Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently the windows store is complete garbage is its overseen by the head of the Windows department who doesnt give much of a poo poo. Phil getting promoted and gaming being its own division means its possible things like that will get unfucked*.

*They absolutely wont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
opening the windows store causes my system to slow to a crawl

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

*adjusts nerd glasses* ACTUALLY, Cuphead is available on Windows computers, but for the purposes of this highly pedantic argument, we will ignore that the Xbox runs on a version of Windows (which makes the Play Anywhere initiative easy - and therefore profitable - to do) and that all Xboxes are technically Windows gaming PCs no matter how much it triggers optimacy OCD in some nerds.

It's not a TRUE exclusive, and therefore let me justify my existing opinions with that.

In closing, something about Bloodbourne or The Last Of Us or Uncharted or something who cares.

*furiously resumes watching Digital Foundry*

nice meltdown

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“Zedsdeadbaby”" post="“477054850”"]
Microsoft just needs to give up on Windows gaming altogether, they make excellent consoles but their PC effort is so lackluster and somehow has gotten even worse since their GFWL days. I always get the impression that they feel intimidated and out of their depth going up against Steam and Origin, and it shows through their tame and submissive Windows gaming storefront.
[/quote]

They made 1 decent console and abandoned their responsibility to make enough content for it prior to like 2012

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
updated the OP to reflect that FM7 and Cuphead are out and added store links to them.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

HyperPuma posted:

nice meltdown

I learned to be a cool guy by emulating shark tankers.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when you gaze into the abyss it gazes back

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
[quote="“TheScott2K”" post="“477044172”"]
Sunset Overdrive, the One True Exclusive
[/quote]

Honestly one of the worst games i played this gen. It retroactively makes jet set radio worse.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

when you gaze into the abyss it gazes back

what have I become

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Nothing says no one cares about the good and cool ps4 exclusives like sneeringly bringing them up unprompted multiple times in a thread for a whole other console.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knack 2 bay bee

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't been reading this thread for very long, but it's one of the most nonsensical things I have ever witnessed on the forums.

Tbh I can't believe most of the shark tank folks are still at it 5 years later.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“veni veni veni”" post="“477064229”"]
I haven’t been reading this thread for very long, but it’s one of the most nonsensical things I have ever witnessed on the forums.

Tbh I can’t believe most of the shark tank folks are still at it 5 years later.
[/quote]

We're all friends and we like talking to each other.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

And the ones that arent friendsly keep posting anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has there even been a real Xbox thread or has it just been a perpetual incoherent blend of shark tank/actual Xbox chat/console warrioring for half a decade?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey xbox one thread, what's good about the Xbox On-
<sony defense team bursts through the wall yelling about exclusives>

Yeah, I have no idea how it keeps coming up either!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Nothing says no one cares about the good and cool ps4 exclusives like sneeringly bringing them up unprompted multiple times in a thread for a whole other console.

Cool PlayStation exclusives like No Games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not that there is anything wrong with clowning on the Xbone it's not a great system. Then again it's not really bad either I dunno.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Not that there is anything wrong with clowning on the Xbone it's not a great system. Then again it's not really bad either I dunno.

Its merely unremarkable now. It used to have kinect

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's actually good now because i bought one with t*m br*dy on the box

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Why the gently caress does only NHL let you spectate from the bench/sideline when youre doing a season as one specific player and you arent in? I swear madden doesnt even let you spectate defense at all if you're playing an offense guy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Madden isnt good

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

Has there even been a real Xbox thread or has it just been a perpetual incoherent blend of shark tank/actual Xbox chat/console warrioring for half a decade?

It's pretty much the second one, honestly.

At this point I doubt it can just be exclusively about actual Xbox stuff due to the well being made up almost entirely of poison, honestly.

Video games are serious business.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

when we were banned from posting here the thread was consistently on page 4-6

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Madden isnt good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2k5 and blitz were good

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

when we were banned from posting here the thread was consistently on page 4-6

People didn't know that you were banned, though. Most people don't reevaluate, they form an opinion and never change it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Most people don't reevaluate, they form an opinion and never change it.

Like how people apparently to this day still walk into Gamestops thinking the Xbox One has always-online DRM.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the x out yet? I guess not cause theres no funny crowbcat vid

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Is the x out yet? I guess not cause theres no funny crowbcat vid

No

vember 7th

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How you gonna launch a console after mario odyssey comes out? Phil spencer very dumb for such a smart lie boy on e3 stage

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I will not believe the Xbox One X exists until I see a powerpoint presentation with accompanying sortable spreadsheet showing me the japanese sales data showing what a gigantic flop it is

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

univbee posted:

Like how people apparently to this day still walk into Gamestops thinking the Xbox One has always-online DRM.

I actually had someone last week tell me they're bringing it back for the X.

Of course, the same customer also said GTA 6 is out next year, so...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

univbee posted:

People should stop walking into GameStop

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I will not believe the Xbox One X exists until I see a powerpoint presentation with accompanying sortable spreadsheet showing me the japanese sales data showing what a gigantic flop it is

I'm surprised they even promote the pre-orders for that on the Japanese Xbox homepage.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seedge posted:

He's right if GTA means "Great Train Absconding".

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Seedge posted:

His uncle must work at Microsoft.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

*adjusts nerd glasses* ACTUALLY, Cuphead is available on Windows computers, but for the purposes of this highly pedantic argument, we will ignore that the Xbox runs on a version of Windows (which makes the Play Anywhere initiative easy - and therefore profitable - to do) and that all Xboxes are technically Windows gaming PCs no matter how much it triggers optimacy OCD in some nerds.

It's not a TRUE exclusive, and therefore let me justify my existing opinions with that.

In closing, something about Bloodbourne or The Last Of Us or Uncharted or something who cares.

*furiously resumes watching Digital Foundry*

We miss you too man.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seedge posted:

He's not entirely wrong, but is wrong in that the important parts of the always-online DRM (the one-time product key system with trade-in limits) aren't happening.

Where he's right is that it seems the Xbox One X is going to have pretty beefy extra asset downloads (which you won't have a choice on downloading if you have a One X) for 4K Textures and the like. With Fallout 4 on PC, their optional download for this is 57 gigs by itself (on top of the game itself). There's also the problem where games are requiring patch downloads to be "complete", Forza 7 requiring a sizeable patch for this.

Like the games "work" if you're offline but it sounds like on Xbox One X you'll be playing with limited graphical detail (and thus will have largely wasted your money) and in the case of Forza 7, certain content will be missing (this is also technically true with other games but I think in all those cases it's online-only stuff which makes a bit more sense that a patch would be imposed). Depending on how you like your conspiracy theories, it could very much be "testing the waters" for future digital distribution. It'll be interesting to see if any Bonx games will work fully offline with the retail disc, or will always require a patch download to get the 4K assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Xbonx: How you gonna launch a console after mario odyssey comes out?