* Mega tickets to rank them up like a Powerful Person

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I was able finish up wolverine and t2 Spider-man this week, and combined they're the biggest boost to my Timeline wins since I t2ed Sharon Rogers a few weeks after I started. It feels like cheating getting so many free kills just because they don't have web immunity, and Wolverine cleans up nearly anyone who does.

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 1, 2017

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

Holyshoot posted:

Who are your team ups?

I go t1 ancient one lead, t2 coulson and Jean grey maxed. Im thinking after you guys were writing, it could be because my phone slows down in the beginning. Also i go for strikers 10 % damage to supervillans.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ok, it's that time again. I have a big, full roster, so looking for SL help or fun to play. Should I T2 Sandman, Titania, inferno, kraven, or Kamala?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

navyjack posted:

Ok, it's that time again. I have a big, full roster, so looking for SL help or fun to play. Should I T2 Sandman, Titania, inferno, kraven, or Kamala?

Sandman or Israel Apologist Kampala

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New tier list.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
What happened to the lists for each mode?

I mean someone like Luke Cage might suck at Alliance Battle but the man can solo Apocalypse himself.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

navyjack posted:

inferno is the only one of those i have at t2 and hes good

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Thinking of skipping Scarlet Witch and just paying the 1500 crystals to unlock Apoc when I get everything else done, she really doesn't seem worth it especially with the Thor update that is in a month.

Reddit posted:

Hi guys, I just found this post on naver cafe with some information about Thor: Ragnarok. I'm not sure if it's legit, but there does seem to be a real-looking image of Hela!

Link here!

There's a bunch of speculation there about possible new epic quest or native t2s. New epic seems unlikely but native t2s seems very possible.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My body is ready for new Thorse update.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

My body is ready for new Thorse update.

Bill is an insta T2 for me, love me some Thorse!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cinara posted:

Thinking of skipping Scarlet Witch and just paying the 1500 crystals to unlock Apoc when I get everything else done, she really doesn't seem worth it especially with the Thor update that is in a month.

There's a bunch of speculation there about possible new epic quest or native t2s. New epic seems unlikely but native t2s seems very possible.

How do you decipher these moon runes

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I gave this obo to hotdog man because it made me chuckle:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ugh just got through one BAM wall in the Dr. Strange quest to get hit by the other. And I see x-men will have one soon too (I just got Storm to R5). Surprisingly gold for fusion is more of a bottleneck than the raid drops, though its not like I don't also need the BAM for T2ing folks and ranking natural T2s.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They key for me was to just focus on Strange and Wolverine and not use any of the T2 rank up materials on anyone else until they were done. Having since T2ed plenty of people including Proxima I stand by my decision and Strange and Wolverine remain the best on my squad with Sharon and maybe Magneto.

And when you're ranking up BAM you just kind of have to resign yourself to not spending gold on anything else for a week or so. Its a pain but I can deal with it because its at least a progressing thing. I just focus on one at a time and I at least feel like I'm making progress.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
bios are holding me back. I got the bam to put some stars on the flash 2.0 but i need to finish getting nathan to 60.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Bios are the big thing. I don't want to take from anyone I still need to rank up so I'm just feeding Jean Grey the mutants and Kate Bishop and its taking forever. Although I need to save up the phoenix feathers so I'm in no major rush.

I'm just annoyed because I only need that 15 second challenge to get Cable and I just can't do it.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Worked my way up to SL floor 29, still got Strange in my pocket but the deeps ain't doing it. Does he need ITGB, or can I ditch that for a recovery/attack obi? Also thinking I should use Hela leadership

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Bios are the big thing. I don't want to take from anyone I still need to rank up so I'm just feeding Jean Grey the mutants and Kate Bishop and its taking forever. Although I need to save up the phoenix feathers so I'm in no major rush.

I'm just annoyed because I only need that 15 second challenge to get Cable and I just can't do it.

Wolverine with Magneto lead plus three dodge ignore strikers does it in 12 seconds for me. I have mediocre cards and my Wolvie is at 20/15/15/20

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Worked my way up to SL floor 29, still got Strange in my pocket but the deeps ain't doing it. Does he need ITGB, or can I ditch that for a recovery/attack obi? Also thinking I should use Hela leadership

He shouldn't need it, most people use Recovery; mine has always been RR/Invul but you can go dmg sure. I've never seen him interrupted, and most of his abilities fire off instantly anyhow

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I use strange on 27 and sharon with coulson on 29.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus, after about 50 tries, I finally managed to beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds. I'm pretty sure I had about a tenth of a second left, I was literally in the process of hitting the gear icon to try again when he died.

Magneto, Wolverine and Storm with three dodge ignores and Wolverine at 20/20/16/20 was barely enough. I guess I need better cards.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah cards are huge, also damage proc obelisks

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Finally finished all the hidden route missions in the Dormy quest pack. :toot:

Now just need to work on the hiddens in the Inhumans and Spidey Friends quest packs. :negative:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I got killed in timeline with Jean today for uh, i guess the first time and I totally forgot she resurrects

lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine the top level of Timeline is just a bunch of Jean Grey, Quicksilver, and AOA Wolverine teams that just never, ever die.

I don't mind losing in Timeline but I really hate when I'm locked in a 5 minute stalemate with Quicksilver or Wolverine.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I imagine the top level of Timeline is just a bunch of Jean Grey, Quicksilver, and AOA Wolverine teams that just never, ever die.

I don't mind losing in Timeline but I really hate when I'm locked in a 5 minute stalemate with Quicksilver or Wolverine.

The top is literally only Quicksilver and whatever else. Usually Spidey 2099 or Hobospidey.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Will the event store do that thing where it stays open after the tokens cant be collected anymore?

I want to hold on to them to buy more hidden tickets afterwards but also don't want to just lose them if the store just disappears entirely

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All the other events (ranking, Battleworld, WB Dimension Shifters) either end at the same time or before (or already) so I wouldn't gamble on the store being open beyond the clock.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
When does the event end, anyway?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Monday's reset, I think.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I have thanos, dormy, ebony maw, black dwarf, corvus, and scarlet witch left for bam growth dudes. Who should get my bam next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dormy Maw or Thomas