Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Eddie Lacy or Wayne Gallman as an end of bench garbage RB for a team lacking impact backs? Full PPR.

Gallman

new page repost:
Dynasty question. Would you rather have Carr or Winston? -2 for INT and 20 yards per 1 point for passing, 4 pt TDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gobias Ind. posted:

Eddie Lacy or Wayne Gallman as an end of bench garbage RB for a team lacking impact backs? Full PPR.

I like what I saw out of Gallman, conversely I do not like what i've seen from Lacy.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Gorman Thomas posted:

What do y'all think about this trade (0.5 PPR 12 team)

GIVE: J Howard + Landry
GET: Hopkins

Current team
RB: Zeke, Monty, Howard, Powell, Duke
WR: Baldwin, Landry, Garcon, Humphries, Corey Davis

Guy I'm offering the deal to has Fat Rob, Veeren, and Forte at RB (yikes)

I don't really like it.

Assuming you're some kind of 2RB/2WR/flex situation, you're trading two of your starters to improve at one position.

Except, in 0.5 PPR Hopkins has like 3 more points than Howard, and Howard has missed like 90% of one of the 4 games so far. If you think Howard is healthy and productive going forward, it feels like he may continue to outscore Hopkins. And you're giving up a replacement WR on top.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Thanks guys. My thoughts as well. Just saw Lacy still sitting on the wire and thought I'd check.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Gallman

new page repost:
Dynasty question. Would you rather have Carr or Winston? -2 for INT and 20 yards per 1 point for passing, 4 pt TDs.

I'm not a dynasty guy, but I'd lean Winston.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Usually I'm down on most Giants RBs but Gallman looked good in the run game and was out there on passing downs. He could be a somebody.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I agree. It's close though. Can't go wrong either way.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Gallman

new page repost:

Winston is a bad person, but I'd rather have him. I feel like his team situation is probably slightly better going forward, and he's marginally better as a player.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I'm 1-3 despite being second in my league in points and am looking to do something drastic.

Someone I've already played and lost to needs a QB because all he has is a busted Carr. I have Rodgers and Deshaun and am wondering what kind of ransom I could extract for one of them. Probably Deshaun, but the kool-aid drinking Texan in me is flirting with the idea of ransoming Rodgers since I'll need this guy to beat other players. What should I ask for, Latavius and Evans?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeah that's what I'm leaning now. I currently have Cam and Carr and the Winston owner has Tyrod, Ben, and Cousins as well, trying to get him to part with Winston and he's interested in Carr for return.

I pitched it to him and got a soft yes, but he wants to think on it overnight. Not a biggie, our league pushes trades through quickly so I'd have him for the Thursday game.

debating tossing in a buck allen or something to seal it, but don't wanna overpay.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Gallman

new page repost:

Totally same contract? All else being equal I slightly lean Carr.

Last year their yards and touchdowns were very very similar, but Winston threw three times as many interceptions. Maybe he's improved this year? In 3.5 games Carr threw 7 TDs and 2 INTs, while in 3 games Winston threw 6 TDs and 3 INTs. The sample size is too small to tell.

RCarr posted:

I agree. It's close though. Can't go wrong either way.

Yep. Maybe just pick the guy you want to root for.

e. Maybe lean Winston on the basis of Carr's transverse fracture in his back, which I dunno, maybe could affect his play for a while, and at the very least he's gonna miss more games this season. Also possibly Carr is in a tougher division?

But I would not be adding things to a Carr/Winston trade in dynasty, they're too close.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 4, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Elotana posted:

I'm 1-3 despite being second in my league in points and am looking to do something drastic.

Someone I've already played and lost to needs a QB because all he has is a busted Carr. I have Rodgers and Deshaun and am wondering what kind of ransom I could extract for one of them. Probably Deshaun, but the kool-aid drinking Texan in me is flirting with the idea of ransoming Rodgers since I'll need this guy to beat other players. What should I ask for, Latavius and Evans?

I would take Evans for Rodgers in a heart beat.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Totally same contract? All else being equal I slightly lean Carr.

Last year their yards and touchdowns were very very similar, but Winston threw three times as many interceptions. Maybe he's improved this year? In 3.5 games Carr threw 7 TDs and 2 INTs, while in 3 games Winston threw 6 TDs and 3 INTs. The sample size is too small to tell.

Yep. Maybe just pick the guy you want to root for.

We don't do contracts. 25 man rosters, every three years teams cut to 15, draft back up to 25 in a FA draft after the rookie draft that year.

My issue is I only have Cam and Carr, Carr is out 2-6 and Cam is unpredictable right now. So I'd like to get a QB I can start and is young. The waiver wire is loving dire (see my posts last week about what's out there). I have Patrick Mahomes and CJ Beathard as taxi squad prospects.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you're trying to win this year, then absolutely I'd take a healthy Winston over an injured Carr, and pay a little extra to make it happen, yeah.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Welp someone used their #2 waiver on Tyrod, I ain't even mad. But now I'm stuck steaming Cutler this week. Please just get me 15.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

If you're trying to win this year, then absolutely I'd take a healthy Winston over an injured Carr, and pay a little extra to make it happen, yeah.

Kinda. I've been plagued by injuries but Kareem Hunt and Kelce have been keeping me competitive. I have a great roster imo, but just missing a reliable QB atm.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gronk added to the injury report with a thigh injury. I don't like the sound of that considering they're playing tomorrow.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

RisqueBarber posted:

I would take Evans for Rodgers in a heart beat.
My league gives QBs 6 points and not 4, plus this guy's desperate, so I'm opening with Evans and another player.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Oops new page

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Elotana posted:

My league gives QBs 6 points and not 4, plus this guy's desperate, so I'm opening with Evans and another player.

You'd be insanely lucky to get Evans. Asking for more is crazy.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Anyone do IDPs? I was going to start Emmanuel Ogbah this week at DE, but Myles Garrett sounds like he'll start this week, would he be a better start?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Gronk added to the injury report with a thigh injury. I don't like the sound of that considering they're playing tomorrow.

He practiced fully on Monday and Tuesday, sounds like they are just resting him today on the short week, but who knows with Belichick.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Elotana posted:

Gobias is right. I would settle for Evans if he doesn't bite for a 2 for 1.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Anyone do IDPs? I was going to start Emmanuel Ogbah this week at DE, but Myles Garrett sounds like he'll start this week, would he be a better start?

I'd stash Garrett for a week just to see his snap count. In fact I might go scoop him up right now.

IDP is completely based on your scoring system though so advice will be based on that info.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd stash Garrett for a week just to see his snap count. In fact I might go scoop him up right now.

IDP is completely based on your scoring system though so advice will be based on that info.

1 point for tackle, 0.5 for an assist, 3 for a sack, 2 for a FF and 2 for the recovery. I dropped Ogbah and picked up Garrett, I think I'd rather start JJ Watt against a banged up KC this week.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

DariusLikewise posted:

Theoretically Garrett being back will help Ogbah as he might get more one on one matchups. The IDP Guru (http://www.idpguru.com/) certainly thinks so.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

1 point for tackle, 0.5 for an assist, 3 for a sack, 2 for a FF and 2 for the recovery. I dropped Ogbah and picked up Garrett, I think I'd rather start JJ Watt against a banged up KC this week.

I probably would have kept Ogbah and rostered Garrett, but not sure your roster availability. Didn't notice Ogbah is listed as a DE and LB. Scooped him up for my bench in an all IDP league. Love that flexibility!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Someone dropped Matt Forte. Should I try and pick him up? I'm at waiver priority 2 of 10 right now.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I probably would have kept Ogbah and rostered Garrett, but not sure your roster availability. Didn't notice Ogbah is listed as a DE and LB. Scooped him up for my bench in an all IDP league. Love that flexibility!

Yeah I ended up grabbing both, I have enough Bench Space to sit on both for a week

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Would you trade Michael Thomas for Julio in 0 PPR?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Reik posted:

Someone dropped Matt Forte. Should I try and pick him up? I'm at waiver priority 2 of 10 right now.

Nope.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

If he clears waivers is he worth picking up as a free agent?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Reik posted:

If he clears waivers is he worth picking up as a free agent?

Depends on who you drop. He's old, injured, and Powell is showing that he can do the job.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
In one of the leagues I manage, we have an absent owner as he is protesting the NFL in response to recent players protests; let's not talk about that but let's discuss how to manage his team in the meantime (I don't want his opponents essentially getting a bye).

Last week, I set his roster based solely on (bullshit) ESPN projections; however, I have two issues this week:

(1) His only TE (Fleener) is on bye;
(2) He has six Flex-eligible players with the same ESPN projection.

How do I resolve these issues? I am trying to "manage" this team completely objectively so no one complains...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

In one of the leagues I manage, we have an absent owner as he is protesting the NFL in response to recent players protests; let's not talk about that but let's discuss how to manage his team in the meantime (I don't want his opponents essentially getting a bye).

Last week, I set his roster based solely on (bullshit) ESPN projections; however, I have two issues this week:

How do I resolve these issues? I am trying to "manage" this team completely objectively so no one complains...

Can't answer on #1 but for the flex pick the player who kneels for the anthem.

E: also find someone to take over who isn't a diaper filling racist

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 4, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

E: also find someone to take over who isn't a diaper filling racist

All of this, but play everyone based on if they kneel or not.

Drop anyone who stands for the anthem.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Put Kaepernick at the end of his bench and get a new owner to try to win with that team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Use FantasyPros rankings. Ignore the bye week unless you have a player who can be dropped due to injury.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Put Kaepernick at the end of his bench and get a new owner to try to win with that team.

gently caress yes, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay who would you rather have? 1PPR. Jamaal Charles or Alex Collins?

• Locked thread