Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Demonsblood is actually good now because you can combo it with Could USB builds and have everyone in the party hit him with Double Cut and Tempo Flurry so that he retaliates like a chainsaw. :laugh:

Whoah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm not going to get every prize but I got all the unique and important stuff so I'm not too broken up about it. There will always be more motes and crystals and lodes.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wrong.

My second magic dark imperil though...

But is it your second wrathable dark imperil?

Fenrir trip report. Picking up Tyro's new USB and Edea's BSB has finally allowed me to beat him. My pulls this fest were terrible but in the end it didn't matter.

I ran the numbers and it turns out without magicite bonuses I wouldn't hit 6 hits with Edea's BSB without synergy bonuses. Thanks magicite!

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4U_weN4Ls

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bilperkins2 posted:

Wow those are skills I haven't used in a LONG time, good times.

Every time they add a "inflict with slow" condition on a dungeon boss I end up spamming Tempo Flurry to proc it

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i made a r1 mug time just to not have to bother with missing the status again

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
slowga works just fine, for me

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

But is it your second wrathable dark imperil?

Fenrir trip report. Picking up Tyro's new USB and Edea's BSB has finally allowed me to beat him. My pulls this fest were terrible but in the end it didn't matter.

I ran the numbers and it turns out without magicite bonuses I wouldn't hit 6 hits with Edea's BSB without synergy bonuses. Thanks magicite!

naabat can wrath? Nice!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Has anyone got sub 30 seconds on the omega fight? I've been getting squashed by it using variations on the Cloud/Zach party someone posted earlier. I get him to about 2/3rds or 3/4ths down around 30 seconds and then it's 3 AoE effects dropped before I can get an action off. Figure if I can just tune to blow him up before 30 I don't have to worry about it. I've also never gotten to the stage where you can stop him apparently, as usually one of the last acts that happens before I get multi-AoE'd to death is getting a no effect stop effect on him.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Hate to keep shilling Gamefaqs but another interesting thread: DPS Rankings, sorted by Elemental.

Here's the previous thread: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75605878

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

alansmithee posted:

Has anyone got sub 30 seconds on the omega fight? I've been getting squashed by it using variations on the Cloud/Zach party someone posted earlier. I get him to about 2/3rds or 3/4ths down around 30 seconds and then it's 3 AoE effects dropped before I can get an action off. Figure if I can just tune to blow him up before 30 I don't have to worry about it. I've also never gotten to the stage where you can stop him apparently, as usually one of the last acts that happens before I get multi-AoE'd to death is getting a no effect stop effect on him.
If you have Zack's Chain, then you can go with something similar to the strat Lorn and I used:

iPodschun posted:

Lightning: RW Cloud USB -> USB (Entrust) -> Thundering Twinstrike until dead
Noctis: RW Cloud USB -> Omega Drive until dead. Got one or two dualcasts
Zack: Wind Chain for +ATK and +crit damage, Armor Break
Setzer: Entrust, Full Break
Relm: Stop when Omega is vulnerable
Cloud USB RW of course. Lightning USB -> TT is the main DPS which you can do based on your previous posts. She's a premier choice because of the Haste + Instant Cast 3 LM. The 2nd DPS spot is mostly flexible; Lorn used Cloud instead of Noctis but they both get dualcast Combat for Omega Drive usage. Noctis also gets the Haste + Instant Cast 3 LM so that's why he was my choice. I've seen other videos with people getting good damage out of someone like Agrias using Saint Cross. +ATK or damage RMs on them.

Setzer is there for Entrust so he can be any support 5. Relm's slot is someone that can cast Stop with high MND; TG Cid RM equipped so that once Omega drops under 50%, you can cast Stop ASAP.

This is the video I got the Lightning+Noctis+Zack idea from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N1U_F5ZKuo

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

alansmithee posted:

I cribbed a team build off of a YT video I found on Reddit, got to ~20s clear.

Bartz: Snowspell Strike (R3, though if short on crystals, R2 + R1 should be fine), USB, TG Cid Mode Materia
Agrias: Saint Cross (R3+), BSB, Doublecast Knight Materia
Ramza: Armor Breakdown + Full Break, Shout, Mako Might
Relm: Stop + Shellga, BSB, Dr Mog's Teachings
Entrust Bot w/Ace Striker.
RW: Cloud USB

I figure the important parts are TG Cid mode and doublecast on your main damage-breaking DPS (so Cloud, if you have Native USB) and a secondary DPS that can contribute to a fair degree - Saint Cross is reliable damage (and, if you have a dived Agrias, has a 30% minor imperil proc), but a monk with Lifebane could work (assumedly, if you're running Cloud with a native USB, you're dumping Omega Drive on him). If you're speed-clearing, last stand is insurance in case you can't push through its first two phases fast enough plus insurance against Rocket Punch RNG, but the biggest key point is an instant-curaja burst and high MND for Stop.

The thing about Omega is it's an incredibly scripted fight - you have 4 (5, if you don't mind soaking a hit) of its actions in the first phase to get it down to 70% before it starts spamming AoE nukes at you, after which it uses Targeting, and then Ultimate Rocket Punch (9999 damage)/Ultimate Mustard Bomb (piercing attack) at a 50/50 shot, follows up with Wave Cannon (which is pretty inaccurate if you have instant death protection on), and then starts the AoEs again. Get it down to 50% and it becomes vulnerable to stop, but you only have a single turn (Ultimate Rainbow Wind, a nondamaging spell that poisons your team) to land Stop before it opens up the murder train again.

In other words, you have roughly five turns to get it down to a little less than 3/4ths, three more turns to get it down to half, and then pray your stop hits on the first shot.

EDIT:

ceaselessfuture posted:

Hate to keep shilling Gamefaqs but another interesting thread: DPS Rankings, sorted by Elemental.

Here's the previous thread: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75605878

That is goddamn unreadable, what the hell.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 4, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

KataraniSword posted:

That is goddamn unreadable, what the hell.

Yeah, his formatting sucks poo poo, and his predilection towards using ackronyms based on the translated JP ability names, and not the GL names, really sucks too.

Oh and the way he uses like Lightning_3 in absolutely no discernable order.

Still though!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
He just needs to stuff it all into a badly formatted spreadsheet to reach peak unreadable nerd poo poo.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

BGrifter posted:

He just needs to stuff it all into a badly formatted spreadsheet to reach peak unreadable nerd poo poo.

But then there could be wonderful bar graphs to help us see how amazingly bad everything is per his metrics

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Man I was excited to pull Edea and Rinoa's BSBs, hoping it would speed up my Fenrir clears...I was extremely disappointed.

First attempt I couldn't even clear it, second took 1:10, which is about 20 seconds longer than my physical team, which is completely reliant on a dived Bartz spamming Snowspell Strike and Celes using her BSB2, which doesn't even have high ice potency. Everyone was talking Edea's BSB up and I could see how it would be awesome for regular content, but it's kind of a turd in this magicite fight, it was doing like 10k damage with Leylines, BSB mode, and en-ice up.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Yeah, his formatting sucks poo poo, and his predilection towards using ackronyms based on the translated JP ability names, and not the GL names, really sucks too.

Oh and the way he uses like Lightning_3 in absolutely no discernable order.

Still though!

Ehhh, while I won't poo poo on Raoxi or gamefaqs as I do use it for info, but as far as I can tell, his numbers are mostly theoretical and probably best used as a general rule reference that these relics are decent or whatever and not some be all, end all guide.

Roulette update: 3700 yet, it'll be an interesting final few runs for me.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Ehhh, while I won't poo poo on Raoxi or gamefaqs as I do use it for info, but as far as I can tell, his numbers are mostly theoretical and probably best used as a general rule reference that these relics are decent or whatever and not some be all, end all guide.

Absolutely. For me, for instance, I was happy to find Ace with just his USB as a top option. Will my Ace be as good as a decked out Terra on a day 1 account? Hell no, but it will probably mean I'll see great results if I use him.

There's generally too much theory in his theorycrafting, but ballparks remain useful I think.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

I cribbed a team build off of a YT video I found on Reddit, got to ~20s clear.

Bartz: Snowspell Strike (R3, though if short on crystals, R2 + R1 should be fine), USB, TG Cid Mode Materia
Agrias: Saint Cross (R3+), BSB, Doublecast Knight Materia
Ramza: Armor Breakdown + Full Break, Shout, Mako Might
Relm: Stop + Shellga, BSB, Dr Mog's Teachings
Entrust Bot w/Ace Striker.
RW: Cloud USB

I figure the important parts are TG Cid mode and doublecast on your main damage-breaking DPS (so Cloud, if you have Native USB) and a secondary DPS that can contribute to a fair degree - Saint Cross is reliable damage (and, if you have a dived Agrias, has a 30% minor imperil proc), but a monk with Lifebane could work (assumedly, if you're running Cloud with a native USB, you're dumping Omega Drive on him). If you're speed-clearing, last stand is insurance in case you can't push through its first two phases fast enough plus insurance against Rocket Punch RNG, but the biggest key point is an instant-curaja burst and high MND for Stop.

The thing about Omega is it's an incredibly scripted fight - you have 4 (5, if you don't mind soaking a hit) of its actions in the first phase to get it down to 70% before it starts spamming AoE nukes at you, after which it uses Targeting, and then Ultimate Rocket Punch (9999 damage)/Ultimate Mustard Bomb (piercing attack) at a 50/50 shot, follows up with Wave Cannon (which is pretty inaccurate if you have instant death protection on), and then starts the AoEs again. Get it down to 50% and it becomes vulnerable to stop, but you only have a single turn (Ultimate Rainbow Wind, a nondamaging spell that poisons your team) to land Stop before it opens up the murder train again.

In other words, you have roughly five turns to get it down to a little less than 3/4ths, three more turns to get it down to half, and then pray your stop hits on the first shot.
I'd bounced hard against Omega before, but at least I've got most of the pieces here. The ones I'm missing are Bartz USB (as a major damage source) and Relm BSB (for its instant curaja command) - should I go with something like Squall BSB2, or something faster like Lion USB for chained instacasts? (I assume that physical characters are better here for how lean a speed clear needs to be.) Also I don't have any instacast curaja BSBs - should I then grab something on the upcoming Crystal Tower banner, or can I "fake it" to some degree? Finally, people talk about Entrust bots and I've not gotten down the rhythm of how to use them. Is it generally a slow buildup to one huge dump into a character, or just building up to one or two SBs and then entrusting smaller amounts (with R2 Entrust) at a time?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man I was excited to pull Edea and Rinoa's BSBs, hoping it would speed up my Fenrir clears...I was extremely disappointed.

First attempt I couldn't even clear it, second took 1:10, which is about 20 seconds longer than my physical team, which is completely reliant on a dived Bartz spamming Snowspell Strike and Celes using her BSB2, which doesn't even have high ice potency. Everyone was talking Edea's BSB up and I could see how it would be awesome for regular content, but it's kind of a turd in this magicite fight, it was doing like 10k damage with Leylines, BSB mode, and en-ice up.

So you're not using Memento Mori or CMD2? The former doesn't stack with Leylines, but that's just more reason to bring a faithga that does stack. If you aren't hitting the Mag to do 6 hits, you aren't stacking enough faiths. My Edea can hit the damage capx6 with her BSB CMD1, with Rinoa's chain and stacking Imperils. Without the chain it's more like 5k but that's still respectable damage.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

ZiegeDame posted:

So you're not using Memento Mori or CMD2? The former doesn't stack with Leylines, but that's just more reason to bring a faithga that does stack. If you aren't hitting the Mag to do 6 hits, you aren't stacking enough faiths. My Edea can hit the damage capx6 with her BSB CMD1, with Rinoa's chain and stacking Imperils. Without the chain it's more like 5k but that's still respectable damage.

Without chain, imperil, or boosting gear mine is hitting for just under 7k*6. It made the fight go from unwinnable to breezy. No regrets spending money for it.

The amount of self buffs she brings to the table makes it absurdly easy to use.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ZiegeDame posted:

I tried it out with double faithgas and it brought it up to like 20k per cast, which isn't bad I guess, but considering Bartz throws out 40k double-casts without even being en-iced, I'm still not really impressed. Double faithgas also means losing a DPS slot so it really was kind of a wash. There's no way I'm capping mag without like 3 faithgas, at which point I'd be relying on 1 DPS source, and that seems like a bad idea.

My faithga options are pretty much Cid's BSB, Sheepsong, Leylines, OK's BSB, and Yuna's BSB.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I tried it out with double faithgas and it brought it up to like 20k per cast, which isn't bad I guess, but considering Bartz throws out 40k double-casts without even being en-iced, I'm still not really impressed. Double faithgas also means losing a DPS slot so it really was kind of a wash. There's no way I'm capping mag without like 3 faithgas, at which point I'd be relying on 1 DPS source, and that seems like a bad idea.

My faithga options are pretty much Cid's BSB, Sheepsong, Leylines, OK's BSB, and Yuna's BSB.

She can use memento mori and her CMD 2 is a faithga. It is really easy to cap.

I double checked and she is hitting for 40k for me.

I'm using Cid BSB and Tyro USB2, which is enough to not even need her second command unless one of them is slowed.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edea gets her 6th hit at 1205 (like 200 past the mag softcap). With memento mori (30%), command 2 (30%) and burst mode (20%), you're one stacking 30% faithga away from hitting that at 457 base magic. I'm dealing 36k damage per round against Fenrir with a +ice RM. You can bring her and Bartz if you want since he can steal power for himself and they both benefit from Onion BSB

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

KPC_Mammon posted:

She can use memento mori and her CMD 2 is a faithga. It is really easy to cap.

I double checked and she is hitting for 40k for me.

I'm using Cid BSB and Tyro USB2, which is enough to not even need her second command unless one of them is slowed.

Hmm, I'll give it another shot, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong then. I wasn't running MM because it didn't stack with the faithga I was using, but I can try Cid's BSB and maybe OK with it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
The buff softcap is x2.5 which you will slightly be over with three 30% Faithgas and Burst Mode. So Edea will want around 482 MAG before buffs. Well, a bit then that less really with any Magicite bonuses and however buffs are calculated past softcap, but I just go with 2.5 for planning equipment and RM choices.

I think Rinoa has the same threshold, if not slightly smaller, for her boosted multiplier too (assuming you're talking about her BSB2) but her Command 1 maxed out does less then Chain Blizzaga so it's only good if you can get more then 5k per hit. Chain Blizzaga is 11.80/2 hits, Edea is 12.00/6 hits, and Rinoa is just 10.20/4 hits.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Finally got stupid Omega. I had to use a Terra OSB spam team and it took tons of reloads.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Elephant Ambush posted:

Congrats dude. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

Thanks bud. :cheers: I still have to beat six more Nightmare bosses, no idea what to expect from Magicites.

More newbie news: Wow, I went from suffering through the past few Torments (and not beating some), to mastering and getting my first 3CM on third try. This is definitely one of the easier ones right? Also helps that V is where I have the most synergy.

First had Faris stack on her wind imperils, then let Bartz do his USB > Cloud USB > Tornado Strike madness doing about 12K per hit.
Then moved on to Dorgann stacking earth imperil and Bartz repeating with Quake Strike. Got so many good procs that he only needed to use Quake Strike once.

And to top it off I got the power orbs :woop: From what I'm reading, you're guaranteed 3 majors from each D300? and is it of either fire/power or a set kind for each difficulty? Referring to this chart: http://i.imgur.com/vzVgkNj.png

Trying to see if setting up a tracker would be worth it.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 5, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The selectable FFX relic on Crystal Tower is Yuna BSB2, and the XI one is Prishe BSB. Otherwise it's as expected, I believe

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My pull got me Matoya's SSB (dupe) and Vanille's USB. Game keeps throwing 6* healer relics at me, man. I'd love a mage stick.

I'll probably get Larsa's BSB, but I'll sit on it for a little bit in case I decide to go Fujin/Yuna/CoD.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Any thoughts on Fujin's BSB? Does it still hold up?

Otherwise, gonna pass on this one. Everything else I either have or am not interested in.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I did the Crystal tower draw, got Seph's SSB (+dark armor), Reynn's SSB (+lightning armor), and Vayne's BSB (+dark fist). I mean.... that is okay, just surprising to get all this plus element stuff.

I"m debating on Fujin since I have her en-wind SSB and unique, or Larsa for my first real astra. If I can beat the XI torment without Larsa I will go for Fujin.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Guess I might as well pull on this banner for the shot at a free choice of a BSB. I wonder what kind of crap I'll get....

Cloud USB :stare:

k

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

After going 1/11 5* on all the fest banners I dared pull on I wan't sure what to expect from the crystal tower.

2/11 6* . . .

Which was yet another dupe holy sword osb and . . . Zach's chain!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

HPanda posted:

Otherwise, gonna pass on this one. Everything else I either have or am not interested in.

Fujin BSB is still good especially for mage teams. She gets slightly less relevant as other Ninjas get doublecasts, but she's still a solid source of Wind damage (especially if you get her SSB/LMR on the next VIII event).

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Ooh, Yuna BSB2? That's a surprise. Not sure if I want to go for the BSB2 for the MAG/MND buff and holy+ armor, Y'shtola for a good BSB and an XIV Medica for fututre Torment, or Larsa for the Astra.

Anyways, 3/11. Dupe Shelke BSB, Nabaat SSB, Tellah SSB.

Happiest about Tellah SSB actually - it's just a Ramza SSB-lite that just has a more common buff, so using it with non-Onion BSB Mage Shouts is a nice option for Magicite.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 5, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
1/11, dupe Raines fist :smithicide: Far from the worst kinda dupe to get but I just wanted something new.

Probably gonna pick CoD or Larsa’s burst, if my wind team wasn’t already doing good I’d be tempted by Fujin’s.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

HPanda posted:

The magic debuff looks pretty tempting for me. I'm torn between that or Sarah's Light Robe. On one hand, I plan on doing the FFI Torment when it eventually happens, and I want to be prepared. There aren't a lot of FFI gear opportunities, and my synergy is bad. I don't have a healing burst with Magic Blink on it, and it would be a handy thing to have anyway. On the other hand, Fujin is cool and would complete my team of rad FF8 lady mages. But I have tons of wind damage and tons of FF8 synergy already.

My pull got me Dupe/11 Rikku BSB. Bleh.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Ok. This last pull was an excellent finisher. Steeeeeeeeelllly blade. And stragos bsb with the only magic piercing command I'm aware of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
gently caress YEAH FINALLY

• Locked thread