Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So Y'sh is one of the top tier Medicas, right? Because outside of of Vanille's I have really really really bad Medica options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Infidel Castro posted:

So Y'sh is one of the top tier Medicas, right? Because outside of of Vanille's I have really really really bad Medica options.

it is a top tier medica on a top tier character given her wrath access.

the only other option I've heard consistently better things about is Rosa USB given her wrath access.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Wow 5/11 with two discos for the actual pull and it was . . . Cyan USB, Zidane OSB, my third dupe Vaan BSB, dupe Cutting Trigger and Iris SSB.

Oh well, least I got Fujin BSB.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Mixed feelings 1/11 CT for Ingua BSB. Followed up with 1/11 30th draw for Iris SSB. Did a rage draw for VI 1 banner to chase Shadow and got 4/11 with a disco... And got a complete Setzer (all his SSBs, lmr, and already had his BSB). Not sure how I feel about it. He's pretty much all ill ever need for any debuffing in a meta that's moving far away from it.

Oh well, saving up for X in a few months now.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
1/11: Strago's BSB. Seems pretty basic? At least it's more VI syngery.

Now that I have two bonus relic choices to make, I was hoping someone could help me decide.

Gem Only: I'm considering just hopping on the Cid Raines BSB train after hearing all the hype, as I'd like to build up a mage team. Up until now I've been doing 100% physical teams with Vincent doing some magic stuff here and there. Also wondering if Shantotto's BSB is any good, I pulled her USB and that's all I have for her, but I'm not sure if the BSB would work since they don't seem to be witch abilities.

Crystal Tower: Just torn between Yuna's and Orlandeau's. Yuna's would be nice for many reasons: My only summoners are Rydia OSB and Garnet BSB and it'd be nice to get more stuff to clear those Nightmares; it'd be nice to develop Yuna as my third healer (got Rosa and Y'shtola) so I can have Last Stand more readily available, and also for mage teams. Orlandeau's I just want because he's a cool character, and also the only one I have at 99 with no relics. Would he be good with only BSB? I guess I could just wait until his banner but that seems so far away...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Looking over the list it's probably Yshtola BSB (I have no relics for her) or Orlandeau BSB (I have his OSB). My healer BSBs are Relm, Eiko, Ovelia and Rosa.

I'm guessing Orlandeau is the way to go for the OSB + BSB combo?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm also thinking Orlandeau, since I have Y'shtola, I have Iris which is probably better than Larsa, and I have Mog which is probably better than Yuna.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

jebeebus posted:

It's actually not basic at all. It covers 3 elements (none of them the common fire/ice/lightning trinity), has a 4 hit command 1 which gives a party member magic blink, and has a 2 hit command 2 which completely ignores the enemy's magic defense, like ninja magic, but has no achievable cap to the amount of Magic which can contribute to its damage -- meaning that you can easily get Strago to a point where command 2 hits 9999x2 against any enemy which doesn't null or absorb both water and wind. The relic itself is also rare +water armor.

And Strago's eventual legend dive is actually pretty cool. His LM2 is "25% chance to heal the party for 30% of their maximum HP whenever Strago is hit". It actually makes him a pretty capable, if occasionally unreliable, secondary healer (and I've used him as my only healer in a sub-30 second 4 star Magicite clear).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 5, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So becuase of the Roulette I need 19 mythril of I want pull on Crystal Tower is that possible before the banner goes away?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

BGrifter posted:

Looking over the list it's probably Yshtola BSB (I have no relics for her) or Orlandeau BSB (I have his OSB). My healer BSBs are Relm, Eiko, Ovelia and Rosa.

I'm guessing Orlandeau is the way to go for the OSB + BSB combo?

I think people here have basically said that his BSB is pointless if you have his OSB, it's just flat out better.

I don't know what to pick myself - I have Vanille, Yshtola, Yuna, and Beatrix already. Was kinda tempted by Fujin since I have her OSB.

How is Krile's BSB? My fire coverage is bad so that's the other one I'm eyeing. I know Terra's sucks, so that one's out.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

jebeebus posted:

Piercing mag cmd 2. Trust me when I say any piercing attack is future proof. I have Sephiroth's piercing attack bsb1 and it's proved highly flexible and effective in magicite battles.

Also, anyone without Y'shtola BSB should highly consider getting that. Combined with her native support 4 it's very very good in terms of keeping your team alive, especially with a full dive.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Orlandeau BSB is nice, but not game changing. His entry works well against single targets but sucks against multi-targets. His command one is nice for a minor debuff if you don't have a thief along, and his command two is a pretty standard life steal. The thing dragging his BSB down is the charge times, though. If you give him some quick casts through whatever means (or just powerchain in a pinch), this is mostly a moot point.

That said, he's a drat good character in his own right. Having any relic for him is a bonus.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Trying to decide between Kain, Fujin, and TG CID for the select relic. I did OK on the pull (Delita USB and Bartz earth bsb)

I already have Kain's SSB (would be fully redundant), Fujin en-wind SSB, and TG CID OSB.

I'm thinking Kain for the lightning magicite as I don't have much for that (Celes fully LD + BSB2 is an option?) and an Ashe BSB I have never used, so Kain seems like he could do some good damage.

Fujin would be for golem magicite. Current plan was to use Alphinaud bsb and emperor bsb (both do an en-wind on entry). I'm not sure if one of those sucks or not because I never use them.

TG cid I don't use much, and I'm not sure that the bsb would make me use him more... maybe for holy-weak bosses but it seems I have a lot of options there already. It seems it would be complemented by his OSB though.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
4/11 on the tower draw: Quistis OSB, nice. Meliadoul BSB, well I guess I needed more Earth damage options. Edge SSB, dupe. Strago SSB, also dupe.

Not sure if I should grab Fujin BSB or something like Yuna/Terra BSBs. Fujin's is good for Golem Magicite right? I imagine Terra's is an option for Sealion/Living Flame.

Can i make multiple draws?

Edit: Nope, went with fujin bsb.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 5, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I suppose I should mention: Sarah and Yuna BSBs come on +holy robes, Beatrix' is a +holy sword, CoD' is on a +dark staff, Fujin's is on a +wind mage thrower and Kain's is on a +lightning spear, for what it's worth.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Zurai posted:

It's actually not basic at all. It covers 3 elements (none of them the common fire/ice/lightning trinity), has a 4 hit command 1 which gives a party member magic blink, and has a 2 hit command 2 which completely ignores the enemy's magic defense, like ninja magic, but has no achievable cap to the amount of Magic which can contribute to its damage -- meaning that you can easily get Strago to a point where command 2 hits 9999x2 against any enemy which doesn't null or absorb both water and wind. The relic itself is also rare +water armor.

And Strago's eventual legend dive is actually pretty cool. His LM2 is "25% chance to heal the party for 30% of their maximum HP whenever Strago is hit". It actually makes him a pretty capable, if occasionally unreliable, secondary healer (and I've used him as my only healer in a sub-30 second 4 star Magicite clear).

Thundercracker posted:

Piercing mag cmd 2. Trust me when I say any piercing attack is future proof. I have Sephiroth's piercing attack bsb1 and it's proved highly flexible and effective in magicite battles.

Also, anyone without Y'shtola BSB should highly consider getting that. Combined with her native support 4 it's very very good in terms of keeping your team alive, especially with a full dive.

Oh drat, okay. Considerably less salty about my pull then, sounds like he'd add nicely to the mage team I'm trying to put together.

So far I have Vincent, Shantotto (USB only), OK with BSB/OSB but no motes yet, Rinoa BSB2, and Nabaat BSB. Kinda all over the place.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Electric Phantasm posted:

So becuase of the Roulette I need 19 mythril of I want pull on Crystal Tower is that possible before the banner goes away?
Yes. On top of the normal daily login mythril: Daily missions start tomorrow so that's an extra one per day, Dissidia event starts tomorrow too with 12, and the DU starts on Tuesday for 16. You can hold off on the DU lucky if needed because the XV event starts October 12 for 12 mythril and the monthly Portal reward comes on the 14th for 10 mythril.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I think I'm going to get Larsa, because for all the healing I have I don't have an astra, and I either already have some of the other high-quality relics (Fujin, Y'shtola, Vanille) or have nothing else for the character and probably wouldn't use them just for it (Orlandeau). I heard that Yuna's is also decent, but I have Aphmau's, which seems to be extremely similar.

Am I missing any other really high-quality relics? Radiant Shield isn't much of a thing since I have Deployment Tactics.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Threw some mythril at the roulette since I didn't know if chips would still be available after today. Got everything though.

Draw got me a Gladius dupe and Duandal so that's nice. Choice I'm guessing Yshtola's? Right after I get Vanille's legend thingy open, haha.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Didn't realize the dungeons closed today, good thing I already got everything

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'm skipping on the Crystal Tower draw since the non-dupe Burst selection are just side grades that would see limited use so I guess I'm done with pulls for the fest after picking up Fang's Imperil BSB from my gem selection draw. My final tally on the banners, including the Lucky Draws, is Sarah BSB, Ovelia BSB, Rikku USB, Eiko USB, Seifer USB, Edge USB, Bartz OSB, Eiko SSB, Garland SSB, Jecht SSB, Shout #4, Rydia BSB, Relm BSB (dupe), Edea SSB (dupe), Ceodore BSB x2, Cloud USB, Sephiroth BSB2, Rinoa BSB and Zell BSB. Disappointed the Fest Banner 2 was kind of a dud despite two pulls but I'm pretty happy at getting three top tier USBs and a nice variety of situational useful BSBs. Now to wait on the next FF8 event to chase some more ice damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if i've already got Brightwing Staff USB for Vanille and nothing else for any healer should i just select her item?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

rabidsquid posted:

if i've already got Brightwing Staff USB for Vanille and nothing else for any healer should i just select her item?

Yes. Her BSB is really good.

Ysh is also worth considering.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well my 11 pull was only an 1/11 but i got fujins BSB, since i already have her OSB thats all right i guess, first character i have two relics for

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
1/11 rainbow, literally the only 6* I pulled the entire festival (Cecil's USB)

lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
[quote="“Hawkeye”" post="“477066402”"]
TG cid I don’t use much, and I’m not sure that the bsb would make me use him more... maybe for holy-weak bosses but it seems I have a lot of options there already. It seems it would be complemented by his OSB though.
[/quote]

Yeah that's what's got me on the fence, I have more Holy relics than anything else. But I have several good healers and would pull on a banner with Ysh to hopefully get her stoneskin.

I do have the Aerith reraise SSB and the Vanille +ability charges SSB. Maybe I'll go with one of theirs.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yes. Her BSB is really good.

Ysh is also worth considering.

For anyone that doesn't have another source of a debuff barrier I would actually say Larsa's BSB is possibly the best healer burst of the selection. It's not as consistently useful of an added effect as the other big healer BSBs there but for a newer player there are more ways to bring additional healing than there are to avoid debuffs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

somone got Doomtrain so I'm legally obligated to draw

Well, Steiner's doohickey is new. I'll hold off on choosing for now.

Also, Xezat and Kelger are on the way

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How is Krile's BSB? My fire coverage is bad so that's the other one I'm eyeing. I know Terra's sucks, so that one's out.
it's a basic enelement BSB, but with a couple of status effects grafted on. The status effects will be relevant about once in a blue moon. I wouldn't pick it up unless I had her OSB.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

My haul:

Healer Lucky: Ceodore BSB, Aerith BSB, Relm BSB
BSB Lucky: Rapha USB, Ovelia USB, Cloud BSB1, Tyro BSB, Sarah BSB
6* Lucky: Shadow USB, Ovelia USB (dupe)

30 Pull: Balthier OSB, Bartz OSB (dupe), Ayama OSB, Gabranth SSB, Cloud SSB1

Banner 2 ($1 draw): Relm BSB

Gem Pull (1 pull): Cid Raines SSB (dupe), Thancred SSB, Selected OK BSB

Banner 4 (3 pulls): Reks BSB x 2, Aphmau BSB, Balthier BSB2, Rikku USB

Banner 5 ($1 draw): Lightning USB

Soooo

big ticket items are Rikku USB, Lightning USB, Shadow USB, and OK BSB.

Sneaky-good stuff seems to be Rapha USB, Sarah BSB, Reks BSB, and Relm BSB. I think I can build some good A-teams using these.

I can see Balthier BSB2/OSB being situationally good (I already have his SSB and BSB1, too). Same for Ayame OSB. Wish I pulled her BSB too.

everything else ranges from "fine" to "really?" Thancred's SSB seems particularly lovely.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got Celes' BSB2 on the draw itself, but now I am still pondering despite deliberations on the discord.

I'm looking between Fujin BSB and Y'shtola. Fujin's BSB is ridiculously strong, I own Alphinaud's BSB too so I can synergises and I got some other fun wind poo poo going for me. A strong choice.

On the other hand, I've been chasing Y'shtola's BSB since it came out, BUT I have almost ALL other big healer stuff. Relm have her BSB and USB, Vanille BSB, Larsa BSB, Iris BSB, Yuna have all her BSB and her USB, Selphie have her BSB, among others, too.

I got Tyro's Wall, too. Suggestions, thoughts?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

Also, Xezat and Kelger are on the way

Woo!

Anyways, summary of the report:

IX - Freya Event
- Freya and Quina get Legend Dives/Materia - New 5* Dragoon Ability: Cyclone Bolt - Ranged 3-hit Wind/Lightning with 2 turns of No Jump Time (an upgraded Blood of the Wyvern)

V - Warriors of Dawn
- Xezat and Kelger join, Xexat, Kelger and Dorgaan Legend Sphere access, Bartz gets his Knight costume as a Dress Record (Why not Dancer) New Earth Ninja Abilities??? - It's the Earth Version of the 5* Physical Ninja set. Dark Orbs rise again.

XII - Larsa and Vayne - Larsa and Reks get Legend Sphere Access

FFII - Guy, Josef, Ricard and Scott Legend Sphere Access

FFX - Tidus and Seymour event

Other news:
  • XV Realm Dungeon Debuts October 11th. TAY and Type-0 Realm Dungeons debut November 8th.
  • All Torments open October 6th.
  • Kefka Hide & Seek Halloween Event

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 5, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I can't believe they remembered Freya.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Cosmic Afro posted:

I got Celes' BSB2 on the draw itself, but now I am still pondering despite deliberations on the discord.

I'm looking between Fujin BSB and Y'shtola. Fujin's BSB is ridiculously strong, I own Alphinaud's BSB too so I can synergises and I got some other fun wind poo poo going for me. A strong choice.

On the other hand, I've been chasing Y'shtola's BSB since it came out, BUT I have almost ALL other big healer stuff. Relm have her BSB and USB, Vanille BSB, Larsa BSB, Iris BSB, Yuna have all her BSB and her USB, Selphie have her BSB, among others, too.

I got Tyro's Wall, too. Suggestions, thoughts?

Iris BSB is already basically Asylum. I can't imagine there are too many fights where the slight difference in potency is making the difference between victory/mastery. You already have a lot of strong and varied healer options. Go with the relic that actually fills a new niche for you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why doesn't World of Final Fantasy get it's own realm?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Iris BSB is already basically Asylum. I can't imagine there are too many fights where the slight difference in potency is making the difference between victory/mastery. You already have a lot of strong and varied healer options. Go with the relic that actually fills a new niche for you.

Yeah, and Y'shtola do have her double cast heal Legend Materia and Iris' own Legend Materias are middling. That's why I'm indecisive.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
my lucks run out cuz the crystal tower draw was a dud. Dupe ashe SSB and shelke SSB

Chose larsas bsb as my free gift

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why doesn't World of Final Fantasy get it's own realm?

They grouped it in "Beyond" for non main-line FF properties, which would also include the Legends II characters if Global ever gets them. Mobius got saved by being slightly related to FFI. The assumption was there would be more characters eventually added to Beyond from other properties but nothing else has appeared so far.

I'm hoping we get a Chocobo to represent the Chocobo Series of games, personally. And something from Crystal Chronicles.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 5, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

pichupal posted:

V - Warriors of Dawn
- Xezat and Kelger join, Xexat, Kelger and Dorgaan Legend Sphere access, Bartz gets his Knight costume as a Dress Record (Why not Dancer) New Earth Ninja Abilities??? - It's the Earth Version of the 5* Physical Ninja set. Dark Orbs rise again.

Oh god I need mythril! :supaburn:

Looking at the list from JP I want Bartz BSB 2+3 and his LM, Faris USB, and Dorgann's BSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hogama posted:

I can't believe they remembered Freya.

Meanwhile Amarant who?

• Locked thread