Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

my friend recommended dropping back in to nxt with last weeks episode and i am and boy do i hate eric youngs voice a whole lot

It's terrible but to be fair to EY he legitimately has a throat condition, it's not just a voice he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's terrible but to be fair to EY he legitimately has a throat condition, it's not just a voice he does.

that is fair, it's still a crazy voice. and its especially crazy when he's a face and cutting promos with it.

oney lorcan/lars sullivan is extremely my poo poo. i love high impact guys vs. hosses.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I think the air dates were July 19th and August 9th, but you owe it to yourself to go back and watch Lorcan v. Burch, especially their first match. Short, fast paced, fun matches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Roque11 posted:

Maybe they're going to crown a new NXT champion who's over 30.

Do you all realize that NXT has never had a world champion who's career started at the performance center?
Roque so dumb he don't remember Big E and / or Bo Dallas

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Roque so dumb he don't remember Big E and / or Bo Dallas

The PE opened July 2013. Big E won the NXT title in December 2012, and Bo in May 2013.

Neville was the first NXT champion who would have trained at the PE (though obviously not from the start of his career).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh man they started for the same company in a different building alert the presses

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So only men count and only if they started their wrestling career in the last 4 years? Gosh, shocking that none of them have the highest titles in the whole company.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

shiksa posted:

that is fair, it's still a crazy voice. and its especially crazy when he's a face and cutting promos with it.

If you think EY's voice is crazy, try listening to a Honma promo or watch a show where he's doing commentary for the NJPW announce team. Gravelly voice doesn't even begin to describe it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFsh0tuSxr4

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Eltoasto posted:

So only men count and only if they started their wrestling career in the last 4 years? Gosh, shocking that none of them have the highest titles in the whole company.

also they don't count if they've ever wrestled a match outside of NXT, based on previous discussions

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Germansimp posted:

If you think EY's voice is crazy, try listening to a Honma promo or watch a show where he's doing commentary for the NJPW announce team. Gravelly voice doesn't even begin to describe it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFsh0tuSxr4
posted this before when honma's voice was discussed but he literally sounds like these fuckers from KOTOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsprwPMkvXA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

There's WWE NXT Tapings at Full Sail Live tonight.

I don't know much yet but apparently, the internet will be marking out after the taping for whatever reason.

Its Eddie Kingston's time, I can feel it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

posted this before when honma's voice was discussed but he literally sounds like these fuckers from KOTOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsprwPMkvXA

I will never not find this loving hilarious :allears:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nikki cross is my favorite :allears:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Don't make this weird, ruby. She's your bff now. Be happy about it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh poo poo is this lio rush's first nxt match

he's debuting against black? what the hell

e: oh... yeesh

shiksa fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 5, 2017

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i still can't get over the name 'oney lorcan'

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

There's WWE NXT Tapings at Full Sail Live tonight.

I don't know much yet but apparently, the internet will be marking out after the taping for whatever reason.

Well, it is overtly all over WWE's social media and the show name so it isn't a spoiler.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/915744959407509504

They are doing a War Games match too.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That's cool.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Likewise

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/915753843190849536

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/915756389955403776

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 5, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

holy loving poo poo

Literally the one thing I've wanted to see WWE yank from WCW over the past 20 years or whatever has been War Games. Holding out hope for the double ring.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh man Battlebowl next year is gonna be lit

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh man Battlebowl next year is gonna be lit

Battlebowl should be the first time Zayn and Owens tag

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Roddy/Drew was very good

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Really good episode. Main event was a hell of a match and we got to see two amazing elbow drops.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh hell yeah. I'm guessing Undisputed + Roddy vs. Sanity + Sawyer Fulton coming back. Or maybe Drew and the UK guys. I'm so glad it's gonna be on a Takeover so I can trust that they won't gently caress it up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you boys and wwe.com have spoiled the show for me, for quite some time. I'm really sleepy about it

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Holy loving poo poo, is Velveteen Dream's elbow drop ever gorgeous.

lol I almost called him VD.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll hand it to Dream, he's carrying his end of the Black feud way better than I expected. If he delivers in the ring he could be a made man even after losing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We were already considering going to Takeover since we just moved to Austin, and this seals the deal for me. Stoked to see that giant, beautiful monstrosity in person.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Better promo than Liv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHSGK8Ho8U

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Benne posted:

I'll hand it to Dream, he's carrying his end of the Black feud way better than I expected. If he delivers in the ring he could be a made man even after losing.

I'm bummed Rush had to get taken out for the feud, but for something I had no hopes about this has become the most compelling angle they've done in a while. It's such a simple concept of putting two complete opposites together. I'm glad they're just running with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cool show but it's a shame Rush was a prop in the Velveteen Dream/Aleistair Black feud (which I'm enjoying a lot).

That main event was cool, I honestly wonder how long Drew is gonna be around as champ before getting called back up to the main roster. I dig that Undisputed are courting Roddy.

rovert posted:

Well, it is overtly all over WWE's social media and the show name so it isn't a spoiler.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/915744959407509504

They are doing a War Games match too.

He's wanted to do this for years, so here is hoping he does a really good job with it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rush (& Dijak) are being humbled/tested supposedly.

See here for more info:

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/08/24/report-regal-triple-h-dynamic-deciding-hire-controversial-rush-dijak-whose-reputations-precede

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The_Rob posted:

I'm bummed Rush had to get taken out for the feud, but for something I had no hopes about this has become the most compelling angle they've done in a while. It's such a simple concept of putting two complete opposites together. I'm glad they're just running with it.

I like that the feud is retconning all of Patrick Clark's bad gimmicks (and maybe even his Tough Enough stint) because the basis is that he just wants attention so he's trying to be provocative. I actually think it would be less successful if Dream had debuted as is because then Black would look like a prick ragging on him for who he is.

I hope it ends with Black accepting Dream for who he is and forming Black Velvet to win the Dusty.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

For his age, Patrick Clark is pretty loving fantastic.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Pair him with Finn as the Heavenly Bodies 2

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I like that the feud is retconning all of Patrick Clark's bad gimmicks (and maybe even his Tough Enough stint) because the basis is that he just wants attention so he's trying to be provocative. I actually think it would be less successful if Dream had debuted as is because then Black would look like a prick ragging on him for who he is.

I hope it ends with Black accepting Dream for who he is and forming Black Velvet to win the Dusty.

Yeah the promo with him scornfully calling him Patrick was so good. It's like Russo done right.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
Hail

Satan

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Drew Mac vs. Roddy was real drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I think the Dream/Black angle is one of the best angles WWEs done as a company in quite some time but I keep wondering when they're putting the belt on Black. The Takeover during Mania week maybe?

Also, the growth that Drew McIntyre has shown in that he can now put on a match as good as yesterdays main event is really something.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 6, 2017

• Locked thread