Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Old white men of any station complain and expect it to be received as some noble pursuit. They're literally proud of their public whining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

If the rurals cannot be contained or controlled then they must be destroyed.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/lanadelraytheon/status/915719464703819776

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

that makes the 3rd shooter like that has been on some kind of mood altering medication

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

exactly he literally broke zero laws leading up to the shooting, as far as i know, so what do they expect anyone to do?

im also enjoying cnn pundits trying to blame the filipino lady for not reporting him to the police for buying guns. im like umm this is america.

well technically he committed tons of felonies even before the final act, it's just that those obviously were not something that anyone could catch without reading his mind and would be hard to prosecute even if they had been caught

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Elephanthead posted:

I would gently caress this elephants trunk
I would gently caress this I began to thunk
I would gently caress it in the morning
I would gently caress it in the night
Elephant trunk delight

username av post combo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I've seen the President throw a dead spiral of a beautiful canned chicken through a tire at 30 yards

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

:bernpop:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Duscat posted:

yup all the laws are deliberately written to be stupid as gently caress

what they should say is something like "any gun or collection of objects that can be assembled into such in your possession that, in proficient hands, can put through more than six rounds without reloading, or more than 20 rounds per minute in total, gets you a mandatory minimum of 1 year imprisonment for first offense"

yeah you'd have to slag most of the gun nuts' arsenals, which is rather the point

i mean you can fire more than 20 rounds per minute with pre-ww1 bolt action rifles, and be pretty accurate too

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gonna admit I don't get this latest loss.jpg ref

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Significant Ant posted:

that makes the 3rd shooter like that has been on some kind of mood altering medication

Hard to say that a premeditated act with four days of careful preparation are the result of medication

Apr 7, 2003

Still watching the skies

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/linernotesdanny/status/915687267993362437

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Duscat posted:

what they should say is something like "any gun or collection of objects that can be assembled into such in your possession that, in proficient hands, can put through more than six rounds without reloading, or more than 20 rounds per minute in total, gets you a mandatory minimum of 1 year imprisonment for first offense"

yeah you'd have to slag most of the gun nuts' arsenals, which is rather the point

https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/915314237777629185

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He could have been moving guns on pallets into his room with a forklift and no one would have said a loving thing

I could see this happening and the excuse being,

Paddock: "this is for a new ocean's eleven movie".

Underpaid security that doesn't give a gently caress on a good day: "carry on my white dude"

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Chokes McGee posted:

Gonna admit I don't get this latest loss.jpg ref

it's the bernie bro that shot off scalise's penis

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i mean you can fire more than 20 rounds per minute with pre-ww1 bolt action rifles, and be pretty accurate too

yeah that's why i always stop to dither over what exact number to put in that slot when i post something like this, and these numbers obvs would have to be made to work in the real world

guns are loving horrible in the wrong hands, and yet you have to allow for hunting rifles

any quick reload method should probs be banned, so no clips for civilians

but i think a limit to a six round capacity alone would be enough to limit the scale of the massacres a hell of a lot, and would also discourage the most pointless ones

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/915722355757985792

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

is that a miller composition??

i can see it.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

You'd have to slag almost every gun made in the last 150 years

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Duscat posted:

so no clips for civilians

my mags are safe :smugdog::freep:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

plug your property you fat disgusting piece of poo poo

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
throw the can you fat bitch

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

is that a miller composition??

i can see it.

could be, it'd have comparisons to utopias of whiteness such as Colorado Springs to compare and contrast good gun-owning cities to bad eggs with too many laws

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

yup

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lmao mass shootings have become viral marketing for the weapon industry

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

choke to death on an overcooked steak

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
what if we banned all guns but for those old timey rifles where you have to pull the lever back to reload and those old timey shot guns with two barrels?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Duscat posted:

yeah that's why i always stop to dither over what exact number to put in that slot when i post something like this, and these numbers obvs would have to be made to work in the real world

guns are loving horrible in the wrong hands, and yet you have to allow for hunting rifles

but i think a limit to a six round capacity alone would be enough to limit the scale of the massacres a hell of a lot, and would also discourage the most pointless ones

i feel like the only possible chance of this ever happening would be some bs concession where all existing guns are grandfathered in, like pre-ban full autos are, and everyone would just stockpile a million of them and make it pointless

you'd basically have to gut the nra to be able to do even the most watered-down lip service gun control though

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

Ok you've banned clips now what about magazines

Are stripper clips and reload assistants banned too because my friend has arthritis and can't reload without one

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i think yall should adopt canadian gun laws :shrug:

Apr 7, 2003

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i feel like the only possible chance of this ever happening would be some bs concession where all existing guns are grandfathered in, like pre-ban full autos are, and everyone would just stockpile a million of them and make it pointless

Yep, in the US you're basically grandfathering in 9 guns for every person who lives in the US

guns last forever

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Guy Goodbody posted:

what if we banned all guns but for those old timey rifles where you have to pull the lever back to reload and those old timey shot guns with two barrels?

that'd be pretty rad

slap some bump stocks on the ol' levergun, get some freedom

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

extremely down for this

Apr 7, 2003

Steve Scalise, whose cock and balls were shot off and whose rear end in a top hat was turned into a fine paste, has officially endorsed the method by which his cock and balls were shot off and his rear end in a top hat was turned into a fine paste.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also canadian gun culture

there are more firearms per person up here than in the states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Phi230 posted: